Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Expired pistol permit

Call the police station first thing tomorrow and tell them that you want an extension. Well, that's if you do want an extension. It takes a minutes for them to sign off for another 3 months. My local PD gives us 1 week after expiration to extend our permits. May be different for you. Good luck.

I dropped my permits off at the station this week to get an extension, i mean i went through all the hassle to get them, might as well hang onto them for as long as possible. They need the Chief to initial the extension date, so make sure he's there when you go in, or else you have to wait, like i am.

I dropped my permits off at the station this week to get an extension, i mean i went through all the hassle to get them, might as well hang onto them for as long as possible. They need the Chief to initial the extension date, so make sure he's there when you go in, or else you have to wait, like i am.

Or in my township they tell you to drop them off and can't get them back to you for over a week. :icon_rolleyes:

Depends on your municipality - in my the officers who handles the firearms paperwork, who is not the officer who signs the the permits and FID, just initialed my last renewal and I was on my way.