Ray Ray

9mm or 45ACP?

Apples and oranges. For concealed carry, 9mm wins. More rounds in a smaller package. Capacity is king! As a general question, like if you had 2 guns and the ONLY difference was caliber, .45 all the way!

9mm may expand but .45 doesn't shrink! Penetration against armored targets....well... if your targets are armored I think you need more than a pistol. .45 does well against normal cars as proven by box of truth. So the whole "9mm penetrates more and is better" thing is moot.

can we add 45Gap to this list?

I heard the .45 GAP is in a wax museum in the extinct cartridges section.

45 Gap is a great cartridge, and will be around as long as Glock and various LEO agencies support it.

It really is a terrific round, able to push 230 grain bullets, less recoil/snappy than 45 ACP, and in a smaller size.

Issue is, only 3 companies made firearms chambered in it, and only 1 still does.

glock does the 37/38/39, Springfield did the XD, and Para made the Warhog LDA.

NONE!! I'm just gonna grab Ray Ray by his ankles and swing him around. That string bean has some long as reach, the zombies could never reach me.

String bean?

6'4, 225 lbs is a string bean?

Thanks, but this is coming from the northern squads ammo carrier!

can we add 45Gap to this list?

I heard the .45 GAP is in a wax museum in the extinct cartridges section.

.45 Gap is a great cartridge, and will be around as long as Glock and various LEO agencies support it.

I think it's a great cartridge because it mimics .45ACP ballistics. The "size format" is the selling point but I couldn't for the life of me see the need for it. Guess I'm old-fashioned and think we have enough good cartridges out there aleady. The NYSP seem to think it's a good round though, dropping the G17/9mm back in 2006.

I just don't know a soul who shoots one. Maybe I don't have enough friends?

It was really designed for glocks. you were able to get 45 power in a 9mm handgun package.

It is not an issue with other firearm manufacturers though.

Big issue with it was the lack of a factory 230 grain load, and the highest accepted was 200 gr.

Then.... magically there was a 230 grain JHP load out, but alas I believe a tad too late.

Well.... the answer depends on which state you live in. This state punishes capacity so I prefer a .45. If I lived in a free mans state, I would carry a 9mm. My opinion is handguns are poor stoppers independant of caliber. This was proven out by the studies we did of actual cases on the Ammolab. Of far greater importance is shot placement. We have all seen the guy absorb 13 rounds of 45 and the three people that all died of a single .22. So with the chance of hitting a vital being the real end game, I want the most chances to win.

Well.... the answer depends on which state you live in. This state punishes capacity so I prefer a .45. If I lived in a free mans state, I would carry a 9mm. My opinion is handguns are poor stoppers independant of caliber. This was proven out by the studies we did of actual cases on the Ammolab. Of far greater importance is shot placement. We have all seen the guy absorb 13 rounds of 45 and the three people that all died of a single .22. So with the chance of hitting a vital being the real end game, I want the most chances to win.

+1

this is why Israeli Massad agents carry 22LR handguns on all israeli flights.

My opinion is handguns are poor stoppers independant of caliber.

Lots of people die everyday from handgun rounds, and their usually little bullets! But I agree with everything else you said.