Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

Something to keep an eye on. Apparently a new, mutant strain of H5N1 (Avian flu) has cropped up in Vietnam. I guess we'll see how much the restrictions the Viet govt enacted will help protect the people (no live birds for consumption are allowed within city limits). Links to stories follow:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/08/30/un.bird.flu/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2031601/Mutant-strain-bird-flu-spreading--resistant-existing-vaccines-warns-UN.html

8th century Irish zombies?

• Archaeologists in Ireland have unearthed two 8th-century skeletons buried with stones stuck into their mouths.
  • They believe this could have been a way to ensure the dead did not rise up like zombies.
  • Bodies identified as revenants or the "walking dead" tended to be people who had lived as outsiders.

• Like 1

The story is really quite interesting. The fact that the death rite predates known cultural practices shows that there is still quite a bit too learn.

I doubt it was an illness. My guess is that maybe it was because of the feud between north and south medieval Ireland at the time, or had something to do with being undesirables-- and were treated so after death. I wonder if there are any other markings on the bones that would indicate cause of death, as that could explain a lot.

From the cultural standpoint, it's hard to say. Celtic polytheism does stretch back to the early days of the region, and how these two males were buried does point to that fact. Thing is that Christianity really decimated a lot of that culture around the 7th century.

Basically, with all of the given facts, unless a forensic anthropologist can find physical evidence or more burials like this pop up, their burial will remain a mystery. For the time being, to err on the side of caution, I'll believe it was zombies :superstition:, haha

• Like 1

If it did come out it would be too expensive to stock up on. But a good idea none-the-less.

They could probably just print up packaging and stuff their regular ammo in the box and make a mint just for people who would want to have it just to have it.

Harry

Some Airsoft chinese knockoff red dot/eotechs already have that.

I don't see the point - you're covering up more of the target..

Yeah, it is for kicks and that's it. Maybe on a 15/22 or something I can see it. But that's it.

Ray Ray (me)

Caine

SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

Shane45

mikeyboyeee

celraysoda

bbk

nickd308

Just so you guys know, I didn't start this thread. I think a mod got mad that I kinda jacked a previous thread. So far this is my team, or should I say our team.

I'm good to join plus I can cook lol

I know I'm a noob here, but I'd like to be in as well. I'm in Union County and fear that I will be In a dense outbreak area! I'm a natural survivor, good cook, basic self defense knowledge, can fix just about anything (even things that never worked), and an incredible driver. I always felt that I would he useful in a situation like this.