Matt

Help me narrow down the wishlist (and choose my next)...

(In no particular order)

- Scope / barrel / stock for my stock 10/22

- Remington 700

- 22lr pistol (to get the gf into shooting)

- Some sort of AR

- Remington 870 (or some kind shotgun to get into clays+ home defense)

I would like all of the above but am trying to decide on my next one. I should probably work on my 10/22 before I move up (scope etc.) After that though I would like to get into long range shooting, clays, and would like to get the gf into pistol shooting (my double stack USP .45 full size is too big for her). I would love an AR for the cool / fun factor as well. Help!

Get a shotgun.

You can get a decent Mossberg or Remington for $200-$300 used or on sale and you won't regret it after you shoot this Sunday with us :)

I have to go to a high school graduation party for my girlfriends niece this sunday :oops: ..... trust me, I would rather be shooting!

I have a mossberg 500, 28 in VR with removable mod choke I am going to be selling.

I would suggets getting the 22 for the GF if she is interested in it. Depending on how long you have been together and plan on staying together. It is nice to have a GF or Wife shoot with you. Common interests make for a healthy relationship.

Get a shotgun.

You can get a decent Mossberg or Remington for $200-$300 used or on sale and you won't regret it after you shoot this Sunday with us :)

I have to go to a high school graduation party for my girlfriends niece this sunday :oops: ..... trust me, I would rather be shooting!

There will be more but you'll find that shooting shotguns at reactive targets is fun. Just like plinking at steel targets makes a nice DING!. It's more fun than shooting holes in paper.

I agree with Tim. The .22 for your SO at the top of the list, just so you can share the experience at the range, and so you have another common interest.

Depending on your preferences, you may want to think about 2 shotguns. A dedicated HD gun, with all the bells and whistles, and a separate field gun for clay sports. Not for any snob appeal or anything like that, but you may find that a short barrel HD gun, with lights and/or optics hanging off it won't be an ideal tool for busting clays out around 40 yards away and moving at 40 mph. Fine for banging around at the shotgun range at Cherry Ridge, but probably not great on a regulation clay field.

I agree with Tim. The .22 for your SO at the top of the list, just so you can share the experience at the range, and so you have another common interest.

Depending on your preferences, you may want to think about 2 shotguns. A dedicated HD gun, with all the bells and whistles, and a separate field gun for clay sports. Not for any snob appeal or anything like that, but you may find that a short barrel HD gun, with lights and/or optics hanging off it won't be an ideal tool for busting clays out around 40 yards away and moving at 40 mph. Fine for banging around at the shotgun range at Cherry Ridge, but probably not great on a regulation clay field.

To Ken's point, here is a Mossberg shotgun combo. It comes with a short barrel and pistol grip for the home, and a long barrel for the field. Tough to beat for $300.

There are certainly fancier guns out there, but I don't know if any are more reliable.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/adva ... st%5B0%5D=

1 Fancy AR :twisted:

+1

+2

i only have 2 hands.. so don't really need 10 guns.. lol

+1

+2

i only have 2 hands.. so don't really need 10 guns.. lol

but when the zombies come.....

I'll still hopefully only have 2 arms.. lol ;)

My vote is for the .22 pistol - it'll give you the opportunity to use 3 of the 5 ranges at CR which in my mind equals more varied shooting which will keep you AND the GF interested.

I agree fully, the more variety of shooting types that she can be involved in the better to keep her interest. Shooting holes in paper can start to get boring, and the reactive targets on the silo range are a fun way to change thing up. Go for the .22. You guys will have fun.

Not sure though what the 3rd range at C.R. is that will allow .22 pistol though :think:

idk... if you had 10 rifles lined up on a table, you think you can reload one faster then you can pick each up and chuck it when its spent? I can see like 2-4, but you gotta hold 10 mags! HAH! Not to mention, after running 10 mags through a gun its gonna start gettin hotter than a mofo.

I guess it doesn't matter really... I doubt any of us will ever NEED to unload 10 mags, ever...

(In no particular order)

- Scope / barrel / stock for my stock 10/22

- Remington 700

- 22lr pistol (to get the gf into shooting)

- Some sort of AR

- Remington 870 (or some kind shotgun to get into clays+ home defense)

I would like all of the above but am trying to decide on my next one. I should probably work on my 10/22 before I move up (scope etc.) After that though I would like to get into long range shooting, clays, and would like to get the gf into pistol shooting (my double stack USP .45 full size is too big for her). I would love an AR for the cool / fun factor as well. Help!

I don't know what you have as far as "guns", but if my wife was never introduced to the wonderful world of firearms I would only have one gun....Nuff' said!