Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Nice, 4ndy. If I may make a couple suggestions. Move your RDS to the forward-most position and flip the cover so it flips open downward, toward the receiver. This is so when you drop the muzzle an inch or two to scan the area after a course of fire, the cap isn't obstructing your view.

qHdP5.jpg

My AR carbine build. Colt m16 model 604 upper, E R shaw lightweight bbl, branson compensator, non telescoping CAR stock, 15/20 mag, colt 6 hole carbine HGs, cheapo illuminated 4x20 scope, surplus bipod.. its a tack driver, light as a feather, cost less than 600 bucks to build, and has eaten 1000s of rounds of steel cased garbage without a single hiccup :icon_e_wink:

• Like 1

That is an AWESOME Rifle! I would like an AR-10/.308 AR-style rifle, damn sure would . I would absolutely love to have an SR-25, I have considered starting saving for one, but they're mighty expensive and truth is I would need to spend a ton on Magpul to make the rifle look how I would like it, it just doesn't do it for me. Yours looks very nice tho, It works for me, but that paint job boy, that is some crazy a$$ $h!{ boy... It almost looks like it had an incredibly rough time in the sandbox combats of Irsq/The 'Stan.. crazy bro!

Thanks.. the base rifle was $1020 NEW.. then I added the Magpul MBUS (rear) and MI (front)..

wrapped the FACTORY Aluminum FF with Desert 550 cord..

Paint was Aervoe brand and can be bought either in a KIT for like $60.. or just cans for like $6.80 each.. I went with the USMC desert colors and also Krylon Olive (for underlying darkening).. this this is MUCH better looking in sunlight..

Heres another shot while paint was fresh..

In the middle of doing it.. (see the green sponge)

sponger.jpg

Some other pics from that hour...

DeskT1.jpg

RifleEnd.jpg

The paint..

Paint.jpg

qHdP5.jpg

My AR carbine build. Colt m16 model 604 upper, E R shaw lightweight bbl, branson compensator, non telescoping CAR stock, 15/20 mag, colt 6 hole carbine HGs, cheapo illuminated 4x20 scope, surplus bipod.. its a tack driver, light as a feather, cost less than 600 bucks to build, and has eaten 1000s of rounds of steel cased garbage without a single hiccup :icon_e_wink:

Holy crap. You got great taste.

Thank you :) that is if you are not being sarcastic lol.. I know its a plain jane KISS rifle, and the configuration is ancient by todays tactical standards, but thats just the way I prefer it.

Not being sarcastic at all. I'd also happily put it up against "todays tactical standards" under many scenarios. Daddy Likey.

Regardless, you got good taste.

Your cans are so pretty. Mine are all beat up. Shit, one of them permanently changed color LOL.

My M4-2K on the SBR is 1/3 golden and permanently stained in a few spots. The N6 is too new and has less than 100 rounds through it and the other M4-2000 is on a 16" middy which I have yet to run through CQ drills and have used it primarily for longer distance shooting so the rate of fire is slower and typically from a rest whereas the M4-2K on the SBR gets beat up pretty well doing NSRs, banging into doorframes in shoothouses, etc.

photo%2525201%252520%2525283%252529.JPG

photo%2525202%252520%2525283%252529.JPG

Just finished my "tacticool" one...

BCM 14.5" middy + BC1.5 brake (pinned) - bay lug (thanks Old School)

PSA Lower + PSA Magpul LPK + Stag Arms NJ Legal Stock

BCM/TROY Rear Flip up sight

BCM Gunfighter charging handle (mod4)

BCM Bolt Carrier Grop

Aimpoint T1 + Shane45's mount

Can't wait to take this thing out for a spin this week. :icon_twisted: