jermz1987

New Season of Whale Wars

So the New Season of Whale Wars just started on Animal Planet. Seems they have 2 new ships. One called called the Ady Gail. A fast boat that's apparently bullet proof. The second, a ship made possible by a 5 million dollar donation from Bob Barker. The new ship called the Bob Barker has a reinforced hull made for cutting through Ice. If you have ever seen the show. What do you think of it? How do you guys feel about what there doing? Are they in the right? Are they wrong? What do you think?

I love that show. Wait until you see what happens to that new boat this season. I saw a news article about it a few months ago.

Yea, I heard about it too.

As for those guys, I really don't know what to think. I don't agree on much of any principle of what they do. Though, I feel that a lot of what is done on that show is more for ratings than their beliefs. Otherwise, what separates them from other eco-terrorists? Not much.

They might have a good point.....but they are a**holes! If someone cuts you off when you

are driving....do you ram them with your car? If you want to make a point.... do it

so it dosen't endanger other peoples lives. I guess they are tough guys when the cameras are rolling.

Is it wrong to hope they and they boats they attack sink?

The Japanese are dirtbags. They commercially harvest huge numbers of whales as "research". It's illegal to harvest whales for food, so now it's called research.

The whales however aren't endangered, pressured perhaps, but not in any immediate risk. This makes those Greenpeace tools a bunch of eco terrorists. The Japanese have every right to sink those boats in international waters. The Greenpeace loons are committing piracy.

Greenpeace had noble beginnings. Once they achieved what they were after, they got political. Read what Patrick Moore, co-founder of Green Peace has to say about them today. http://online.wsj.com/public/article_pr ... 33391.html

i don't exactly agree with the methods of the sea shepherd but it pisses me off that the Japanese whaling fleet tries to deceive the whole world that they're killing the whales for research.

btw, does anybody know where i can get the sea shepherd shirt? :D

Is it really reasonable to play captain planet and FORCE another culture to not eat something they want to eat?

I fail to see the difference between them wanting to eat whale and people bitching.. and say one of us wanting to eat bear and some other group getting all bent..

While animals are important and should NOT be hunted to extinction I don't really know that its fair to go ramming boats and shit..

Is it really reasonable to play captain planet and FORCE another culture to not eat something they want to eat?

I fail to see the difference between them wanting to eat whale and people bitching.. and say one of us wanting to eat bear and some other group getting all bent..

While animals are important and should NOT be hunted to extinction I don't really know that its fair to go ramming boats and ****..

This is why I want both of the adversaries in this debacle to lose.

The Japanese agreed to international treaties to ban whaling with the exception of harvesting for research. It seems that on average, they need to kill a few thousand whales during prime season to get some research done. It's BS, everyone knows it.

The other side are a bunch of tools. The answer to this particular problem is international, not throwing urine and stinky cheese on the whalers, all on camera so they can improve the monthly donation take.

While animals are important and should NOT be hunted to extinction I don't really know that its fair to go ramming boats and ****..

This is why I want both of the adversaries in this debacle to lose.

The Japanese agreed to international treaties to ban whaling with the exception of harvesting for research. It seems that on average, they need to kill a few thousand whales during prime season to get some research done. It's BS, everyone knows it.

The other side are a bunch of tools. The answer to this particular problem is international, not throwing urine and stinky cheese on the whalers, all on camera so they can improve the monthly donation take.

the BEST answer would involve them BOTH sinking.. OR maybe they should put them on deadliest warrior.. lol

I watched last nights episode, the japanese vessels seem more agressive this year, they also seem to be much more superior to their counter part. I must say the jap vessels seem to be a very good vessel i am impressed by their ships..

It is definatly a no win for either side..

Agree with the Japanese or not, they ARE operating within the letter of the Law. That said, it makes the Sea Shepherds actions tantamount to Piracy PLUS the SS Morons even FLY The Jolly Roger on their small boats. IMO the JSDF (maritime) would be well within their rights to have a Submarine shadow the Whaling Fleet and oput a fish into the Sea Shepherd's vessels and I wouldnt shed a tear as they went down in a slick of Patchouli oil and unwashed ass. While i dont consider myself a professional seaman, the Sea Shephers idiots have proven themselves to be the most absolutey incompetent group of people to ever crew a vessel larger than a Rowboat since the Minnow. The ONE Crewmwmber thay had that we even close to being competent (Female former Naval Officer) was routinely iognored by the rest of the Morons. Oh, and before I forget, you can whine about the Japanesxe and the whalwes all you want..but the Sea Sh!theads are ALSO the ones who sabotage AMERICAN Fishing Vessels up in the northern waters as well, endangering our fishermen..they just dont show THAT part on Television.

