vozella

AMMO Storage

Over the last few months my ammo supply has been growing. I have been keeping it in the gun safe, but it now needs it's own real estate. I have a nice spot in my garage but wondered if the summer heat and humidity would make a difference. On the other hand, ammo used in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq etc. sure as hell wasn't kept in temp. controlled rooms!

In any case, where are most of you ammo hoarders keeping your supplies?

. On the other hand, ammo used in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq etc. sure as hell wasn't kept in temp. controlled rooms!

No, but they were stored in these: AmmoCan30Cal.jpg

I keep about half my ammo in military cans, the other half in a cool dry place.

. On the other hand, ammo used in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq etc. sure as hell wasn't kept in temp. controlled rooms!

No, but they were stored in these: AmmoCan30Cal.jpg

I keep about half my ammo in military cans, the other half in a cool dry place.

+1

Any recommendations on where to get ammo cans locally(up north)? And whats a good price for them?

I use the mil surplus ammo cans as long as the seal is intact. There is a mil surplus store near me in Hackensack that has tons of them. Also a nice selection of Garand parts if anyone is in need.

Shopping in Target or Home Goods is a good place for the silica gel packets to put in the cans to keep moisture out. They are usually placed in all the drawers and vases and such. I always ask a red shirt if it is okay... ;)

[quote name="Celraysoda"

[There is a mil surplus store near me in Hackensack that has tons of them. Also a nice selection of Garand parts if anyone is in need.

S-4 Military Surplus

Phone: 201-342-3366

Fax: 201-342-7637

Email: [email protected]

Address:

51 Essex St.

Hackensack' date=' NJ 07061

They're a bit stupid and more than a bit rude (this is Jersey, afterall) but the store is packed with goodies.

[quote name="Celraysoda"

[There is a mil surplus store near me in Hackensack that has tons of them. Also a nice selection of Garand parts if anyone is in need.

S-4 Military Surplus

Phone: 201-342-3366

Fax: 201-342-7637

Email: [email protected]

Address:

51 Essex St.

Hackensack' date=' NJ 07061

They're a bit stupid and more than a bit rude (this is Jersey, afterall) but the store is packed with goodies.

True.