dino71

Do our NJFID cards have an expiraion date?

Good morning everyone, as the title states I was wondering if our NJFID card ever expire. I "assumed" that as long as live in in my current residence and it matches my drivers license then I am go to go. Is this correct? I am asking because someone on YOUTUBE talking about NJ conceled carry rules mentioned a ten year limit and I thought that was odd.

-Dino

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dino71 said:

Good morning everyone, as the title states I was wondering if our NJFID card ever expire. I "assumed" that as long as live in in my current residence and it matches my drivers license then I am go to go. Is this correct? I am asking because someone on YOUTUBE talking about NJ conceled carry rules mentioned a ten year limit and I thought that was odd.

-Dino

It does not expire.

36 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

It does not expire.

Not true.  This is right off of the NJSP website.

"All initial Firearms Purchaser Identification Cards submitted for after 10/25/2022 shall display a color photograph and shall expire during the tenth calendar year following its date of issuance. Any subsequent approved application shall renew the Firearms Purchaser Identification Card for an additional ten years."

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

All initial Firearms Purchaser Identification Cards submitted for after 10/25/2022

Dino was asking the question and I would assume that he and most everyone here got their initial FPID card before 10/25/2022!  These cards do NOT expire after 10 years. I got my card in 1983 and it still works just fine!

That really sucks that the newer ones expire. It is going to suck for me if I ever move. I will have to check mine when I get home but mine definitely does not have my picture on it. I think I got it back in 2012 when I moved. I hear is also $50 now to renew when I only paid $5! This just seems to be another form of suppression of our rights.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, dino71 said:

That really sucks that the newer ones expire. It is going to suck for me if I ever move. I will have to check mine when I get home but mine definitely does not have my picture on it. I think I got it back in 2012 when I moved. I hear is also $50 now to renew when I only paid $5! This just seems to be another form of suppression of our rights.

The NJ Politburo views it as the ultimate  win-win when they can suppress our rights while simultaneously raising more money by doing so.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, dino71 said:

The important date is when you first got your FPIC. If you have a non-expiring one, when you move and do a change of address you will still have a non-expiring one.

The $50 fee isn't grandfathered, sadly.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

Dino was asking the question and I would assume that he and most everyone here got their initial FPID card before 10/25/2022!  These cards do NOT expire after 10 years. I got my card in 1983 and it still works just fine!

correct.  Only the new ones expire.

1 hour ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Yes!

Soooo, one can acquire a long gun with just a FPID card, because it has the pic, dob, and address on it. Hmmmm. No other ID required.

4 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Why would the FPID be wrong?

The FID card could be 100% correct, but if a person moved and didn't update their D/L then the dealer would submit the address on the FID card and the NICS would check address against DMV and if they didn't match there would be an issue.

So we check both.....

57 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i think that those issued within the last year or so do in fact expire.

I think 99.9% on this forum got their FPID cards LONG before last year and they in fact do not expire! We are good for life or at least until the commies take over and take our FPID cards and guns away from us.