45Doll

NJ In Level 1 Energy Emergency Alert As Of Last Night

We have been under-volted since this morning.  I suspected it when the AC unit was not keeping a room cool that it normally handles with no problem.   Right now (15:45) we are at 112.8V,. when the normal value on my Kill-a-Watt  normally reads 121V.

There are 48  outages, but they all seem small, like less than 20 customers affected at each reported location. In total, about 2500+ customers are down.  Probably pole transformers failing as demand during an undervolt stresses  them.

Gonna a be even hotter tomorrow and just as hit on Saturday.  Come Sunday though Temps dip and highs are only in low 80s for next several days.

All these morons aggressive pushing electric cars.  Current power grid can hardly keep up with current demands and electric cars make up what?  Like 3% of all vehicles.  

5 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Invested in Solar for the house - my electric bills since January have been $5.  Definitely been offsetting the AC usage during the day...  

I did as well the solar panels cost me 110 a month n the system was built to produce 50 percent more than I use in a year.  So my s races are building up to in the end the panels cost me nothing

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

it. is. summer.

Its also the last two weeks of July, typically the warmest weeks of the year.

And we've had hotter summers in the past but now a few 90 degree days is described as "scorching heat".. :fie:  

6 hours ago, Bomber said:

And we've had hotter summers in the past but now a few 90 degree days is described as "scorching heat".. :fie:  

Cry me a river! :rofl:

IMG_8071.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Invested in Solar for the house - my electric bills since January have been $5.  Definitely been offsetting the AC usage during the day...  

Same. Had the panels for just over 8 years now. Halfway to paying them off. Between SRECs and low electric bills, I am very pleased my hippy wife talked me into them.

I have generated the equivalent of over $13k (in MWh) over their life span so far. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bomber said:

and they declare everything an emergency since we let them get away with the 'rona panic......

54 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Cry me a river! :rofl:

IMG_8071.png

what's humidity and dewpoint with those temps?

up here this summer, the humidity's been what's making this hard to take. temps? about normal'ish. humidity's through the roof though.

8 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

and they declare everything an emergency since we let them get away with the 'rona panic......

what's humidity and dewpoint with those temps?

up here this summer, the humidity's been what's making this hard to take. temps? about normal'ish. humidity's through the roof though.

Fortunately our humidity is around 45%, so it’s not horrible. 

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Fortunately our humidity is around 45%, so it’s not horrible. 

yea, that's not too bad. it's been over 60% up here almost constantly. in the am, it's so humid i'm seeing steam outta my exhaust.......

I checked my UPS logs this morning and voltage has been between 119 and 123 for the last 48 hours.

We're usually pretty stable. We have our own ground-mounted transformer from the 7KV primaries about 40 feet from our house.

The only downside is our primaries are a straight eight mile run from the substation. There's no grid. So anything that goes wrong along that run takes us down.

The alert continues.

"Prepare Generators": Largest US Power Grid Declares Emergency Alert For Second Day | ZeroHedge

12 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I checked my UPS logs this morning and voltage has been between 119 and 123 for the last 48 hours.

We're usually pretty stable. We have our own ground-mounted transformer from the 7KV primaries about 40 feet from our house.

The only downside is our primaries are a straight eight mile run from the substation. There's no grid. So anything that goes wrong along that run takes us down.

i installed a cyberpower on my computer at home, but didn't download any software......does it require that download to see logs?

Just now, 1LtCAP said:

i installed a cyberpower on my computer at home, but didn't download any software......does it require that download to see logs?

Probably. I have APC units. The older ones had serial connections; later models use USB. Your unit would need some kind of interface and then software on a PC to query the unit. Assuming your UPS is an intelligent model. Not all UPS units are. I have three dumb ones where I don't need smarts.

Check the Cyber Power website and get the specs for your model.