ronhonda

SIG 556 coming out in 7.62X39

The whole 7.62x39 rush was when ammo prices were high. Keep in mind, when rifles are put into production cycle, they are put out for production a few years ahead.

I highly doubt any of the manufacturers of the 7.62x39 and 545 rifles being released now, realized a few years ago that the ammo rush would be over.

It says AK-47 bolt but what do they really mean? AKM bolt, AK-100 bolt, or what?

Seems like a cool rifle. I guess with all the drooling over 6.x Norse Mythological Characters people are finally coming around realizing "why not just get a 7.62x39?" :icon_lol:

lets hope so.. it might just finally put to bed my fear of the round vanishing.. I know I know.. there are tons of old odd rounds that you can still get.. but I am big on having common domestically available calibers.. so a big push for 7.62x39 rifles would make me plenty happy..

lets hope so.. it might just finally put to bed my fear of the round vanishing.. I know I know.. there are tons of old odd rounds that you can still get.. but I am big on having common domestically available calibers.. so a big push for 7.62x39 rifles would make me plenty happy..

It won't vanish, and it's not rare. You have hundreds of thousands of 7.62x39 chambered firearms in the US. The only reason you don't see PMC/etc. making cheapo x39 is because the Russians already have the market. If they stopped importing for whatever reason, someone would pick up the market. I think it's highly unlikely any company would be stupid enough to pass up such a huge market if the chance arose.

IMO 7.62x39 being "rare" is just a bad internet rumor perpetuated by paranoid SKS-wielding Bubbas and AR fanboys.

It won't vanish, and it's not rare. You have hundreds of thousands of 7.62x39 chambered firearms in the US. The only reason you don't see PMC/etc. making cheapo x39 is because the Russians already have the market. If they stopped importing for whatever reason, someone would pick up the market. I think it's highly unlikely any company would be stupid enough to pass up such a huge market if the chance arose.

fair enough.. I always tell myself the opposite but your post (and point) is VERY logical..

• Like 1

Was quoting the guesstimate in the write-up. $1150-$1250 still hundreds more than a real nice cadillac of a VEPR with beutiful wood front & back. JMHO.

As a proud vepr owner... I would probably get the sig. lol

The vepr is a great gun, but right now, they are back to the $900 dollar range. By the time you had a rail etc, you are in that neighborhood. Most importantly...

you buy a vepr, you are SOL on support. You buy a Sig... you have a warranty.

Maks, feel free to enlighten me on the (lack of) Vepr warrentay. Actually made several inquirys earlier this week but as of yet no replys. All that black walnut, chrome and robust platform and reliabilty was at the top of my list.Form AND function all in one.

If I had the money I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

7.62x39 goodness in a Swiss engineered (and backed) platform = win.

I do have to say the short length of the mag release tab relative to the distance to the mag catch (farther than most AK setups) makes me think that you really have to bear down on that thing to get the mag to release cleanly...but that's just conjecture on my part.

Maks, feel free to enlighten me on the (lack of) Vepr warrentay. Actually made several inquirys earlier this week but as of yet no replys. All that black walnut, chrome and robust platform and reliabilty was at the top of my list.Form AND function all in one.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct967.aspx

They dont offer a warranty(they are the reseller) but they have great return policy, if you have a problem