Frank Jack Fiamingo

*** POLL - would you attend a meeting with Michael Patrick Carroll?

Michael Patrick Carroll to speak to NJ2AS  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend an 11/17 meeting with Assemblyman Michael Patrick Carroll?

• I would like to attend
    • I would not be interested

I am trying to determine how many people here would plan to attend a meeting with Assemblyman Michael Patrick Carroll on Wednesday, November 17th at the American Legion Post 129 in Toms River. Please indicate your interest by voting. We would like to have presenters of interest to you. For those who are unfamiliar with Assemblyman Carroll, he is the man who sponsored Assembly Bill A-1384 which would effectively change NJ into a "SHALL ISSUE" state, thereby granting the right to carry to all interested, law-abiding citizens.

My choice isnt there....

Would like to attend, but too far on a weekday evening.

I understand guys, but there is no ONE place in New Jersey that will please everyone. Toms River is a pretty decent compromise. I will look into co-sponsoring an event with a North Jersey club soon, but keep in mind, most statewide organizations do have ONE location for all their meetings. I come up to Toms River and Marlboro from Manahawkin, for meetings several times a month, and we have people travelling up from as far away as Vineland. As much as we would like to accommodate everyone, there is just no reasonable way to do it.

We are still a young organization. Hopefully, at some point, we will grow large enough to sponsor chapters throughout New Jersey. In the meantime, we will continue to bring you the best people, on the forefront of the fight for our 2A rights.

Your choice not there. You have to be kidding. This guy probably stands up more for gunowners in this state than everyone else combined!

I understand your zeal Sig, and personally I think a chance to meet with MPC is worth the effort, but I think we should respect the fact that people are reacting more to the time and distance to our meetings, and not the value of the presenters. Besides, I would much rather keep this thread as positive as possible. I really DO need to get a pulse as to how many people think it is worth the trip. Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

Just wondering but are all of the future NJ2AS meetings going to be on a Wednesday night from now on? If so I am probably never going to be able to attend any of them (400 mile round trip in the middle of the week is a No-Go for me).

Just wondering but are all of the future NJ2AS meetings going to be on a Wednesday night from now on? If so I am probably never going to be able to attend any of them (400 mile round trip in the middle of the week is a No-Go for me).

Again, I do understand the problem. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people will not show up if it is on the weekend, and others who feel that Mondays and Fridays won't work. Very early on, I ran a poll among the interested people, and that is how we came up with the preference for middle of the week. We can't have it any earlier in the day, because people work. Another issue is having a hall to meet in. At most places, the weekends are booked with weddings and parties. II can discuss the possibility of trying a few weekend meetings with the board. Maybe we can alternate. I *WOULD like everyone who is interested to have an opportunity to participate. Thanks for your input.

I would like to attend, is there any chance that there would be video or something similar for those of us to see after the fact if we cannot make the drive?

Yes, this would be nice. I will be away on business so I can't attend otherwise I def would have.

I drive 170 miles a day round trip to/from work EVERY DAMNED DAY! Am I nuts, you bet-cha but none of you pissy pants whiners are going to get sympathy from me about having to make a 200 mile trek to a one time event. If you can't put 150-200 enthusiastic gun owners in front of this guy then don't bother, we will look weak and make him wonder why he is sticking his political neck out there for a hand full of indifferent people. Pluck your panties out of your crack and do it right or go home and quit your bitchin'... Sorry, needed to be said. Name the date and time, I'll be there.

I drive 170 miles a day round trip to/from work EVERY DAMNED DAY! Am I nuts, you bet-cha but none of you pissy pants whiners are going to get sympathy from me about having to make a 200 mile trek to a one time event. If you can't put 150-200 enthusiastic gun owners in front of this guy then don't bother, we will look weak and make him wonder why he is sticking his political neck out there for a hand full of indifferent people. Pluck your panties out of your crack and do it right or go home and quit your bitchin'... Sorry, needed to be said. Name the date and time, I'll be there.

OK, Brian... I do appreciate your passion about this, and while I am surprised that people would be unwilling to make a sacrifice to attend a one-time meeting with such an important defender of 2A rights, I really prefer to keep things positive. I have met face to face with MPC. He is a long time, proponent of our cause, but he is also realistic. He will be happy to speak to those who are truly invested enough in this fight to show up, even if it is only 20 people. He knows that those who show up are the people he wants to talk to. What I can tell you from meeting him is, he DEFINITELY has a handle on how things work in Trenton. He is honest and straightforward. He is also clever and engaging. Those who don't or can't make it, will be missing a wonderful opportunity. He is open and willing to handle an extensive Q&A session, after a brief presentation. I am not sure how often a man in his position would be willing to do so.

In any event, the official position of the NJ2As is, we will continue to bring these important informative presentations to you, for as long as you show an interest. We encourage everyone who can, to attend this event and show your support to one of the few people in Trenton we can always count on. If lack of attendance becomes an issue, we will simply run "dues paying members only" meetings.

The date and time of Michael Patrick Carroll's presentation is Wednesday, November 17th a7 8:00pm. I recommend that you arrive around 7:30pm, as we *DO* expect a large showing. At this point, the meeting will be held at the American Legion Post 129, 2025 Church Road in Toms River. If that should change, I will make an announcement to that effect.

• Like 1

OK, Brian... I do appreciate your passion about this, and while I am surprised that people would be unwilling to make a sacrifice to attend a one-time meeting with such an important defender of 2A rights, I really prefer to keep things positive. I have met face to face with MPC. He is a long time, proponent of our cause, but he is also realistic. He will be happy to speak to those who are truly invested enough in this fight to show up, even if it is only 20 people. He knows that those who show up are the people he wants to talk to. What I can tell you from meeting him is, he DEFINITELY has a handle on how things work in Trenton. He is honest and straightforward. He is also clever and engaging. Those who don't or can't make it, will be missing a wonderful opportunity. He is open and willing to handle an extensive Q&A session, after a brief presentation. I am not sure how often a man in his position would be willing to do so.

In any event, the official position of the NJ2As is, we will continue to bring these important informative presentations to you, for as long as you show an interest. We encourage everyone who can, to attend this event and show your support to one of the few people in Trenton we can always count on. If lack of attendance becomes an issue, we will simply run "dues paying members only" meetings.

The date and time of Michael Patrick Carroll's presentation is Wednesday, November 17th a7 8:00pm. I recommend that you arrive around 7:30pm, as we *DO* expect a large showing. At this point, the meeting will be held at the American Legion Post 129, 2025 Church Road in Toms River. If that should change, I will make an announcement to that effect.

Sorry but I was being positive, do not have any expectation for me to sugarcoat things... Basically we have enough apathetic crybabies in this state. If you read and in any way find yourself offended by that then you are part of the problem...

Sorry but I was being positive, do not have any expectation for me to sugarcoat things... Basically we have enough apathetic crybabies in this state. If you read and in any way find yourself offended by that then you are part of the problem...

Again Brian, I an not offended by your post. I have no argument with you or your post other than I feel that it does no good to try to bully or degrade people into attending. First of all, it doesn't work, and second that approach is not consistent with NJ2AS policies. You are entitled to call people whatever you wish. It simply doesn't express the sentiment of the NJ2AS, and I want to make it clear that you do not speak for the organization.

As far as me being the problem, it is just a difference in approach. I try to do things that work. Your post will only further irritate people who otherwise might be convinced to attend a future meeting. I am not sure how that helps to promotes 2A rights. Yes, you get something off your chest, but I can't see how that advances the cause. Do you honestly think the people you called names are MORE likely to attend now?

I will continue to concentrate on those things that do work. You might want to disagree with my approach, but the NJ2AS *IS* doing something positive, and after a very short period of time. Attendance and membership will increase as we continue to follow our mission. I am sorry if you disagree.

Now, I happen to know that you *ARE* the kind of person who *IS* making a contribution to the fight. I respect that, and I respect YOU. I am just asking you to respect the fact that the NJ2AS would prefer to maintain a consistently positive approach toward building interest in our activities. In the long run, that is the approach that will succeed.

• Like 1

BRN169, something you and I need to remember, we are the minority and thankfully we have people around like Frank to be the voice of reason and bridge those gaps. My dollar bet is that you are like me, not interested in feelings, ego's, or sensitivity, we just want results. We run in a pack of alpha males that are like minded. Well guess what, we look like knuckle draggers to most everyone else. And although our methods may make us successfull or able to withstand the invirnments we work in, Frank has a legitimate point when it comes to addressing the public.

Shane

He who feels the respect which is due to others cannot fail to inspire in them regard for himself, while he who feels, and hence manifests, disrespect toward others... cannot fail to inspire hatred against himself.

Major General John M. Schofield

Address to the Corps of Cadets

August 11, 1879

West Point, NY

When we, at NJ2AS, have done what is required to earn the respect and appreciation of those that have doubts, then they will attend and participate on their own initiative and we, in turn will appreciate anything that they can do to help, even if it is just showing up. So far, I have not met a single person who is apathetic to our cause. There are those that are frustrated and not convinced that this effort is worth their time away from family and loved ones. That is a valid concern. It is our job to prove ourselves. In my humble opinion, it is the only way to legitimately earn support.

• Like 3

BRN169, something you and I need to remember, we are the minority and thankfully we have people around like Frank to be the voice of reason and bridge those gaps. My dollar bet is that you are like me, not interested in feelings, ego's, or sensitivity, we just want results. We run in a pack of alpha males that are like minded. Well guess what, we look like knuckle draggers to most everyone else. And although our methods may make us successfull or able to withstand the invirnments we work in, Frank has a legitimate point when it comes to addressing the public.

Shane

And as Shane knows, *I* personally do *NOT* consider those who are passionate about the cause, and who have a different approach than I have, as "knuckle draggers". I completely understand the frustration. There is so much work left to do. Some people think the battle is hopeless, others think the battle has already been won with the Heller and McDonald decisions - *BOTH* are wrong. We have made progress, we *ARE* making progress. Is it fast enough for me? *HELL NO!!!* These are BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. Those who have interfered with them are no less than CRIMINAL in my opinion. They prefer to leave us vulnerable and exposed, instead of accepting that we are COMPETENT, RESPONSIBLE individuals capable of making our OWN rational decisions about gun ownership. *BUT* those are not the people we are addressing here. The majority of the participants in this forum are on our side. I just would like to KEEP it that way. I hope you guys understand that.

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

It's actually 91.38 miles from home to Toms River and I only smoke cigars, but I think you get the point. Guess I'm getting a reprimand about attendance at work. :facepalm:

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

It's actually 91.38 miles from home to Toms River and I only smoke cigars, but I think you get the point. Guess I'm getting a reprimand about attendance at work. :facepalm:

Nah, it is just a shame you won't be able to attend. Perhaps we can do a redux with one one the groups you belong to up north, next year. I am sure Both Scott and MPC would be willing to return.