Destinydog

SCFGPA

I am a member, so is PX4 storm

It is ~$45 if you do at least 1 workday (easy!) or ~$95 if you do not

There is a one time initiation fee, but I forget what it is.

Full time student rate is ~$10/year

No additional range fees, just walk in and shoot.

initiation fee is $125 and you gotta attend the goat-sacrificing ceremony with the black robes and the pentagrams and the rhythmic chanting..... just kidding :icon_e_biggrin:

PM me if you want, I'll copy/paste the answers I've given a couple of dudes already...

I wrote my letter about 3 months ago, I also forgot to include in the original letter that I had my FID, and had completed some form of training. After hearing that I should have included that info in my first letter, I emailed the membership committee about a month ago to let them know. I'm scheduled to attend the membership meeting on the 30th. Oh boy!

Yeah, to parrot the others here, its a nice small, member run range. Cheap yearly membership and a really great set of members there. There's a 10 port 25yd indoor pistol range thats somewhat limited (restrictions on what you can shoot, fixed range targets) but if you stay with any of the standard rimfire or centerfire rounds, its not a big deal. There's also 2 underground 100yd tunnels for rifle shooting. The club also added a nice outdoor archery range last year so that's another activity to do there.

I joined because its close for me and the hours are really convenient!

Anyone having a meetup so we can check it out?

Highly unlikely to get a large scale meetup at SCFGPA since it is a members-only range and they are pretty strict on their guest policy (only 1 guest per shooter and you can't shoot while your guest is).

If you wanted to check it out, shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to bring you as a guest.

Hey Guys. I live in Hillsborough but belong to the range in Easton, PA. Which I like in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.

I want to check this place out.

My only issue is have I not completed any formal firearm safety classes. Although I have completed a course at Sunset Hill to become a member there.

Do they offer these classes there?

Do they open the range to the public to visit?

Thanks,

BoscoB

Hey Guys. I live in Hillsborough but belong to the range in Easton, PA. Which I like in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.

I want to check this place out.

My only issue is have I not completed any formal firearm safety classes. Although I have completed a course at Sunset Hill to become a member there.

Do they offer these classes there?

Do they open the range to the public to visit?

Thanks,

BoscoB

I'm in the beginning part of the process of becoming a member at SCFGPA, at the moment. I'm not sure that they offer the NRA basic safety course there, but you do need to have it before you can become a member. I am taking it in a couple of weeks, so I can fulfill the requirement. If you're a military veteran with an honorable discharge, you can show your discharge papers in lieu of the saftey course. Also, if you've completed the NJ Hunters Education course after 2003, then that would also qualify in lieu of the NRA course certification.

I am former military (Navy) but believe it or not I cannot find my discharge paperwork anywhere (it's been like 20 yrs!)... so I decided to take the NRA course anyway, as I'm sure it's informative and a good idea to take. A buddy of mine is an NRA instructor so he's going to do the course for me.

I was able to visit SCFGPA on a couple of occassions, as a guest of a current member. I think the place is pretty cool and it's only about 10-15 minutes from where I live... so that's why I decided to join. I'm probably going to join the Easton range as well. I have heard great things about it.

It is a convenient place to shoot, but...

Some of the rules seem rediculous to me. For example, you can't shoot at silhouettes/human-like targets unless you are at an official IDPA-sponsored event. Also, each member can only have one firearm out of it's case at a time. I'm all for staying safe while at the range, but I just don't understand those rules.

Changing those rules and installing target retrieval systems would make the place one of the state's finest ranges though.

I'd rather be able to concentrate my shooting on a smaller area than a silhouette. Also, when was the last time you shot two guns at the same time? I don't know why those are deal breakers for you?

I will agree on the target retrieval system. That I would love to see.

For every gimme theres a gotchia.

Gimme:

$45 a year, unlimited range access 365 days a year 8am-11pm with no crowds, no range officers, no extra fees/hassles, local

Gotchia:

Cant use 2 guns at once

Have to walk to your target

Gimmes far outweigh the gotchias.

Just stuff your pistol in a bag or throw something over it, counts as not being out then. I have a hinged case I have on the table and just throw the not being used gun in there.

you can't shoot at silhouettes/human-like targets unless you are at an official IDPA-sponsored event.

I've been scolded by a RO at Cherry Ridge not to shoot at human-shaped silhouettes, so it's not limited to SCFGPA. Had to tear the "heads" off my FBI bowling pins.

And CageFighter, you don't need a sponsor. Just 2 recommendations from associates. A sponsor won't speed anything up either...however if you want to meet there some time we could probably work something out.

You can shoot human silhouettes, you cannot shoot human PICTURES. FBI Q targets and such are permited at all times. This is of course assuming you dont drape the target over the holder yoke and shoot the yoke, or have it so high up you are shooting the ceiling.

For those interested, its a good club. Since its indoors, it has its limitations but also has its benefits. There are some really good folks at the club and you'll enjoy it if you join. For those of you joining, you'll be seeing me if you need to go through the mandatory NRA training.