Sign in to follow this  
robs609

Hello From Egg Harbor Twp.

Hi,

My name is Rob and I am 21 years old. This past week my girlfriend and I went to a gun range in NC. We were able to rent a few different pistols with only my ID and 12 dollars plus ammo. Prior to this I had never shot a pistol. Now I have the bug. Both me and my girlfriend are going to apply for our permits this week.

We fired the following at the range: glock 19 compact, some other 9mm, a sig 226, a walther p22 , and a sig .45. It was soo much fun.

Right now I am looking into getting the glock 17. I really want the sig 226 but the glock is much cheaper. Anyways I live literally 1 minte from the atlantic county gun training center. I have never been there but will be getting a membership when i get my pistol. My girlfriend wants a pink sig mosqito 22lr pistol . Thanks for reading. Any advice on getting me started is appreciated.

Hi,

My name is Rob and I am 21 years old. This past week my girlfriend and I went to a gun range in NC. We were able to rent a few different pistols with only my ID and 12 dollars plus ammo. Prior to this I had never shot a pistol. Now I have the bug. Both me and my girlfriend are going to apply for our permits this week.

We fired the following at the range: glock 19 compact, some other 9mm, a sig 226, a walther p22 , and a sig .45. It was soo much fun.

Right now I am looking into getting the glock 17. I really want the sig 226 but the glock is much cheaper. Anyways I live literally 1 minte from the atlantic county gun training center. I have never been there but will be getting a membership when i get my pistol. My girlfriend wants a pink sig mosqito 22lr pistol . Thanks for reading. Any advice on getting me started is appreciated.

welcome to the forum. to start the process, go to your local pd, get app for FID & pistol permits, they will tell you what you have to do

Greetings from Cape May Court House. Check out the Atlantic County Range, look over their rules, restrictions and the times civilians are permitted to use the ranges. Before joining check out the civilian friendly ranges in the area - South Jersey Shooting Club ( www.southjerseyshootingclub.com ), Harborsite USANA, Hutton Hill, Dix and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. If your interested in checking out the SJSC I'll be happy to show you around . IMHO it's worth the extra drive. Welcome to the addiction. Buy what you want, if you compromise and get somethig you don't really like, it will cost you more in the long run.

Welcome to the board. You can rent a variety of guns at Shore Shot, Kyle has what's available listed on the forum. You only need your DL, so you can experiment while you are waiting for you FPID's and P2P's. If you really liked the Sig the best, and it is a matter of cost holding you back, consider a CPO Sig - that's Certified Pre-Owned. These are police trade-ins, salesmen's samples, etc, etc. They are thoroughly gone through by the Sig armorers and needed replacements are made. They come with a one year warranty. Both Shore Shot and Brick Armory are Sig direct and Paul or Tony (on the board) may also be able to help you in your quest. Good luck & welcome.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thank you all for the welcomes and advice . I just downloaded and filled out the forms for consent to mental health records and the firearms application. I will be submitting them some time this week. Wish me luck in that it does not take a long time. I will be looking more into the local clubs as soon as I get the permits.

By the way I hope this is ok to do but if any of you ride sportbikes, I have a website sjstreebikes.com you could check out.

Thanks