gunforhire

Tactical Pistol Shoot 5/1/2010. Who has what it takes?

My outdoor range in Somerville. Reloads in high speed shooting create unwanted malfunctions and create reliability and safety problems. The entire course of fire is above and listed on my site. Check out the pick from todays AR event and past pistol events.

Anthony

Reloads in high speed shooting create unwanted malfunctions

What a load of crap, Just say it is because you do not want the liability problem.

I have traveled all over the county shooting in both Tactical rifle, 3 gun and Ipsc/Uspsa matches. Taken classes with Super Dave Harrington and others.

Everyone uses custom reloaded ammo.

I do think it sucks that I would not be able to use reloads, however it is not like they are making you buy their own ammo.

500 rounds is a big deal though, and another $200 in ammo on top of the class as opposed to under $50 in components.

why not just make people sign a liability waver for ammo?

Nope, no reloads and we do not sell ammo.

Does Sig Academy and other reputable schools let you use reloads? Nope.

Nobody said shooting was cheap.

If your a lightweight take up wiffle ball. LOL

Anthony

Go shoot a USPSA match for 20 bucks. Or IDPA.

And you will get 99 percent of these shooting drills.

Here at the local matches you can rub elbows and learn from 5-6 grandmaster class shooters that will not charge you anything to pass on their knowledge.

Light weight yeah, Just like you are a Tactical Mall Ninja. LOL

+10 Kal.....LMFAO. My last 2 USPSA matches have had just about every stage he mentioned, Kal is 100% correct. There was 2 Grandmasters in my squad and I learned ALOT(for FREE). Kal your "Crazy as Hell" I'm still laughing heheheehee 'tactical mall ninja'. Gun For Hire wish I could afford it, @ 52k a year, wife,children, mortgage... etc I dont think thats light weight, thats just regular working class.Your 1 event cost is a new XD45 LE for me! I shoot USPSA twice a month @ 200+ rounds a match and I'm more than comfortable. Maybe if you could do a once a year intro to your event at half price with half the ammo you could pull in some more business? That would be definetly in the budget and I would love to shoot it. I'm sure more would agree? :think:

You guys are a pisser! Kal, is the mall thing yours? I am adding that one to my quiver. Thank you.

As far as the price, etc. all of my events are limited to 27 people (3 lines of 9) and they are always sold out with a waiting list. I post all my events here to give the forum members a heads up. I know its not much but I do offer members a 10% discount on all my training and events.

The shooting events are 27 people shooting over a period of 10 hours with all food and snacks included as well as cash and other prizes included. All of my instructors including myself are hard core shooters. My top guys are military and swat team vets so the training is pretty intense. Stop by and check it out one day.

Anthony

This is a partial list of my creds,

NRA Senior Training Counselor

NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

NRA Law Enforcement Instructor Handgun

NRA Law Enforcement Instructor Shotgun

NRA Benefactor Life Member

NRA Ring of Freedom Member

NRA Heritage Society Member

NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator

- Congressional District Eight N.J.

Life Member - Assn. of N.J. Rifle and Pistol Clubs

Board Member - Assn. of N.J. Rifle and Pistol Clubs

Regional Vice President - Assn. of N.J. Rifle and Pistol Clubs

Regional Training Counselor - Refuse to be a Victim

Life Member - Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership

Member - National Shooting Sports Foundation

Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Member - U.S. Concealed Carry Association

Member - International Defensive Pistol Association

Member - United States Practical Shooting Association

Member - International Assn. of Law Enforcement Trainers

Member - International Law Enforcement Educators

- and Trainers Association

Twitter - https://twitter.com/gun4hyr

Facebook - facebook.com/anthony.colandro.

Linkedin - http://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonypcolandro

Our Social Networking Site

- http://gunforhire.ning.com/

Or check us out on N.J. Gun Forums - http://njgunforums.com/

+10 Kal.....LMFAO. My last 2 USPSA matches have had just about every stage he mentioned, Kal is 100% correct. There was 2 Grandmasters in my squad and I learned ALOT(for FREE). Kal your "Crazy as Hell" I'm still laughing heheheehee 'tactical mall ninja'. Gun For Hire wish I could afford it, @ 52k a year, wife,children, mortgage... etc I dont think thats light weight, thats just regular working class.Your 1 event cost is a new XD45 LE for me! I shoot USPSA twice a month @ 200+ rounds a match and I'm more than comfortable. Maybe if you could do a once a year intro to your event at half price with half the ammo you could pull in some more business? That would be definetly in the budget and I would love to shoot it. I'm sure more would agree? :think:

Hey Martin:

You own me $230 for the introduction class. :lol:

I just got that one Frank....lol Pretty sharp wit you got there man. I'll be back up at Shongum to shoot the next match on the 1st of May. Looks like Ken and both of the Ed's are gonna be there again also. You gonna make it?

-Martin

I'm very interested in taking this class, but won't be around on 05/01 (should be somewhere between OH and W VA on my bike tour). Are you going to be offering this class again? Also, this would be my 1st ever training class, but have been shooting since '92. Are you taking on training newbies?

Yes we will be running about 20 more courses in the upcoming months. We will be running four hour skills development courses at my facility. The will be four hours long and designed for level 1, 2, and 3 shooters. The cost will be less due to the shorter hours. We will also run more carbine, shotgun, and three gun matches.

Anthony

All of our course address CQB. We will offer AR Platform courses as well as Shotgun. All of our spring events including the May 1st one is sold out with 3 people on a waiting list. I will be posting the fall open events on the forum soon. We also have some great Invitation only events for the Gun For Hire faithful and "family.

Stand Strong

Anthony

Don't mean to restart this old thread but that looked fun Tony. If I ever get my finances straightened out I'll be coming to see you. But 250 bucks and a ton of ammo is alot to someone as poor as me. :x