rszmit

Opinion need

Hello everyone hopefully getting my permits soon and was looking at the XD 9MM and also the Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II could anybody provide me with some feedback? I am planning to go rent one before I purchase but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello everyone hopefully getting my permits soon and was looking at the XD 9MM and also the Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II could anybody provide me with some feedback? I am planning to go rent one before I purchase but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome.....

Both are fine choices.....

Shoot before you buy to make sure you like it.

Typically I would say buy used if you can, however not your first handgun, esp if you are new to shooting.

XD's are fine handguns. If you are looking at XD's, also look at CZ's (75), Beretta's (92fs, px4), and Smith Wesson M&P series guns, as well as Glocks. Shoot them before you buy if you can.

A few of the ranges rent, for the more specific ones, come to a meet and you will get a variety of guns to shoot.

If you are ok with spending close to $1k, then you would be foolish not to look at Sig's (p226, 229) and Hk's (P30/L), and Browning High Powers.

I agree with Maksim. It's important to shoot guns that you may purchase. There are many ranges that will rent guns for you to try. The one I like best is Shore Shot. If your looking for a 9mm, you can try 20 guns in the same caliber for one low price. That is an awesome deal.

Also, try to come to some of the meet ups. Many members don't mind letting people shoot their guns. It helps us all try new things and see what we like.

Be careful of the Signess. It is strong and not for the weak hearted. :icon_twisted:

Thanks for the suggestions. When does everyone meet up? It's been awhile since I have shot, so any suggestions would be a great help. I do plan on taking the trip down to Shore Shot once the permits come in to try the different guns, as far as ranges the closest one to me would be The Bullet Hole so I plan on spending allot time there practicing.

rzsmit - come to the bullet hole tomorrow night. We'll be there at around 7PM. I'll have my Beretta PX4 Storm and Ruger 10/22. Ray Ray should have his assortment of pistols (G19, Ruger SR9, etc.), ChrisJM981 should have his .22LR Pistols as well as his Glock and XD9 Subcompact. Not sure who else is coming but we'll see :)

as far as ranges the closest one to me would be The Bullet Hole so I plan on spending allot time there practicing.

Bullet Hole meetup is every other Tuesday. Next one is tomorrow. See this thread:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13251-bi-weekly-meetup-at-bullet-hole/

(you may want to skip to the last couple pages)

Thanks for the suggestions. When does everyone meet up? It's been awhile since I have shot, so any suggestions would be a great help. I do plan on taking the trip down to Shore Shot once the permits come in to try the different guns, as far as ranges the closest one to me would be The Bullet Hole so I plan on spending allot time there practicing.

A few of us are hitting the BH tomorrow night...... come on down

More then welcome to try my M&P

I will definitely try to get there. Thanks for the suggestions and thank you for inviting me to meet up with you.

You'll find that as you attend the casual meetups, there are going to be guys who grab you by the shoulders and shove you into their ports so you can try out their guns. We're generally a very friendly and sharing group, and any new member of the community gets treated to all the rest of us have to offer.

Take notes. You're gonna get confused at the variety of firearms you'll be encouraged to try.

BTW, the XD is a nice gun. I have one in subcompact, and it's soft to shoot and unerringly accurate. The mags are a pain to load, though. They're sprung very tightly, and difficult to fill to capacity without some sort of mechanical aid. A mag loader helps a lot.

Welcome to the group. Try the pie.

• Like 1

The M&P 9MM is an excellent choice.

Leave it to you to mention the S&W.... :lol: great gun, just breaking chops

I know the northern crew has a regular meet at BH. You can ask those guys what they have for you to try. If you make it down south I can meet you at SS they are more friendly than BA.

Funny as hell. Stick to your guns bro. You joined SS?

You made me spill my snapple.

Laughed when I saw it also.

I agree with Maksim. It's important to shoot guns that you may purchase. There are many ranges that will rent guns for you to try. The one I like best is Shore Shot. If your looking for a 9mm, you can try 20 guns in the same caliber for one low price. That is an awesome deal.

Also, try to come to some of the meet ups. Many members don't mind letting people shoot their guns. It helps us all try new things and see what we like.

Be careful of the Signess. It is strong and not for the weak hearted. :icon_twisted:

Wait, what? Where are there many ranges that rent? The only I know of are SS and BA, and they are both in the same area.

Wolfy,

Crackaloon (greg), regulator72(don), shadow821(tony) and I are all members of SS. I still have some guest passes if you want to shoot there. There is a members only shoot 8-10am Saturday and we are starting to back to that schedule. I'll text you.

Nice to meet you tonight brother. If you stayed a little longer you could've shot my SR9, which is made by Ruger. If you can get past the gritty trigger, it might tickle your pickle.

But most likely not.... lol

You know Nick, I don't know if it needed a few hundred rounds of 9mm or something but the trigger felt alot better last night. I know TacticalRyan wasn't pleased with the trigger, but he liked the feel.