TacticalLawyer

How big is your stockpile?

One of our 'stockpiles' consists of household essentials. TP, coffee, paper towels, etc. that we rotate according to the type of product.

This week Mrs. 45Doll brought home a replacement case of large Kleenex boxes. I brought the oldest one up to replace it, and noticed something.

The stockpiled one was from 2022 and had 190 Kleenex per box. The new replacement had 160. Can't compare the price, but we can guess that probably held steady (or close). That's a 16% drop in content.

We've seen this before, and we'll see it again.

5 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

One of our 'stockpiles' consists of household essentials. TP, coffee, paper towels, etc. that we rotate according to the type of product.

This week Mrs. 45Doll brought home a replacement case of large Kleenex boxes. I brought the oldest one up to replace it, and noticed something.

The stockpiled one was from 2022 and had 190 Kleenex per box. The new replacement had 160. Can't compare the price, but we can guess that probably held steady (or close). That's a 16% drop in content.

We've seen this before, and we'll see it again.

Welcome to the strongest economy ever

• Haha 1

IMO this guy had enough of everything.

California Authorities Raid Gun Owner's Home, Seize Massive Stockpile of Firearms and Ammunition – RedState

California Attorney General Rob Bonta today announced the arrest of a suspect in Richmond with a large cache of illegal firearms, including assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and approximately one million rounds of ammunition. The suspect is alleged to be legally barred from owning weapons.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 45Doll said:

California Authorities Raid Gun Owner's Home, Seize Massive Stockpile of Firearms and Ammunition – RedState

California Attorney General Rob Bonta today announced the arrest of a suspect in Richmond with a large cache of illegal firearms, including assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and approximately one million rounds of ammunition. The suspect is alleged to be legally barred from owning weapons.

"DOJ agents seized approximately 11 military-style machine guns, 133 handguns, 37 rifles, 60 assault rifles, 7 shotguns, 20 silencers, 4 flare guns, 3,000 large capacity magazines, approximately one million rounds of miscellaneous caliber ammunition, and dozens of rifle receivers and pistol frames."

Ok, some of this is illegal and it sounds like he's probably up to no good but I'm still a little jealous and feel like I have some catching up to do.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, maintenanceguy said:

"DOJ agents seized approximately 11 military-style machine guns, 133 handguns, 37 rifles, 60 assault rifles, 7 shotguns, 20 silencers, 4 flare guns, 3,000 large capacity magazines, approximately one million rounds of miscellaneous caliber ammunition, and dozens of rifle receivers and pistol frames."

Ok, some of this is illegal and it sounds like he's probably up to no good but I'm still a little jealous and feel like I have some catching up to do.

I'm not jealous!  He needed more shotguns!  I don't have the space to store 1,000 cases of ammo nor do I have more than a quarter million dollars to spend on ammo!  I'm good for now!:)

12 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Sounds like my man was the beneficiary of the one of the following us gov programs , Ukrainian laundromat, Afghanistan Fun Surplus, or The ATF is Too Fast and Too Furious . That or he forgot to kick up the vig to politicians and they came  down on him.

That's a lot of stuff not to have been noticed before.

7 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

Most of the time these stories are about a guy having "an arsenal" of 10-15 firearms and a few thousand rounds of ammunition, so it's ho-hum.  But this was truly impressive (OK, except maybe for the shotguns).

7 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

Most of the time these stories are about a guy having "an arsenal" of 10-15 firearms and a few thousand rounds of ammunition, so it's ho-hum.  But this was truly impressive (OK, except maybe for the shotguns).

Well, as Paul Harvey used to say, "And now... the rest of the story!" And it's a doozy IMO.

There's always the (news).... And then there was what really happened ... This was taken from a California gun forum .....................My friend is a local FFL that does contract work for the Police Department and Sheriff's Department where this happened and he gave me some background to this case a few days ago. The man who this stuff belonged to is in his 90s and a relative of his had to obtain legal guardianship over the man because he is suffering from advanced dementia which is why he is no longer legally allowed to possess firearms. The man has not lived in the house where his collection was stored for the better part of 6 years because he's living in a nursing home. The majority of the firearms have been owned for more than 40 years well before they were ever regulated in California and the man has possessed a special federal firearms license called a Curios and Relic license for the better part of 60 years that allowed him under California law to possess machine guns. The actual machine guns that were in the man's possession are ones that are legally owned and are registered with the NFA and the tax has been paid on them. The authorities have been well aware of what was in his possession because he registered them with the state when they required it. They're simply pretending like this man is a criminal once they found out he was no longer mentally fit to possess the firearms and gleefully seized his collection.

Hat tip: PAFOA forum

• Informative 2

43 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

soooo....dude did nothing wrong, state raided his home and stole his shiit. do i have that right?

That's how I read it. Although there's a lot of unanswered legal questions, even just the ones I can think of.

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

That's how I read it. Although there's a lot of unanswered legal questions, even just the ones I can think of.

while i agree a lot of unanswered questions......the dude had those all legally apparently and they apparently were secure. and his son was apparently trying to do the right thing to take posession. and the state fucked them for trying to do the right thing.

On 2/17/2024 at 5:29 PM, 45Doll said:

There's a post on this on another thread here about how this guy may be a 90 year old with dementia who no longer lives in his house , but had the necessary tax stamps for all the items that the media found scary.

56 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

There's a post on this on another thread here about how this guy may be a 90 year old with dementia who no longer lives in his house , but had the necessary tax stamps for all the items that the media found scary.

Yep!  He's not enjoying them though! He's been in a nursing home for the past 6 years. The weapons have been secured properly and legally for those past 6 years. His son is trying to take possession and Commiefornia is screwing with him!

Those 11 MGs are worth about a quarter million alone! The old man collected them with the tax stamps prior to 1968 so they can be legally sold! 

41 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Yep!  He's not enjoying them though! He's been in a nursing home for the past 6 years. The weapons have been secured properly and legally for those past 6 years. His son is trying to take possession and Commiefornia is screwing with him!

Those 11 MGs are worth about a quarter million alone! The old man collected them with the tax stamps prior to 1968 so they can be legally sold! 

Cal-Guns-2.jpgCal-Guns-2.thumb.jpg.397d8ef493cab3e054f8862f63a946f3.jpg

I would think it would be worthwhile to fight for this property in court. Especially as it was all legally owned.

• Agree 1