Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

The purpose of having a short barrel is to make the rifle more maneuverable. So WTF would they short barrel it, and then put a damn chain saw on the end? Completely defeats the purpose.

THAT's your problem with that particular "product"?

• Like 2

its the exact same ammo as critical defense, and for the exact same price. the only 'gimmick' is the packaging and green instead of red tips. itll work just as well as any other critical defense

true, but for liability reasons I'd skip it. Unless your REALLY saving it for the zombie apocalypse and you have money to burn.

I was not trying to start and argument fella's I just wanted to point out how over priced that store is.

I wouldn't mind picking up a few boxes.

37.50 for zombie max ammo looks like 308 vs $23.58 - CheaperThanDirt

29.60 for 45acp vs $18.89 - CheaperThanDirt

THAT's your problem with that particular "product"?

Other than the fact that it's completely stupid? Yea I have that problem with the product as well. I'm just trying to point out absurdities that may be easy to miss for someone who's not looking :p

that would be a HUGE stretch, even in NJ. i dont buy it

"Members of the jury, I submit that had my client in fact been a zombie, we would not in this room here today. But does the plaintiff look like a zombie to you? Is he, in fact, attempting to eat our brains at this moment?"

• Like 1

that would be a HUGE stretch, even in NJ. i dont buy it

It's been discussed on numerous forums. I was giving you the answer you asked for. Whether or not I believe it is a mute point. Is it worth taking the chance in NJ? Great -1 by the way...you asked the question...just trying to give you an answer.

first off, its moot point, not mute. if it was mute no one could hear you.

second, i wasnt giving YOU a -1, but more taking away the +1 that ray gave, because of all the people that should buy this, its him. and the fact that he thinks its such a bad idea and dangerous to own is asinine.

third, if you ever actually have to actually shoot someone to defend yourself in NJ, having zombie ammo is the LAST thing youll ever have to worry about. someone using the 'zombie ammo, not to be used on humans' angle would be a more ridiculous argument then the 'if it doesnt fit, you must acquit'

• Like 1

second, i wasnt giving YOU a -1, but more taking away the +1 that ray gave, because of all the people that should buy this, its him. and the fact that he thinks its such a bad idea and dangerous to own is asinine.

It's too expensive! Plus, a HP isn't needed against zombies. What you need are FMJs to crack threw the skull.

first off, its moot point, not mute. if it was mute no one could hear you.

third, if you ever actually have to actually shoot someone to defend yourself in NJ, having zombie ammo is the LAST thing youll ever have to worry about. someone using the 'zombie ammo, not to be used on humans' angle would be a more ridiculous argument then the 'if it doesnt fit, you must acquit'

Sorry for the misspelling. I typed that after a few beers. Thursday was the one year anniversary of an accident that took a real good friends life so I decided to have a few cold ones for him.

I never said it's not a ridiculous argument, but it is an argument nonetheless. I don't know why an ammo company would put not for use on humans on the box for ammo that's designed for SD/HD. I think I would just buy the non-zombie version to avoid any chances. I picked up a box of the zombie stuff as a novelty (will prob pick up a box of the .223 and 12 gauge just to have a box for all my firearms). The "if the glove doesn't fit you must acquit" argument was ridiculous but it worked. I don't know too many people that can put on a fitted leather glove over latex gloves, but it worked for the Juice.

Not necessarily zombie-related, but disaster-related. In the same vein as what Petey posted above, here is a lecture-series on YouTube from Dr. Lee Clarke from our very own Rutgers University. It is titled "Disaster and the human response." Anybody with Sakai access probably saw this on the main screen, haha, so, sorry if this is redundant.

For background info, Dr. Clarke was featured in the History Channel special "After Armageddon," so you might recognize him.

• Like 2