JackDaWack

Help Me decide

Im torn up right now between getting a ruger and buck mark, but ill be a little more specific. I really like the buck mark practical URX, but i really like the ruger MKIII(specifically one of the dealer exclusives. What do u guys think?

10130.jpg

OR

Buck-Mark-Practical-URX-MID-051448-m.jpg

Believe it or not but i have absolutely narrowed down my decision to these two pistols, i will be buying/ordering one of them on monday since my permits run out at the end of january.

I have the ruger, it'll shoot anything you give it and it's amazingly accurate. Some hate the assembly and disassebly of the ruger but to me, its easy as pie.

My choice would be the ruger.

M

I've been reading a lot about the breakdown and re-assembly being a pain, thats not really a concern because like any firearm, u have to learn its in and outs, once u know how to do it like u said it becomes easy. Im very patient with building stuff, and i enjoy a challenge anyway.

The rugers look sleeker too in my opinion, very sharp!

I vote Buckmark. That's what we used for our .22 pistol in my basic pistol class and I loved it. Very easy to shoot, fun, and easy to strip.

The buck mark is also about $100 cheaper. It's not that i'm worried about saving money, just getting as much i can for what i spend. However, it does come with only one mag and if i wanted to throw a sight/scope on it i would have to buy the rail for it. The ruger comes with 2 mags and the weaver style rail if you want to mount it. I'll probably never mount a scope or it, this is more for practicing quick target acquisition( getting on target quick, getting off the rounds and moving to the next one)at short range.

Honestly i'll probably end up owning both of these by the end of next year lol.

If it weren't for those silver grips on the ruger i would buy the buck mark.

Also the price request is still down, i'd like to see what shops in the area could do.

I bought my Ruger Mark III 22/45 Target Model with 5.5" Bull Barrel back in...if I remember, August 2010 new for $270. First thing that I noticed was the sights came loose after a couple hundred rounds. Some Blue locktite took care of that, and they now stay put. Front sight is just black. Used a touch of white out and now it's good enough for me. Came with scope mount that installed in a couple of minutes.

If I had to decide all over again, I would buy it in a heartbeat. It's a great gun and tack sharp right out of the case. The build quality is excellent.

I've put thousands of rounds through it so far, and the only failures I've experienced so far had to do with bulk ammo not discharging.

I owned a Ruger MKII and she was a jam-o-matic! Although I've shot a few other Rugers and they seemed to be fine, I'm gonna say the Browning BuckMark. My pops has one and it feeds whatever you throw in it.

I've owned a Ruger Mark II for 18 years. I've put 10s of thousands of rounds down the pipe. I've replaced the extractor once. I've cleaned it twice(ok, maybe a little more than that). It always works. I shot my step Dad's Ruger Mark IIs all the way back into the early 80s. He still has 'em, they still work great.

I long ago figured out how to re-assemble so for me, that's not a show stopper.

Strip/clean/re-assemble of the Mark III gets easier with experience. I decided to do it today what with the weather, and didn't have any issues. Seems to come apart and go back together a lot faster for me. Did a full strip/clean/re-assemble of the Mark III and my P95 in bout 45 minutes. But no, I don't strip it after every time I shoot it. Run a bore mop through it s about all.

Whatever you decide to buy, good luck. You're deciding between 2 very good guns.

I just bought my girlfriend an mk3 22/45 . The first time I took it down I almost threw it through the tv. Second time I had no problem besides getting the barrel assy. off the frame. It is very accurate and eats all types of ammo. I have never shot a buckmark but the fit and finish on those guns is outstanding. If I had to do it again or at leat when I get a .22 pistol. Im going BUCKMARK.

Well i pulled the trigger on the Ruger! Pun intended! When my friends P2p's come in im going to nudge him to get a buck mark. While i enjoy the finer details of mostly everything, he's just wants something that shoots good and is easy to maintain. My decision was based off that i could live with buying either pistol, but if i got the buck mark, i would just keep thinking damn that was a nice ruger.

Well i pulled the trigger on the Ruger! Pun intended! When my friends P2p's come in im going to nudge him to get a buck mark. While i enjoy the finer details of mostly everything, he's just wants something that shoots good and is easy to maintain. My decision was based off that i could live with buying either pistol, but if i got the buck mark, i would just keep thinking damn that was a nice ruger.

Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy that pistol. Just watch the front and rear sights after shooting your first few hundred rounds, they will come loose. All you need is a small screwdriver and blue loctite and you should be good to go.

I'll have to look into that mag loader, looks like a great idea for sure! I was looking into the strip kit for the rugers, seemed pretty strait forward, but im gonna wait until i pick it up on monday strip it down and see if i have any real issues getting it back together. Most the videos i've seen make it look pretty easy, but we'll see. Man i can't wait for spring time, i really need to join cherry ridge now, i've accumulated 3 firearms since august and i still want more! Now that my permits ran out i need to stock up on .22lr and 5.56 rounds. got plenty of 9mm.

Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy that pistol. Just watch the front and rear sights after shooting your first few hundred rounds, they will come loose. All you need is a small screwdriver and blue loctite and you should be good to go.

i have plenty of blue loctite from my r/c hobbies(the big bottle) so i'll probably apply some when i get my hands on her. I may replace the sights somewhere down the road for the trueglow ones, or unless someone knows of better ones that i can just throw on.

Edit: picked her up, what a beauty! need to buy ammo! thanks everyone for the advice, you guys didn't make it easy :icon_e_biggrin: