Sign in to follow this  
vozella

Illegal Magazines

Not personally BUT I was at Brick Armory once and a guy had 30 rd. mags for his AR and the the owner (forgot his name) came in to check on the shooters, noticed this dude, left and then returned with "backup" (another employee) and asked the guy about it. Turns out the guy's a LEO and the AR was dept. issued... all good in the end :D

You frequently see people being charged with oversize magazines as add-on charges to other gun crimes. So you'll hear about someone being arrested with an automatic rifle, two other illegal guns, and oversize magazines. It usually adds to other charges.

Not personally BUT I was at Brick Armory once and a guy had 30 rd. mags for his AR and the the owner (forgot his name) came in to check on the shooters, noticed this dude, left and then returned with "backup" (another employee) and asked the guy about it. Turns out the guy's a LEO and the AR was dept. issued... all good in the end :D

A few months ago, a guy had a M&P 15-22 with the standard magazine (forgot how much it holds), I told him those where not legal here. He said that he's from Virginia, and doesn't plan on getting pulled over anytime soon. Okay, see ya later.

problem with this it's so hard to tell which are blocked. So many mags look hi-cap and so many look like a regular 10 or 15. Like mention above this is usually an add on crime. point in case why sacrifice your gun rights for a couple extra rounds by mags and connecter atleast your get 20 :D

off topic but a couple years back I believe at a state range in the mid-west a marine's semi fire bushmaster shot off two rounds and he was arrested for having a class III. dont remember how it actually turned out. if I have time for you when I get into work Ill post it.

So.... because his gun was able to fire in burst mode..... his gun was malfunctioning?

http://209.200.109.169/arfcom/Olofson/O ... iorari.pdf

Is it really an issue, or this guy was trying to pull wool over everyone's eyes?

So.... because his gun was able to fire in burst mode..... his gun was malfunctioning?

http://209.200.109.169/arfcom/Olofson/O ... iorari.pdf

Is it really an issue, or this guy was trying to pull wool over everyone's eyes?

Nah, just the government screwing another citizen. Automatic weapons really shouldn't be illegal anyways... but little chance that'll happen.

There has to be more to this story. He was probably doing something else and the gov't couldn't stick him with the real crime so the gov't charged him with this BS. It happens ALL THE TIME. You just don't know about it cause the gov't is not allowed to disclose unless its public record and the bad guy will NEVER tell the truth. He just wants your sympathy. ie gov't took my guns, etc

I believe he was also charging people $50 to assemble their AR parts, which is manufacturing according to the ATF. He should have just shut up instead of telling averyone on AR15.com what was going on. That was probably admissable as evidence as well.

I don't disagree that if the gov't has it out for you that they're going to get you, but if you're going to make it easy for them whether out of stupidity or just plain ignorance...

Not sure about people getting checked/arrested at a range, Im sure its happened before. But there have been plenty of charges in NJ for hi cap mags. Many arise out of another gun charge, i.e., Muffin with allegedly selling auto weapon to leo in NJ, or domestic violence arrests that precipitate weapons seizure and hi cap mag charges.

Is this the case you were talking about?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEAPONS OF CHOICE

'Broken gun' conviction upheld by court

Rules government does not need to provide evidence to defendant

Posted: May 04, 2009

10:05 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh