Radek

SIGPRO 2022 anyone?

Who here has a SIGPRO in 9mm like this? That's a good price, no? Perfect for NJ w/ 15 round mags! (Wait, did I say perfect for NJ ... reminds me of the slogan "NJ and you, perfect together!" a while ago. :lol: )

But before I plunk down cash and regret, I would love to try it out ...

Who is willing to let me shoot theirs in 9mm?

Good price for it. It is a great shooting gun, much like that Sig 2340 at BA. :facepalm:

Shot one in a 9mm a few days ago, and the best way to describe it... a more accurate, more comfortable glock 17/19.

If you are a fan of Sig's, you may not like this one, as the polymer is a bit more snappy, however a great gun to shoot.

In my book, probably the second most, or third most fun/enjoyable in a plastic 9mm. No where near the Hk for me simply because while the Hk are also polymer, you do not feel like you are shooting a polymer gun. the Sig 2022/2340's, absolutely let you know you are shooting a plastic gun.

I would say it is very similar to a glock 19 4th gen with dimples.....

Decocker for the win. just read up the review on it. they are very accurate to how I feel about this gun.

Would I own it if I had a few more pistol permits.... perhaps... but much like the Sig 2340 that my brother had as a safe queen, for me... this would be too.

So if you prefer polymer guns... this is a great one to have... but for me... wayyy too many great steel guns to enjoy before I would want the Sig... and if you must have a polymer gun, price not being an issue, just get an Hk.

if you just want a great 9mm, I would look into...

Around $500 - CZ75/85, EAA witness/Tang folios, Baby eagle/jericho 941

$500 to $800 - Browning High Powers (ray ray has a great collectible one on the forum listed now), Sig 226, Sig 229's.

$800ish and up... Hk P30 (L, or regular, with or without LEM trigger), and if you really want a nice gun.... find a 1911 chambered in a 9mm. smith makes a great one. =)

I shot one the other night and I liked it. They just changed the grips on them, so there is kinda two styles roaming around but TGS is selling them @ a good price. Also, not that they have contrast combat sights, not night sights. With night sights, they are around 100 more.

While I agree with Maks, that I think the HK is all around a better gun than the 2022, I had no problem using the gun. Since I am a sig whore, I will say that is was like shooting a lighter 226, that is around the size of a 229.

At that price, it's hard to go wrong, but I would see what the guys on the board could do to match or even come close. Remember, that you'll be paying at least another $40 for nics and transfer, so you can probably get a deal almost the same that's close by.

I prefer all metal guns, but this 2022 seems like a good buy at that price. I want one that has night sights, this one doesn't. I have read reviews of the 2022 and they seems to be great shooters. I will post a request for quote to the forum sponsors, but I am open to buying a used one if anyone wants to part with theirs.

G19: I had a G19c but I sold it. G19's are good shooters too but I never liked the grip angle / ergo. Also the constant 5.5# trigger is not to my liking. It could be lightened I know, but given Glock type DA pull and safeties, that might not be such a good idea, but I haven't yet tried a lighter trigger or if it may be unsafe ... However, I do want to get a G22 since that fits my hands better.

HK: I have handled them ... nice, but I don't like the odd mag ejector and don't feel like paying the high price

CZ 75: I have tried lunker's in .40 compact and it was great! A bit hard to rack (need front serrations), but I will eventually get one used in full size (will need mag block to 15).

1911's: Not much of a fan ... I bought a 220 a beauty from axeman_g, but it's not in my possession yet :(

SIG 226 or 229 in 9mm: yes, that would be my first choice in an all metal gun with night sights and rail

Now, where are my PP's (damn Woodbridge PD!)!!??? :twisted:

After shooting that 2022 the other night, it got me thinking of getting one. I have shot an older version and didn't care for it much, but the newer models fit me well.

I will also say that the HK mag release is the easiest for me to operate without changing my grip on the gun.

The 2022 is a very nice gun and that is a nice price. I have now gone through a bunch of SIGS (P6, 220, 228 and a 226) and I just can not get used to the trigger release. It feels too much like a spring under your finger.

Now I used to shoot my friends 2009 (the original 9mm plastic from SIG ) and the 2022 is an updated version. The 2009 had a much different trigger pull then a metal SIG. It was a touch longer, but much smoother with out the springy release of the metal SIGS. Plus they came with more accessories, same sights at half the price. The only issue is if you dont like it, you might end up taking a loss on the resale. But post it here and someone would take it off your hands eventually.

Thanks for spotting that sale .... it might make me move for another 9mm. I like that gun.

The 2022 is a very nice gun and that is a nice price. I have now gone through a bunch of SIGS (P6, 220, 228 and a 226) and I just can not get used to the trigger release. It feels too much like a spring under your finger.

Now I used to shoot my friends 2009 (the original 9mm plastic from SIG ) and the 2022 is an updated version. The 2009 had a much different trigger pull then a metal SIG. It was a touch longer, but much smoother with out the springy release of the metal SIGS. Plus they came with more accessories, same sights at half the price. The only issue is if you dont like it, you might end up taking a loss on the resale. But post it here and someone would take it off your hands eventually.

Thanks for spotting that sale .... it might make me move for another 9mm. I like that gun.

Hey hey, let me know if you want to unload any all metal SIGS! ;)

On the grips issue.... the Sig 2022 comes with two groups, a large and thin one... so that could be it.

The newest 2022's, that were manufactured in the past few months also have an external ejector.

As far as CZ's, the 9mm's can be found with 15 round mags..., MecGar makes them, and if you check on CZ's site, they often put them on clearance.

Tangfolions (EAA Witness) come with 15's if i am not mistaken.

the 2022 is a great gun, but different from any steel gun out there.

The Hk mag release takes exactly a day or two to get used to.

The Hk mag release takes exactly a day or two to get used to.

First pistol was an HK USP compact, and that's the reason I look for ambidextrous/left hand mag releases on all my other pistols, to try and replicate the motion of releasing the HK magazine.

just heard the 2022 is going away. Sig removed it from the site and doesn't think it will be back in the US market. They may be coming out with something new, but I am not a fan of the 250. I've shot it several times and there is nothing I like. The 2022 is a better gun imo.

Get em while you can boys. I might have to get one now also.

Yeah, new 2022's are being discontinued, so not readily available. In any case, I don't mind getting a used one in good condition. FTF would be preferable.

I did get some responses from forum vendors and the lowest quote I got was $500 without night sights! :o Another quoted $615!? :shock: Hmmm.

Lowest going price is $389 without night sights from TGS. Maybe I will wait till SIG comes out with whatever the new model is ... then I can get a used 2022 on the cheap!

Other thing of note....

This does not come with 2 sets of grips... just the small one. I am sure it is a brand new gun, however not in a retail us package.

$407.95 with shipping, throw in $50 for nics/transfer and you are at $460.

Versus $500 or so, and you know it is a new package....

Still, it is a very very good deal.

These sigs retail for close to $650 or so? but hey, you are getting a sig for a price of a glock. :dance:

CZ 75: I have tried lunker's in .40 compact and it was great! A bit hard to rack (need front serrations), but I will eventually get one used in full size (will need mag block to 15).

15 round mags available directly from CZ and like maksim said, they are often on clearence for $24.95 / mag...pretty good deal so no need to get blocked mags.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=11100

btw, how would front serrations on the slide help in racking the slide? Just curious because I just grab the slide from the rear and rack back and don't have any issues. Slide has a bit smaller surface area to grab on to, but still not bad.

15 round mags available directly from CZ and like maksim said, they are often on clearence for $24.95 / mag...pretty good deal so no need to get blocked mags.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=11100

btw, how would front serrations on the slide help in racking the slide? Just curious because I just grab the slide from the rear and rack back and don't have any issues. Slide has a bit smaller surface area to grab on to, but still not bad.

I meant to say when engaging the slide catch (to check/show free chamber) while slide is pulled to rear, I find that front serrations help me. It's just the way I hold the pistols sideways. The small surface area to grab is something peculiar to the CZ.

Won a NIB 2022 on GB. Comes w/ night sights and 2 mags.

$435 shipped to FFL, add to that the FFL xfer fees and NICs ~$45, total $480

I am already up to 8 handguns and none will be in possession for months! Yikes :o

:hope:

I am now set for a 9mm :D