singh073

Petition to change NJ CCW laws!

You can get 10,000 people to sign and it won't make a difference.

These things take time and effort. Some of the states that have "shall issue" CCW laws it took years for it to get approved and pushed through.. We must make the efforts to voice our concerns and freedoms, otherwise one day we will lose more than just the 2nd amendment.

Our Founders fought for these freedoms and sacrificed so much not to see them fade away but to encourage us to continue that voice and keep these freedoms alive.

I say keep pushing forward and let it be heard that our voice counts as well.

Almost 700 so far...

So far 716, what I don't like is that I get a Change org mail every day. I try to register my wife and won't let me even after erasing the browser. I was n# 58

I received two emails from them. I unsubscribed by choosing the link at the bottom of each email. They stopped after the second one.

Smity

Change.org is Ben Rattray's social networking site. It's like a political Facebook. If you go to their website and view the causes they support, do they sound like a liberal or conservative front to you? Anyone ever hear of anything being resolved based upon its polls? It's a waste of time, and so are 5,000 signatures. If you want attention, 50,000 phone calls and letters to N.J. state representatives will garner some attention. Until that happens, nothing will overcome the sentiments of the Sup. of NJSP or the N.J. State Assoc. of Chiefs of Police who support lawmakers in Trenton. They seem content with the N.J. ranking 16th in the nation's murder rate (FBI's 2008 statistics) and the fact that not many people in New Jersey are gun buyers/owners.

New Jersey ranked 16th in the nation in the murder count, according to FBI statistics in 2008:

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/do ... 8tbl20.xls

I'm basing that other assumption on NICS check tallies since it went into practice in 1998. (Note New Jersey's transactions compared to other states. This doesn't necessarily imply actual purchases, but is a good starting point.) It is a matter of common sense what statisticians and politicians think when they view certain statistics and apply their views accordingly.

FBI NICS statistics by U.S. state since 1998:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/State% ... 8-2010.htm