What has always amazed me about the show is that Animal Planet is doing everything they can to make Sea Shepard & it's volunteers look like brave defenders of the whales, but they can't because these people are painfully incompetant. No amount of editing will let AP tell the story they want to tell, because all they have footage of is the crew demonstrationg that they can't accomplish the most basic of tasks without the whole thing getting FUBAR'd and leaving multiple people injured.

prepare for another season of asshattery! :lol::lol::lol:

I like how these guys take a stand for something they believe in, but damn they SUCK at it.

100% AGREE. I give them credit for standing up for what they believe in, but have some dignity while doing it. I saw an episode a while back where they failed to stop one of the ships from killing a whale. Most of the crew proceeded to cry :?

how about this one... they are like 10000 seasons into this show and they STILL, 100% OF THE TIME, WITHOUT QUESTION will lose contact with the inflatable boats when they are sent out. I think that accounts for like 75% of the drama on this show. OMG, THEY INFLATABLE IS OUT OF RADIO COMM, AGAIN! THEY ARE LOST, AGAIN!

It pissed me off that they showed all the clips of the boats crashing, etc etc right at the beginning. What a great way to ruin an entire season!! They even suck AT EDITING!

I want to start a website about how dumb these guys are, all the things they suck at, and how to fix them all. I can probably come up with dozen ways to ensure communication between two boats 5 miles apart on open water.

I still like watching the show because I want to see them succeed, yet every time I know it will end in total failure.

After the first show, here's where we stand.

1. Steve Irwin - actively tracked and screwed with by the fisherman. 100% ineffective.

2. Ady Gil - radar knocked out, returning to port. 100% ineffective.

3. Bob Barker - Engines will not start, stuck in port docked next to a Japanese "research" fishing boat". 100% ineffective.

Meanwhile, why don't they sabotage the parked fishing boat????

What has always amazed me about the show is that Animal Planet is doing everything they can to make Sea Shepard & it's volunteers look like brave defenders of the whales, but they can't because these people are painfully incompetant. No amount of editing will let AP tell the story they want to tell, because all they have footage of is the crew demonstrationg that they can't accomplish the most basic of tasks without the whole thing getting FUBAR'd and leaving multiple people injured.

That's the REALLY fun part about the show.....they are such unmitigated douchenozzles that in the end they hurt their organization more than promote it..it's become almost a joke..people dont watch it to see the "Brave Defenders of the Whales" they WATCH it to see if the morons finally commit collective suicide.

That's the REALLY fun part about the show.....they are such unmitigated douchenozzles that in the end they hurt their organization more than promote it..it's become almost a joke..people dont watch it to see the "Brave Defenders of the Whales" they WATCH it to see if the morons finally commit collective suicide.

+1

how can they possibly fu*k up more?

sink their ship!! HAHAHAH!!

So far they haven't killed anyone...but that day will come soon they way it's going. Best scene i saw was when the Camera guy was down in the Foc'sle with a couple iof the idiots when they wer ein the Ice, and yiou could see the paint cracking and flaking off as the hull plates bowed in..and the Camera guys flat out said.."I didnt sign up for this..propped up the camera and lef the Crewmorons on their own, 20 feet below the waterline watching the hull get dented by ice....they didnt even realize how deep in the Sh*t they were in until the cameraman Got the hell out of there. the really sad part is when they DO kill someone..nobody will be held accountable.

Yeah no kidding. Not like they had anywhere to go if the ship sank. Even if they all bailed with survival suits... you think the Japs are coming into the ice to save them? They would just plain old be screwed at that point. Might as well be on the moon with no O2

Is it wrong for me to cheer for the Japs? Yeah I know what they did in Pearl and I don't agree with them harvesting whales, but these green peace clowns are so dumb they'd F up a wet dream.

I remember living in Seattle, these same guys would go out and break the balls of the local indian tribe that would go out and spear one whale every few years and bring it back to eat. It was part of their heritage and these douch bags would stop at nothing to stop them.

Let's go Japs!

Yeah no kidding. Not like they had anywhere to go if the ship sank. Even if they all bailed with survival suits... you think the Japs are coming into the ice to save them? They would just plain old be screwed at that point. Might as well be on the moon with no O2

Yeah in fact I do...Like what they are doing or not the Japanese are professional Seamen, and they would rescue these jagoffs, if for no other reason then to save themselves the hassle of dealing with the international press for NOT getting them out. As far as the bunny huggers and the like...Simple FACT is they take 1000 Minke whales a year, Minke's are not Endangered, hell they arent even "Threatened", with something on the order of 600,000. People trot out Fin Whales...the Japanese have taken IIRC 14 since 1985.