Sign in to follow this  
brizbane

I Want a Beretta 92SF

For the last several years I have been trying to simplify my life somewhat (I'm getting old) and I have been gettin rid of stuff.

As part of this plan and as far as my handguns go, I have been consolidating to a single caliber, .45, hence the selling most of my handguns (no one to leave 'em to). Well, just when I was almost getting a handle on all this, my ingenious plan comes to a sudden halt as I happened to take notice of a real nice gun in 9mm.

A while ago, I had the chance to shoot a friends Beretta 92SF and I been thinking about it ever since. Man, that is one sexy gun, and I loves stainless steel. Oh yea, and it did shoot very well.

My plan is to maybe purchase the handgun from Gallery of Guns (I really like how the Gun Genie works and they have a lifetime repair/replace warranty) and have it shipped to Jim Flynns Truck Repair. I haven't had any dealings with Mr. Flynn but have heard a lot of good things about him.

Anyways, I ain't that familiar with the Beretta and any and all feedback from you all would be much appreciated.

For the last several years I have been trying to simplify my life somewhat (I'm getting old) and I have been gettin rid of stuff.

As part of this plan and as far as my handguns go, I have been consolidating to a single caliber, .45, hence the selling most of my handguns (no one to leave 'em to). Well, just when I was almost getting a handle on all this, my ingenious plan comes to a sudden halt as I happened to take notice of a real nice gun in 9mm.

A while ago, I had the chance to shoot a friends Beretta 92SF and I been thinking about it ever since. Man, that is one sexy gun, and I loves stainless steel. Oh yea, and it did shoot very well.

My plan is to maybe purchase the handgun from Gallery of Guns (I really like how the Gun Genie works and they have a lifetime repair/replace warranty) and have it shipped to Jim Flynns Truck Repair. I haven't had any dealings with Mr. Flynn but have heard a lot of good things about him.

Anyways, I ain't that familiar with the Beretta and any and all feedback from you all would be much appreciated.

I have an Inox version. It shoots real nice and feels good in my hands.

As to a plan on getting one, do a price request through the forum vendors. Thats how I got mine. By the time you add in the shipping and transfer fee, you will probably wind up paying more, getting it from an internet vendor.

Hey, thanks for the replies and glad to see the positive ratings.

One of the main things that draws me to the Beretta is that it is all metal. I do not think I have ever shot a plastic handgun so I guess that I am old fashion.

How would you guys compare it to other 9mm handguns.

I was torn between the Beretta and the CZ 75. Both are really nice guns, with the edge in fit and finish going to the 92. When I shot them, the CZ stood out for me. It fits my hand and points better for me than the Beretta does.

I went with the 75, but I will eventually get the Beretta.

Of course, YMMV.

My favorite gun in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! I picked up a 92fs M9A1, but i can and will say an 92fs INOX is in my near future the stainless steel looks soo sexy, and you can accessorize a nice set of grips on there to make it look even better.

If your looking for stainless steel, check out the INOX version, its on avg 100 bucks more, but damn worth it.

And your right, the design is what some many consider to be a relic, but hey why change a good thing? The overall design may be the same, but they have been updated over the years.

The 92fs is the gun I learned to shoot with. Very accurate, reliable and sexy.

Only recently I have shot it again, and while I did enjoy it, I found the grip quite fat. I would meet up with someone and try the Cz 75, or the Browning high powers. As good if not better quality of gun, with what seems to me much better ergonomics. Both steel guns.

Maksim,

I did check out the CZ75 and me like. GalleryofGuns has one in stainless that is a beauty, so this may be on my list. Now to check out the Brownings.

So far from all the replies, the 92 had a lot of fans. And that stainless Inox is tempting me.

I hope that the money is there when my permits arrive, as I just had an unexpected expense. I just sent in the paperwork to purchase a CMP Garrand and 3 cans of ammo which came to almost a grand, so the gun allotment is running a little low.

I am having fun shopping around though.

After owning Beretta 92FS i could say for sure Sig P226 hands down better than a Beretta ..... i should have gotten P226 instead way better weapon, quality and reliability

jut my 2 cents

I would have to 100% disagree with this statement, while one may be preferred over the other, quality and reliability is of no significant difference.

• Like 1

The permits are still somewhere in the system, which is not a bad thing as it gives me time to accumulate some funds and sell a coupla handguns. Right now I am undecided; bouncing back and forth between the 92, the CZ75 and the Hj Power. All beautiful guns.

The permits are still somewhere in the system, which is not a bad thing as it gives me time to accumulate some funds and sell a coupla handguns. Right now I am undecided; bouncing back and forth between the 92, the CZ75 and the Hj Power. All beautiful guns.

I'm in the same predicament right now too... I'm bouncing back and forth between the Beretta 92fs, Beretta 92A1, Beretta M9A1, Sig P226-E2, CZ 75B and the CZ 75 SP-01. Hoping to have my permits within the next few weeks... but in the meanwhile I'm driving myself nuts trying to decide which of those pistols to go with.