usnmars

New to me Japanese type 99

I just got this today on a whim. I can honestly say that I know absolutely jack squat about Japanese rifles. I stole it for $150, and think I did really good. I think this is one of the nicer Japanese rifles I have seen, but like I don't even really know what I am looking at. The Mum is intact, it has anti-aircraft sights, dust cover, and monopod which makes me think it is an early one. Well here are some pics of the newest addition to the collection.

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

• Like 1

I thought the plan was to get rid off few rifles not add a new one.

For $150, you stole it!!!!Its been a while since i saw one with all the accessories intact!!!

If you dont mind, could you pm me the names of few of your store of preference? I try to find new PA stores and visit them every 6 months

I went by a friends house today, and I must say the guy is not a gun guy. He asked me if I bought any new rifles lately and I told him that I got a Jap yesterday. He says give me a minute I will be right back. He brought out a really nice Type 99 that his uncle brought back from Okinowa. He also had a photo album, bayonet and ammo. The photo album was from his uncle and showed all through the Pacific Campaign. He ended up giving me the "new" rifle and bayonet because he said he wants it to go to somebody that will appreciate it. Soo, it ends up that in the last 2 days I get 2 awesome new rifles. Pics coming up later tonight.

I went by a friends house today, and I must say the guy is not a gun guy. He asked me if I bought any new rifles lately and I told him that I got a Jap yesterday. He says give me a minute I will be right back. He brought out a really nice Type 99 that his uncle brought back from Okinowa. He also had a photo album, bayonet and ammo. The photo album was from his uncle and showed all through the Pacific Campaign. He ended up giving me the "new" rifle and bayonet because he said he wants it to go to somebody that will appreciate it. Soo, it ends up that in the last 2 days I get 2 awesome new rifles. Pics coming up later tonight.

Jebus leave some for the rest of us!