Regulator72

Sooo..No more BA on Tuesdays, now what?

I might not hurt to talk to them for us if you a member there. Their membership is a bit steep though.....

I'll give them a call about the walk-on fee. I think their membership @ $225 is $25 more than BA now. They do have family member discounts though ($85 for each additional) and LE discounts. I will give a call and see if they can do anything for a NJGF membership discount.

SS walk on fee is the same as BA's @ $20.

Chris,

I have seen you there shooting a AR I think.

I hope they could do something for us on Tuesdays because it was nice to shoot during the week.

Chris,

I hope they could do something for us on Tuesdays because it was nice to shoot during the week.

Hey Brian,

I was talking to you in the parking lot last week at BA. I'm the big bald guy.

Chris,

Hey Brian,

I was talking to you in the parking lot last week at BA. I'm the big bald guy.

incase you forgot what he looked like..

Bald_Eagle_lg2.jpg

Chris,

You can get a 1 year for $200 at SS. This is all just way to comical for me. I joined BA last Tuesday night because I was so enjoying shooting with you guys. I have SS membership. So now that you are thinking of heading there, I basically just flushed $200 down the toilet. Could have almost bought the rimfire kit for my glock with that!

I really enjoyed Saturday mornings at SS as 8-10 is members only. I bet if there were enough of us, we could get Kyle to do something similar at a more decent hour. I have no problem asking.

Tony

The bad part of this is that I know several members of BA that became members, simply because of the Tuesday meetings.. I am a member of both SS and BA, and basically only became a member of BA because they provided us with a place to shoot, BS, and "talk shop" in a comfortable atmosphere. I felt the need to join BA because of this, and to support them.

Don't get me wrong, not saying it's not worth being a member just because there is no Tuesday meetings, as they obviously have more to offer and i personally like the setup they have..

hopefully something can be worked out, or another day that works for everyone...

Monday, Wednesday or Thursday for me.

I have emailed both Phil @ Brick Armory and Kyle @ Shore shot about this. Hoping to have a response soon.

I spoke with Shore Shot today. Kyle's on vacation and Billy wasn't in. I'll check tomorrow to see if anything can be arranged.

I joined BA last Tuesday night because I was so enjoying shooting with you guys. I have SS membership. So now that you are thinking of heading there, I basically just flushed $200 down the toilet. Could have almost bought the rimfire kit for my glock with that!

Get your money back from BA. Minus the $3.85 for this past week of course. Was the 'closed Tuesday' deal in effect when you paid for your membership? If not, then there is your reasoning.

Why not come on up to the Bullet Hole and have your meet-ups with some real cool kats?

Afraid Matt might show up :o

Besides, I heard it was a sardine can up there, do you really want another 12-14 people in there?

Why not come on up to the Bullet Hole and have your meet-ups with some real cool kats?

Afraid Matt might show up :o

Besides, I heard it was a sardine can up there, do you really want another 12-14 people in there?

Make that 14-16 people. . . Bryan and myself should count as two people, we're not exactly svelte. ;)

I went into TBH once. Purchased my judge from there. Not my cup 'o tea. VERY crowded.

I joined BA last Tuesday night because I was so enjoying shooting with you guys. I have SS membership. So now that you are thinking of heading there, I basically just flushed $200 down the toilet. Could have almost bought the rimfire kit for my glock with that!

Get your money back from BA. Minus the $3.85 for this past week of course. Was the 'closed Tuesday' deal in effect when you paid for your membership? If not, then there is your reasoning.

Phil never mentioned it when I paid up. I called tonight but Phil or Milton was not around. They told me to call back tomorrow. I said "tomorrow's Tuesday". He replied, "oh yeah, call Wednesday". You know I will.

Thanks!

Tony

Awaiting response. As of now, my plan is to it up Dix wed, and perhaps BA wed night.

This will change if I hear back from Kyle@SS, or Phil@BA

Hopefully you hear back from SS or BA. BA Wed sounds fine for me. I can't check forums at work during day so will have to wait in suspense til get home from work tomorrow to see what happens...

