CageFighter

Looking for 3rd handgun.

I already have a Glock 19 Gen4 & picking up my new Sig P229 Dark Elite .40 next week. Since I have 1 more PP to burn, Im looking for some ideas on what to buy next. Considering a .45 (1911 style or polymer??), a smaller carry gun than my G19, or even a revolver. Let me hear ur comments.

LCR .357??

Only if you are a masochist. I am not recoil averse (10mm is my favorite round), but the lightweight 357 snubbies are the most wrist snapping pistols I have ever fired. And those were metal. The LCR is plastic. Ouch.

although i know wat Krdshrk is saying i think you will just end up selling that kind of pistol in the future with a loss. since you are not gonna really use it a lot. the carry pistol is a good idea, but cmon we are in NJ, me personally dont think its practical. unless of course you spent more than 70% of your time outside of NJ and in the states where you have CCW. my next buy (well besides all the historical C&R that im getting) will b def a .45 1911. im actually hoping to get a WW2 1911 Army or something like that. anyways sorry for blabbering >>> my vote is for .45 1911

although i know wat Krdshrk is saying i think you will just end up selling that kind of pistol in the future with a loss. since you are not gonna really use it a lot. the carry pistol is a good idea, but cmon we are in NJ, me personally dont think its practical. unless of course you spent more than 70% of your time outside of NJ and in the states where you have CCW. my next buy (well besides all the historical C&R that im getting) will b def a .45 1911. im actually hoping to get a WW2 1911 Army or something like that. anyways sorry for blabbering >>> my vote is for .45 1911

Sometimes the weird and different gun becomes your favorite though. There are fans of the 41magnum, 17HM2, 10mm, another stepchild calibers that shoot the hell out of their guns. You better be a reloader for most of these calibers though. Their uncommonness translates to pricier ammo.

I you guys screaming 1911, but from which MANUFACTURER?? Kimber, Colt, Springfield, WIlson, Para, S&W, etc...

A lot depends on your budget. Wilson is really nice, but > $2000.

Traditionalists like the Colts. They are classic looking and nice and are under $1000 unless you get something custom or really fancy.

You can get a nice S&W 1911 for under $1000. It has some newer features that make it more functional, but slightly less classic looking.

I don't care for Para or Kimber, but those are just my personal preferences. Do Google searches and see what people have to say about them.

The < $2000 brands I read the most positives about (here and elsewhere) are Springfield, S&W, Dan Wesson and STI.

Frankly, I don't know that much about the Wilson Combats, Ed Browns, Les Baer's etc. It doesn't bother me much because i doubt I'll ever own one.

Sometimes the weird and different gun becomes your favorite though. There are fans of the 41magnum, 17HM2, 10mm, another stepchild calibers that shoot the hell out of their guns. You better be a reloader for most of these calibers though. Their uncommonness translates to pricier ammo.

True. 5.7x28 is kinda hard to reload though, I think. It's a bottlenecked cartridge.

True. 5.7x28 is kinda hard to reload though, I think. It's a bottlenecked cartridge.

Yup. It 5.7x28, 357Sig, and Tokarev are like reloading rifle cartridges. If nothing else, it is slower than reloading straight-walled pistol cartridges.

S&W 1911 Pro is the best value to feature gun. You can choose either 9MM or 45. There are a few on this board who own them. You won't find a bad word said about them.

Bah Humbug!

External extractors on a 1911 don't look right.

It doesn't matter that they work better than internal extractors. :)