coldsolderjoint

Is this this legal in NJ?

Just making sure.. I guess that guy is an FFL.. or stupid.

OR,

he is not aware of the law or keeps it at his vacation home in PA.

Ignorance of the law is no defense (just like the rest of us) :(

That's true.. just raises red flags when his location is prominently listed.

But I guess I might have been out of line posting this here.. so if the mods want.. please delete.

If he is an FFL he can have and sell it just not in NJ. M1 Carbines are illegal so cut down to pistol size is not going to make is any more legal. This would be in the same Category as a Draco or AR pistol not going to fly here.

why are M1 carbines illegal? are you talking the folding stock version?

M1 Carbine is on the banned list I believe...

Yup. Different than the M1 Garand.

In reality.. it shoots what is basically just a big pistol cartridge and is just a scary gun for the gun banners. Not really anything particularly destructive about it.

believe me i know exactly what an M1 carbine is, and where the term 'carbine' actually came from.

what i never heard of is why would it be banned. it is a full rifle after all, and i know someone who has had one for many years. the folding stock version, as stupid as the reason, i can see why that would be 'banned'. but a regular full stock?

believe me i know exactly what an M1 carbine is, and where the term 'carbine' actually came from.

what i never heard of is why would it be banned. it is a full rifle after all, and i know someone who has had one for many years. the folding stock version, as stupid as the reason, i can see why that would be 'banned'. but a regular full stock?

EM - you are attempting to apply LOGIC to NJ's firearm laws. (Using Yoda Voice) A wise path, this is not.

It was called the Enforcer. Universal products were mostly junk. you never knew what you were getting as some used GI parts and designs, some were totally different. I had a Universal M-1 Carbine and it was not well made. It worked but the quality was less then i would accept today.

Why they are on the NJ list? Who knows in light of what is acceptable.

I belived the enforcer was classified as a pistol as it had no stock. however, you will note the magazines are the 30 round type, which are illegal in N.J.

Why is the carbine ban in N.j. ???? Simple. the idiots that wrote up ban weapons, like the carbine, were total duds when it comes to firearms.

Carbine I believe was classified as an 'assault' weapon. Now we all know an assualt weapon can be a 2x4 board, knife, baseball bat, beer bottle, etc.etc.

Actually any weapon as well as object can be classified as an 'assault' weapon. Why not ban baseball bats, knives, boards, beer bottles, etc.etc...

You will read someone was killed with such weapons as I have listed. Now the fact that someone's attacker did not have a firearm did not save their life.

When someone intends to kill they will use any weapon at hand. Banning of firearms will NOT cease murders. But, keeping murders OFF the streets will...

The reason it is banned is pandering, liberal politicians wanted to show they were tough on crime so they banned the evil M-1 carbine which is a "weapon that belongs on the battlefield, not on our streets." :puke-front: It makes no sense so don't waste your time trying to understand it. Just pack your bags and I'll see at the range in North Carolina. I'll be sure to say "Nice M-1 you have there and it looks cool with the 30-round magazine."

The reason it is banned is pandering, liberal politicians wanted to show they were tough on crime so they banned the evil M-1 carbine which is a "weapon that belongs on the battlefield, not on our streets." :puke-front: It makes no sense so don't waste your time trying to understand it. Just pack your bags and I'll see at the range in North Carolina. I'll be sure to say "Nice M-1 you have there and it looks cool with the 30-round magazine."

Yea I'd like that removed from the list. They make a California Okay version. If it's safe enough for Compton it's safe enough for NJ. Christie don't let us down!

I too, would love to get the M1 carbine off the idiotic list in NJ. Better yet, get rid of the list entirely, but that may be too much for the moment. I would hope there would not be a specific manufacturer of carbine to be 'allowed', would prefer the real thing from CMP.

On another note, someone else on this site said there was a big bank robbery in Northern NJ (figures) just about the time the NJ AWB list was made up, and supposedly the perps used an M1 carbine. Or perhaps in was an M2, which of course woulda been illegal then, never mind they were used in a crime. Dunno if thats the reason its on the list, but make s as much sense as anything else here