matt6669

CMP Qualifications

Hey Guys I just want to make sure I have all my Ducks in a row before I go take a 8 hour trip to Ohio to buy my Garand.

I have a Birth Certificate - Check

I have hands on training - Check

I belong to Cherry Ridge and when you belong to Cherry Ridge you are a member of ANJRPC which is listed on CMP's club list. Do all I have to do is show my Cherry Ridge badge and that's good enough. Or do I actually have to get like a letter or something from ANJRPC proving I'm a member.

Am I missing anything else?

Thanks

M

As I remember, I sent a copy of my ANJRPC membership card (not badge) along with copies of other credentials. Same wallet-sized card I show at Ramsey Outdoor Stores for discount.

omg, I was going to say maybe I'll follow you there, but forget it now. He is a left lane richard and talking on the cell phone, and soooo many other poor driving habits!!! :lol::lol::lol:

We arn't letting him drive. 90 in the fast lane the whole way!!

omg, I was going to say maybe I'll follow you there, but forget it now. He is a left lane richard and talking on the cell phone, and soooo many other poor driving habits!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Who are you talking about? Can't be me since I've got enought speeding tickets to last 2 lifetimes.

btw, I have my DD214, that's all I need right?

You know you joke about that Dan but its true. When I went for my Sleep Study, the technician was amazed. He said he'd been doing this for 25 years and has NEVER seen someone fall asleep in a minute 30 seconds haha I rock!!

The DD214 will cover the training requirement. You should still bring your birth certificate for proof of U.S. citizenship. I would also bring your FID card. I don't know if you need it in the store, but you do need it when ordering by mail.

What are you guys planing on getting? I just ordered an M1D service grade. The wait always kills me since I don't know what I'm going to get. I ordered a Winchester Service grade M1 one time and, while it was a nice rifle, I was somewhat disappointed that the ONLY Winchester part was the receiver.

also pick up some ammo

It might be available by that time. It only recently been unloaded.

Submit the paperwork prior to going. They will certify you prior to your leaving. If there are any problems, you will be notified. Doing on site could or could not be cleared the same day.

The DD214 will cover the training requirement. You should still bring your birth certificate for proof of U.S. citizenship. I would also bring your FID card. I don't know if you need it in the store, but you do need it when ordering by mail.

What are you guys planing on getting? I just ordered an M1D service grade. The wait always kills me since I don't know what I'm going to get. I ordered a Winchester Service grade M1 one time and, while it was a nice rifle, I was somewhat disappointed that the ONLY Winchester part was the receiver.

I recieved my M1D earlier this month , correct stock dec 42 receiver only parts that were not sa was the wra hammer, and a hra barrel nut.very pleased. waiting on a woodless win to come in.

8 hours?? Weaksauce... I could do it in 6 1/2 easy.

475 miles in 390 minutes = 32.6683077 m / s

That's a moving average of 73mph.

Reset your GPS stats to zero and try to give that one a whirl.

Even if your typical speed on the road is 85mph, your moving average probably won't get much over 63mph.

Try to run 85mph on rt80 in Ohio. I lived there for 28 years. You'll get about 5 miles.

8 hours?? Weaksauce... I could do it in 6 1/2 easy.

475 miles in 390 minutes = 32.6683077 m / s

That's a moving average of 73mph.

Reset your GPS stats to zero and try to give that one a whirl.

Even if your typical speed on the road is 85mph, your moving average probably won't get much over 63mph.

Try to run 85mph on rt80 in Ohio. I lived there for 28 years. You'll get about 5 miles.

I participate in a road rally every year from Philly to Miami... we usually maintain 80-85mph incl stops ;)

I use to drive between Columbus, Ohio and Montclair, New Jersey all the time. Went to college out there. 515 miles best time ever was 6 hours 37 minutes. Chevy Cavalier 1 tank of gas. Ran out across the street from school at the gas station.

I use to drive between Columbus, Ohio and Montclair, New Jersey all the time. Went to college out there. 515 miles best time ever was 6 hours 37 minutes. Chevy Cavalier 1 tank of gas. Ran out across the street from school at the gas station.

A fellow OSU alum! 6.5 hrs is def record time. I rented a car once to transport myself and a bunch of stuff one spring break and i logged my best time ever somewhere in the 7 hour range from Red Bank. What years did you attend (95-99 here)?

The time I made it in 6.5 hours there had just been a major snow storm that hit Ohio and PA and all of the spots where cops sit had 2 feet of snow in them. I hit the PA border doing 85mph, got past by a guy doing 95mph and caught up to him. Neither of us stopped until we hit the OH border and we never slowed to under 90 the whole time in PA. It was the best drive ever. I don't generally drive like that anymore. Older and wiser.