Chad

"Plan B" Protection

We all know our homes are well protected with firearms in the event of a SHTF situation. Living in a state that will not issue us CCWs can leave us pretty vunerable outside the home. Do you keep a weapon in your car or on your person? A knife / baseball bat / tire iron / taser (while abiding by NJ laws of course). I'm not sure of the legality of possesing such weapons, or things that can be used as weapons. Are everyday objects only considered weapons once they are used as one?

I have a aluminum 26" 15oz tee ball bat (target for $9.99) under my seat in the car. Perfect size, and light weight. I have a strong strap that goes around my wrist so it can not be taken away from me as easy.

A good quality tactical flashlight goes with me in the car all the time. Clipped on my belt out of the car. 120 lumens and up will cause temporary blindness, giving you the chance for "Fight" against the bad guy, or a head start on "Flight".

If you go with the baseball bat, keep a ball and glove in the car as well. It may help with your defense case, or when passing a local park with a game going on. :lol:

4d Maglight.... that I cant unscrew to change the cap to change the batteries. (side of hte seat)

a tire iron changing thing in the trunk.

The Club! on the floor behind drivers seat... for those times I may go to brooklyn. (anyone still use one of these?)

The Club! on the floor behind drivers seat... for those times I may go to brooklyn. (anyone still use one of these?)

Only for personal protection :lol:

I too do the 4d cell mag lite. And Maks why can't you get the endcap off? You need to meet my superfriend http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-80078-An ... B000FW7VGE used on everything from aluminum fasteners in aluminum or steel to car lugnuts.

Its not illegal to have a baseball bat or even a stick/pipe in your car in NJ.

But be warned that if you put a rope on the bat to hold it in your hand so it can't be pulled from you

If you put a nail in a stick

Or wrap any tape around a pipe to give you a better grip

It is considered a deadly weapon in the state of NJ.

Chad, they sell a 26" or so aluminum bat with a leather string around it in most fishing departments of sporting good stores and even Walmart and Target. If this is the one you bought then you are OK under NJ law, but if it truly is a T-Ball bat and you added the string you can and probably at worst will get locked up for it. At best the officer may cut you a brake and take it from you sending you on your way.

I have the aluminum 26" fish beater bat and a truckers tire checker. The truckers tire checker is a great defensive product, its a thick round stick with a hole drilled through one end and a leather strap to hold in your hand while the other end has a 2 and a 1/2" 10 oz metal end cap on it to beat the tires to see if there full of air, its Jerzy legal and $6.99 at any truck stop...