Cemeterys Gun Blob

Gun Buyback in Bergen County Today 1p - 5p

Im sending my girlfriend to drop off assorted firearms (BB gun, pellet pistol, 20g shotgun, and old winny .22) for cash. Should get $300 for the lot since they are all "operational".

I'm tempted to drop of a piece of crap shotgun myself.....

Who knows what kind of valuable antiques will get turned in. I noticed in a few photos of a gun buyback in NJ last year, that there was a S&W Scofield on the table...........*sigh*

:facepalm:

Im sending my girlfriend to drop off assorted firearms (BB gun, pellet pistol, 20g shotgun, and old winny .22) for cash. Should get $300 for the lot since they are all "operational".

Can I go with a valid pistol permit and pick something up if someone turns in a nice handgun?

WTF.. looks like a nice Mosin and a nice Arisaka along with some lever action in the pic.

"Participants received $50 for non-operational weapons, $75 for handguns, rifles and shotguns, and $150 for assault weapons and machine guns. The cash came from funds seized from drug dealers."

not terrible. lol.

WTF.. looks like a nice Mosin and a nice Arisaka along with some lever action in the pic.

"Participants received $50 for non-operational weapons, $75 for handguns, rifles and shotguns, and $150 for assault weapons and machine guns. The cash came from funds seized from drug dealers."

not terrible. lol.

Could I claim an airsoft gun as a non-operational one? LOL.

Okay so on average, they gave out $65 per gun. Thats just fucking weak....it really is. Unless everyone traded in Mosins, they got ripped off. And the woman concerned that the pistol in a lock box in her attic would get stolen????? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

How about marking all my non functional bb guns with an M1 and tell them it's an "assault weapon on the banned list", so I get $150 for each. They won't know the difference. :D

You know, I have wonderedthe same thing lately. According to NJ law airsoft and BB guns are "firearms" and M1 being printed on the gun means it is an "assault weapon". So I am guessing that a realistic replica M1 carbine BB or airsoft gun would be illegal in NJ, right? :lol:

Also, I love how they are having a gun buyback but everyone headed to such buyback is committing a crime. Nothing in NJ transportation exemptions allows you to just take a gun to a buyback :lol:

So...since my girlfriend looked helpless there (and is cute), Sheriff McGuire helped her out handing in the guns. They only took the shottie and the .22; he said they werent taking bb guns or pellet guns. Oh well, $150 wasnt bad for stuff I wasnt using and I couldnt get much more for it if I sold them on the open market.

So...since my girlfriend looked helpless there (and is cute), Sheriff McGuire helped her out handing in the guns. They only took the shottie and the .22; he said they werent taking bb guns or pellet guns. Oh well, $150 wasnt bad for stuff I wasnt using and I couldnt get much more for it if I sold them on the open market.

Did they give you a receipt (with the serials)?

I'm just thinking god forbid they are stolen from the police and used in a crime (Crazier things have happened). What proof do you have they where actually turned in?

hmm... buying guns in front of a police gun buy probably isn't the best idea. I wonder how many were used in crimes? HAHA!

I'd venture to guess, very few of them, if any, were used in crimes or likely to be used in crimes. Every time I see a buyback program it's always showing the old lady worried about her late husband's 50 year old gun in the attic, some guy who bought a handgun in 1974 and it hasn't left the nightstand since, etc. These buybacks are just as stupid as any gun control, all they do is take guns off the streets that were not likely to be used for anything unlawful anyway.

hmm... buying guns in front of a police gun buy probably isn't the best idea. I wonder how many were used in crimes? HAHA!

I'd venture to guess, very few of them, if any, were used in crimes or likely to be used in crimes. Every time I see a buyback program it's always showing the old lady worried about her late husband's 50 year old gun in the attic, some guy who bought a handgun in 1974 and it hasn't left the nightstand since, etc. These buybacks are just as stupid as any gun control, all they do is take guns off the streets that were not likely to be used for anything unlawful anyway.

And waste money

And waste money

+1 I'd like to see the day that the gangbangers go to one of these and sell their Glocks and AKs & Mossbergs for $75 - 150. That'll be the day that the Brady Campaign will be handing out free ammo on the street like candy..... mmmmmmmm candy.

The only thing this accomplishes is getting legal firearms from law abiding citizens. It does nothing for the guns used in crimes so what's the point? Is this even legal? Confiscated money in return for confiscated guns?

I have a better idea. How about the county starts enforcing laws against the bad guys, get the illegals off our streets, and leave the law abiding citizen alone.

well, that's too difficult/dangerous for our "dear leaders" (I like your avatar, btw) Setting up a table with cash that's not theirs to begin with and trading it for guns that no one wants - it looks good on TV and requires no effort. but like with all these threads, we're "preaching to the choir" here. Anyone who is on this forum most likely thinks that way, it's moving that thought process to the brainwashed public that's the problem.

Im not bothered by ones funded by drug money seizure. I AM bothered by ones funded with taxes. Im ok with the act though because anyone turning in this stuff has no clue meaning those weapons probably present a liability anyway. So getting them out of the hands of the clueless is probably better for responsible gun owners in the long run.