autoxnyc

New P226 X-6 PPC to my Sig family

I picked up my Sig 226 X-6 PPC last week 8-) This is a special gun ordered from Sig's Master Shop in Germany, 6" barrel with PPC sights. Comes with Nill grips, SAO and fully adjustable trigger(weight, reach, overtravel). Can't wait to put some rounds through this to see how it shoots.

Here it is with some of my favorite Sigs

FA-016.jpg

Once nice looking pistol

FA-018.jpg

FA-017.jpg

FA-019.jpg

FA-020.jpg

FA-021.jpg

Thanks guys. Yeah it looks really nice and feels solid in hand.

Nice pick up. How many sigs do you have total?

I have 11 Sigs but I'm looking to get rid of the 2 .40 229s I have. Also have .357 conversion barrels for those.

226 W German 9mm

226 Elite Stainless 9mm(milled slide)

226 X6 PPC 9mm

228 German 9mm

228 W German 9mm

225 German 9mm. This is the last batch they made last year after stopping production for a while. Sig is taking down their assembly line for folded/stamped slide completely.

220 Super Match .45

229 Sport .357 Sig

229 Non Rail .40

229 SCT .40

P210-6 9mm

Sig 210-6 9mm. Probably has the best trigger I have ever felt on a production gun. Very crisp and clean and feels like around 3lbs. Super tight gun. Will bite the web of my hand stock so I added a Nill beaver tail to it. Very accurate and it's made like a swiss watch.

FA-022.jpg

Sig 229 Sport .357 Sig. Limited production 'Sport' edition model and custom made by Sig master shop. Comes with match barrel and compensator. Chambered in .357 Sig. Hogue rubber grips. Extended controls and has a very crisp SA trigger which will rival the SA pull on a SW revolver.

FA-023.jpg

Sig 226 9mm - KC proof stamp meaning it was proofed in 1992. Made in W Germany and has folded/stamped slide which has better balance than the new milled slide guns. These are of very high quality and has all forged tool steel parts vs the MIM stuff they put in Sigs nowadays. Very accurate gun and I did a trigger job on it and breaks at 3.5lbs and with reduced over travel. I also polished the feed ramp and put Hogue aluminum grips on this. I love shooting this thing:

FA-024.jpg

Sig 225 9mm. This is brand new and Sig did a rerun of these last year. They have stopped production of 225 for many years and just made a bunch before they took down the assembly line/machinery for the stamping the slide. They also made some stamped slide 226 and 228 with rails last year. These are all available only in Europe. The single stack grips fits most people's hands better and feels just as good in hand as a HK P30. Kinda like a miniature P220. Unfortunately I do think the small parts are MIM.

FA-025.jpg

Sig 228 9mm. KE proofed so made in West Germany before 94. Compact version of the 226. AKA M11 in the armed forces. Very well balanced gun and points very naturally. Very accurate gun just like many other Sigs. I found this one last year and it's NIB unfired. Made in W Germany so all forged tool steel parts. I also have another 228 that I shoot which is made in Germany, I stoned the sear/hammer/transfer bar and disconnecter on the shooter and it has a buttery smooth DA pull and 3.5lb SA pull with stock main spring.

FA-026.jpg

Sig 220 Super Match .45. 5" SAO version of 220. Very accurate gun from the test target but came with the factory with a 5lb trigger that's not very smooth. I don't understand how they could call that a "Super Match". They're just not made the way they used to be made. Nothing a little trigger job can't fix :D A little stoning of sear and hammer notch and taking some material off the safety lever + 18lb Wolff main spring gave me a crisp 3.5lb pull and super short over travel. The trigger will rival any of my semi custom 1911.

FA-027.jpg

that 210 is a real gem. what did that one cost you if you woudn't mind sharing?

I paid $2100 on GB over a year ago. It was brand new in box and I think I got pretty lucky. They go for a lot higher now.

Mags alone are well over $100 each. I added a Nill beavertail and grip to it.

Sig will release the P210 again this year in Germany. Not sure if Exter will import it but some dealers on Sigforum can import from Germany. It will have the following features/improvements:

heavy frame

beaver tail

american mag release

better sights

firing pin block.

The speculation is the list price will be around $2600 but with Euro weakening it shouldn't be too much over what I paid. The only thing I don't like is the firing pin block, I think it'll mess with the wonderful trigger pull.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010 ... ntroduced/

Thanks guys. Yeah it looks really nice and feels solid in hand.

Nice pick up. How many sigs do you have total?

I have 11 Sigs but I'm looking to get rid of the 2 .40 229s I have. Also have .357 conversion barrels for those.

226 W German 9mm

226 Elite Stainless 9mm(milled slide)

226 X6 PPC 9mm

228 German 9mm

228 W German 9mm

225 German 9mm. This is the last batch they made last year after stopping production for a while. Sig is taking down their assembly line for folded/stamped slide completely.

220 Super Match .45

229 Sport .357 Sig

229 Non Rail .40

229 SCT .40

P210-6 9mm

Nice guns! You lucky SOB ;-)

I would be interested in a .40 or a 9mm, DA/SA, w/ decocker. Preferably in full size or compact w/ rail. What do you have that you want to get rid of? Price? I will be getting my PP's in the next 2 weeks.

Funny you should post this now, autoxnyc, I'm currently deciding between a p226 x-five l1 and a s&w 952. How do you find the trigger on the x-6? Do you happen to know whether x5's are Exeter manufactured, or still German made?

Do you know how to google? :lol:

Funny you should post this now, autoxnyc, I'm currently deciding between a p226 x-five l1 and a s&w 952. How do you find the trigger on the x-6? Do you happen to know whether x5's are Exeter manufactured, or still German made?

Do you know how to google? :lol:

Do you know how to answer questions in a polite and helpful manner?