antimatter

CC Reciprocity - FL now accepts NJ Permit

Been planning a Florida trip(s) and was just checking USA Carry and about month ago they now honor NJ permits.  Glad I checked since mine expired.

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed-carry-permit-reciprocity-maps/

• 1/8/2024 – Florida accepts all state’s resident permits.
  • Informative 2

I just completed my FL CCW application online. I’m going to call the sheriff’s office tomorrow to see if I can get fingerprinted down there since I’ll be there on Thursday 

• Like 1

Myth:  Open carry is permitted.

Fact:  Open carry is still illegal in Florida under most circumstances. You may openly carry a firearm if you are engaged in or traveling to / from fishing, camping, hunting, or test / target shooting.

I would not call that Constitutional Carry, but close. In AZ, any 21YOA non-prohibited person can open or conceal carry without a permit, but an 18 year old can open carry only.

Yes, no doubt there are advantages to having a permit, not the least of which is reciprocity.  I have had a Florida CCW permit for many years, and am now well into my second one.  I have heard that there are felony traps in carrying without a permit, for instance getting within 1000 feet of a school zone.

On 2/4/2024 at 4:08 PM, antimatter said:

Been planning a Florida trip(s) and was just checking USA Carry and about month ago they now honor NJ permits.  Glad I checked since mine expired.

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed-carry-permit-reciprocity-maps/

• 1/8/2024 – Florida accepts all state’s resident permits.

are you driving?