Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at Bullet Hole

I was at BH yesterday (so was Rauchman apparently, good to see you buddy and love the new Glock) and there was a new RO who I hadn't seen there before. I was running dot drills with my SR-15 about 15 yards out and I get a tap on my shoulder...

RO: "The target goes all the way to the backstop with that rifle!!"

Me: "Actually I've been shooting it here since last summer and that's the first I've heard of this."

RO: "All the way to the back, I don't want your bullets bouncing off the floor when you shoot low. That's how it works on my range."

Guy was kind of an a**. I really like the other RO's there too, but this guy was a hardass with his 1911 cocked and locked on his hip, staring over my shoulder waiting for me to break a rule.

I know that guy, he's actually one of my favorites. He drank the Springfield Armory kool-aid in regards to 1911s. Now, the old dude that never has a gun on his hip and never says anything nice? Well, lets just say I'll be glad when he retires.

hey RayRay, you got off easy w/ just bringin the toys! :icon_mrgreen: Its tuff emptying my wallet there, especially after TWO trips back 2 back just to shoot ONCE!

Yeah, that sucked. So, LCR 38 or what?

What did this guy look like? I'm glad I don't go there anymore.

I don't know how to describe him because now he's one of two old guys who basically look alike. There's one old guy who I don't mind, he's stern because he deals with a lot of assholes but he recognizes me now and only tells me to slow down when I'm really running my rifle fast. This other guy is newer (in my experience) and a complete hater.

There's a guy there who isn't covered in gray hair and has a bit of a "snaggle" tooth and he absolutely rules. Coolest RO ever.

The younger RO (John or Joe) is the best! Beretta 96 on his hip and isn't a ball breaker like the older gents. Sadly, he is in the store now and doesn't RO anymore. What a shame, typical BH move.

The younger RO (John or Joe) is the best! Beretta 96 on his hip and isn't a ball breaker like the older gents. Sadly, he is in the store now and doesn't RO anymore. What a shame, typical BH move.

The dude with the mustache? He's not bad.

Is there an ongoing NJGF meetup at the Bullet Hole? If so, when is it? It would be fun to actually meet some kindred spirits from here.

It's every other Tuesday... altho I think we've lost track of which Tuesday we're actually on.

That said, some of the regulars migrated to the range in Bayonne after BH got a bit too crowded and/or annoying on Tuesdays so the turn out of NJGF members has decreased as of late.

If I make it I'll most likely just have my XD9...love bringing the shotty but I don't like bringing it in and out of the apartment building too much (don't like drawing the attention that I have firearms in my place)...I'll have a WVU hat on...I'm sure I'll hear your hand cannon going off

If I make it I'll most likely just have my XD9...love bringing the shotty but I don't like bringing it in and out of the apartment building too much (don't like drawing the attention that I have firearms in my place)...I'll have a WVU hat on...I'm sure I'll hear your hand cannon going off

I had to cancel last minute due to a family emergency. I'm shooting for tomorrow night.

I'd love to shoot with you guys. I'm a new shooter and BH is only a couple of miles from my house. I am thinking about bringing my Remington .22LR Rifle with me next time.

Other than Sigman and a few others, this is kinda dead. Bayonne, on the other hand, is where it's at!

• Like 1

does anybody go to bullet h ole on weekends. that is the only time i have available as i work 3p-11p during the week. i would love to learn how to shoot with friends. like suburban commando i am a new shooter as well, bayonne is only open on weekday nights if i am not mistaken.

does anybody go to bullet h ole on weekends. that is the only time i have available as i work 3p-11p during the week. i would love to learn how to shoot with friends. like suburban commando i am a new shooter as well, bayonne is only open on weekday nights if i am not mistaken.

We can go there on morning this week if you like.