DirtyDigz

Here comes microstamping!

https://www.njoag.gov/ag-platkin-finds-microstamping-technology-viable-for-use-in-commercial-firearms-following-live-fire-testing/

Attorney General Matthew J. Platkin today announced that, based on both live-fire testing results and existing peer-reviewed studies, microstamping technology is a viable means of matching an expended cartridge case to the weapon from which it was discharged. This finding represents an important step toward establishing a roster of microstamping-enabled commercial firearms, as contemplated by P.L. 2022, c. 57. Governor Phil Murphy signed that law in 2022 to facilitate the rollout and adoption of microstamping technology for firearms made available for sale to the New Jersey public.

In preparation for the opening of the microstamping roster application process in the next few months, Attorney General Platkin has named firearms expert Reinaldo Roldan as the State’s designated Microstamping Examiner. In that capacity, Mr. Roldan will administer the application process consistent with the standards and qualifying criteria issued by the Attorney General’s Office. Once a firearm is approved for inclusion in the microstamping roster, New Jersey gun retailers will be required to make available for sale at least one gun from the roster.

Mr. Roldan is a Senior Investigator with the Statewide Affirmative Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Office. Mr. Roldan, an Army veteran, previously worked for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for 23 years, retiring as a senior Special Agent in the agency’s Newark Field Division. During his service with the ATF, he investigated all manner of gun-related crimes, including international firearms trafficking, and was the supervisory Special Agent of the Crime Gun Intelligence Center for the New York ATF office. In that role, he was cited for his participation in the investigation and subsequent capture of Chelsea bomber Ahmad Khan Rahimi in 2016. Mr. Roldan has a bachelor’s degree from the University of the State of New York and a master’s degree in Cyber and Homeland Security from Fairleigh Dickinson University.

Mr. Roldan wouldn't have any financial interest in the very first firearm to be included in the microstamping roster (and the one that all NJ firearms retailers will be required to carry), right? RIGHT!?

6 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Even if the technology can be used to trace a shell to a firing pin, it completely fails any realistic reliability requirement. 

Platkin can stick his microstamp up his macroass. 

Exactly first they peen and wear but even if that didn't happen. They find a casing it traces to a stolen gun out of Georgia. Ok great thanks Miss Chleo could've told you that for 1.99 a minute, a hell of a lot cheaper than the microstamping scam. .. I take it back Miss cleo is free the first 3 minutes an even better deal for the same info.

Youree Del Cleomill Harris, Famed TV Psychic Miss Cleo, Dies at 53 After  Cancer Fight

So would this mean that we would have to register a firing pin if we needed a new one? Another bright idea from people who know nothing about guns and who really don't give a fuck about gun violence , just gun grabbing.

23 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

https://www.njoag.gov/ag-platkin-finds-microstamping-technology-viable-for-use-in-commercial-firearms-following-live-fire-testing/

Mr. Roldan wouldn't have any financial interest in the very first firearm to be included in the microstamping roster (and the one that all NJ firearms retailers will be required to carry), right? RIGHT!?

This a colossally stupidity, and one more ridiculous, costly, imposition on NJ firearms dealers that will no doubt cause a few that were already marginally profitable to go under. That said, I don't see anything in the law that requires anyone to purchase such a firearm, the only requirement seems to be on dealers to make one available. Has there (yet) been any legislation introduced or proposed to make this mandatory? Not that I doubt that the assclowns are having wet dreams about doing that, just wondering if any of them have mentioned that aspiration.

34 minutes ago, FDHog said:

They know what they need to do to stop crime, they just refuse to do it. It's not fair to incarcerate the criminals. 

What's really odd when you think about it, the biggest democrat "voting" areas are the ones with the highest crime rates.

39 minutes ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

That said, I don't see anything in the law that requires anyone to purchase such a firearm, the only requirement seems to be on dealers to make one available. Has there (yet) been any legislation introduced or proposed to make this mandatory? Not that I doubt that the assclowns are having wet dreams about doing that, just wondering if any of them have mentioned that aspiration.

The thing is from my reading of the law, so I could be incorrect, is that a "retail dealer" includes gunsmiths and ffls that only do transfers. So now do they have to carry inventory now?

1 hour ago, Ferris said:

So now do they have to carry inventory now?

I'm going to speak with an FFL tonight who generally does not carry inventory. I will ask and let you know the response

4 hours ago, Ferris said:

The thing is from my reading of the law, so I could be incorrect, is that a "retail dealer" includes gunsmiths and ffls that only do transfers. So now do they have to carry inventory now?

Spoke with an FFL that fits this description. His plan is buy the cheapest one available and keep it in stock.

On 2/29/2024 at 3:10 PM, Grima Squeakersen said:

That said, I don't see anything in the law that requires anyone to purchase such a firearm, the only requirement seems to be on dealers to make one available.

Oh boy, here comes my side hustle!  I'll buy a couple microstamped handguns and offer a $20/year contract to every NJ FFL to sell it to them immediately upon demand so they have it "available"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Oh boy, here comes my side hustle!  I'll buy a couple microstamped handguns and offer a $20/year contract to every NJ FFL to sell it to them immediately upon demand so they have it "available"

JIT inventory for FFLs pure genius, I'll be an investor

Non-paywalled archive copy of nj.com article:

https://archive.is/pzkPx

Tracing bullets: N.J. approves ‘microstamping’ guns, but nobody sells them

New Jersey officials on Wednesday released a long-awaited report on gun “microstamping” technology that would make it easier for police to solve gun crimes, an “important step” toward making every commercially sold weapon traceable, according to the state’s attorney general.

Just one problem: Nobody sells them. ...

On 2/29/2024 at 3:51 PM, Ferris said:

I haven't read the language of this bill, but the NJ law requiring all NJ dealers to stock a "smart gun" has a provision that allows the NJSP to exempt FFL's that only do gunsmithing, don't stock firearms or don't normally sell handguns from having to stock a "smart gun".

If this ever comes to fruition, I will probably put a $10,000 price tag on that pistol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1