jermz1987

How about a good game of scenario .

Ok folks here the background. A Zombie Apocalypse is happening. You have no time to get to the store and buy ammo, supplies, food and water. You have to pack light and you wont be returning home. You Can only grab 2 weapons. 2 weapons which you will have ammo for. The guns you choose need to be a gun you already own and that you have now. Nothing you sold or is about to sell, Doesn't count. You have 1 hour to get everything together.

SO knowing you have such a short time to get ready and also knowing that you wont be back home. What 2 weapons would you choose and why?

1. I would pick my cz75b SA 9mm- Reasons are that I have spare mags that hold 15 and that I shoot best with it. Very reliable, sturdy and 9mm ammo can be found everywhere.

2. My second choice is my Mossberg Maverick 88 12g shotgun. Simple to use, simple to clean. Very light and shotgun shells can be found everywhere.

So what are your 2 choices. Remember. You have to own the firearms you choose. So No flamethrowers or rocket launchers ;)

Easy, the WASR-10 and the .40 XD. Why? Because I only own 3 guns and the Arisaka is not ideal for speed or ammo availability. I guess the one perk to not having many guns is easy decisions :D

Can the wife carry 2 too?

Good question! My answer would be dependent on whether the wife can carry something.

My wife has to carry the baby and she is a handful so.... :D

9mm should be easier to find than any other pistol ammo.

how do you figure? don't most LEOs use 40S&W.. if that is in fact the case.. in a hypothetical complete failure of law and order.. i would think that 40S&W would be EVERYWHERE..

how do you figure? don't most LEOs use 40S&W.. if that is in fact the case.. in a hypothetical complete failure of law and order.. i would think that 40S&W would be EVERYWHERE..

NYPD still uses 9mm as do a host of other PD's. US Armed Forces uses 9mm. 9mm is more common, hands down.

NYPD still uses 9mm as do a host of other PD's. US Armed Forces uses 9mm. 9mm is more common, hands down.

interesting i was totally unaware..

AR and XD. I'm a decent shot with both, and have optimized both systems keeping in mind worst-case scenarios. AR is chambered for 5.56/.223 and the XD is in .40SW. I'd say I have enough ammunition, but who really does? Rather, I have enough ammunition that I would want to carry comfortably, since the scenario you painted calls to bug-out. I could use another magazine or two for my XD, and maybe an extra one or two spares for my AR. I still need to invest in another bolt/BCG for my AR, and maybe a .357SIG barrel for my XD for some extra flexibility.

Also have other resources ready to go, just need to spend the couple minutes grabbing them, and strapping on the beaten boots. Probably take me no more then 5 minutes or so. Now, if I have someone else with me, I'd give them my 870, and make them my water mule.

in this "hypothetical situation" how many of you own spare parts for your firearms? guns DO break.. and not knowing how long things could be "bad" might lead to you having to service your rifle.. not a bad idea to have SMALL replacement parts on hand, and KNOWING what to do with those parts.... knowing how to service your firearms could be CRITICAL if things took a bad turn..

Easy.

Sig 556 (takes ar mags, plenty of 223 avail)

HK p30 9mm (15 round capacity, and plenty of 9mm ammo avail in plenty of varieties, and right now in the process of loading 1 or 2 boxes of 9mm a day.)

If I had a choice of second firearm for another person, Vepr in 223. Have 15 mags for it, and takes a common caliber. Secondary handgun would be XD 45gap, nice package, I have a few mags, and in process of loading ammo.

To arm the family, have plenty of mosin caliber weapons.

For me it would be the Charles Daily tactical shotgun, I have 2 milk crates of ammo for it from birdshot to slugs and everywhere between (the 7 shot stays home). My second gun would be my XD 45 I have over 500 rounds of 45 and 7 mags for the gun. Both are reliable, easy to maintain and ammo is available for both all over the country.

Can the wife carry 2 too?

Good question! My answer would be dependent on whether the wife can carry something.

My wife has to carry the baby and she is a handful so.... :D

Yup, same here.

Okay, I'll go with my Cx4 and Px4 since they're both 9mm and take the same mags. Plus I have about 10 15-round mags so that's a lot of firepower.

My M&P 15-22 and a S&W 686. Simple reason I can carry alot of 22LR and a .357 is great across a wide power spectrum and 38 special will be readily available.

Was waiting for wolfy to mention a non smith wesson gun.

Some great answers here. I would be a little scared that a 22lr MIGHT not be powerful enough for Zombie Warfare. Plus a little worried about the reliability. Don't own a MP 22 so not sure how reliable they are.

Also keep in mind with a complete social break down from a zombie apocalypse you will have people who don't own guns trying to steal them from you. So also think about concealment.