I just spoke with Billy, the owner at Shore Shot, and he made some special pricing for NJGF members. It is $10 walk-on fee for non-members ($20 for non-members). Also, Yearly membership for NJGF members is $190 (non-members $225). You will need to provide them with your username so they can verify your membership here.

I will be heading to Shore Shot tonight between 7:30 and 8, if anyone wants to meet up. I will be the big bald guy putting all my shots into the 10 ring. :)

I just spoke with Billy, the owner at Shore Shot, and he made some special pricing for NJGF members. It is $10 walk-on fee for non-members ($20 for non-members). Also, Yearly membership for NJGF members is $190 (non-members $225). You will need to provide them with your username so they can verify your membership here.

I will be heading to Shore Shot tonight between 7:30 and 8, if anyone wants to meet up. I will be the big bald guy putting all my shots into the 10 ring. :)

Sounds like SS stepped up to the plate for us when BA kicked us to the curb.

I say F*ck'em and go where we are welcomed. Altho most of you guys go a lot more then me, that's what I think.

+1... so we can do both. tuesday and wed. =P

Working all day today, so will not be able to go shoot tonight, but will be at Dix tomorrow it looks like, and perhaps in the eve at BA. Hopefully they get heir act together and open up tuesdays because this is ludicrous.

I honestly don't know why you would want to go back to BA after they pull something like this.

Especially since they didn't even give a heads up or say, "Hey, we know you guys come in on Tuesday's, we are thinking of closing Tuesdays. Does any other day work for your group?"

But they didn't.

SS saw the opportunity, stepped up and did the right thing.

I probably won't ever go back to BA for this reason alone.

I honestly don't know why you would want to go back to BA after they pull something like this.

Especially since they didn't even give a heads up or say, "Hey, we know you guys come in on Tuesday's, we are thinking of closing Tuesdays. Does any other day work for your group?"

But they didn't.

SS saw the opportunity, stepped up and did the right thing.

I probably won't ever go back to BA for this reason alone.

Why? because I like shooting there and I like the people there.

Do I think it is stupid to close and on such short notice? absolutely, but I have seen and heard other stupid crap too. I dont hold grudges against people, and I do understand what he is thinking.

I am sure they will be and open on tuesdays soon enough after they realize the impact. If not, then perhaps there will be an opportunity to buy a range soon :shhh: .

Whats the point of being miserable and letting it ruin your day? What happened was bucket 3, outside of our control, and mostly outside of our influence.

From this, a few things will happen.... there will be some BA members who will not care, there will be those that care but put up with it, and there will be some who will not put up with it, cancel their memberships and go elsewhere.

Soon though, it will be forgotten and it will revert back to how it has been, whatever your individual experience is.

A few of the folks from chat basically decided to move to Wed nights and while not Tuesdays, it is a day to go shoot. Am I going to go every week like I have been for the past year with the few exceptions, probably not, because I would be much happier shooting outdoors at Dix.

At any time, any range owner can decide to take a day off, and we are guests of their business. They have that right. Based on what their policies are, it is up to each individual to do as they wish. While we may have our own opinions, at the end of the day, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head and telling them what to do.

That is the great thing about this forum, it is a medium for people to share their ideas, where there is no right or wrong.

As for renewing membership, if the tuesday thing is permanent, I will be considering it as well, I pay for my memberships as much as any others. Still waiting for Central Jersey to invite me to a free membership. :mrgreen: :lol:

Just a quick addendum, part of my reasoning behind not being super pissed about this is because we cant afford to be. As great or as crappy an FFL may be, in New Jersey, strength in numbers. As much as seasoned shooters may complain about newbies, those newbies are the ones that are keeping things going and making sure we still have the privilege to own firearms in NJ. Public ranges like Brick Armory, Shore Shot and Bullet Hole, are the main people who get new shooters started in the sport. Without them, we are as good as dead.