Caine

Kel-Tec KSG

After watching the video over and over, I do not see an issue. Believe me, if it ever gets released, I will stock it.

maybe it was user not being familiar with the system.. the one guy seemed to have it down.. but when I pump my mossberg.. it is smooth.. that just looked rigid and awkward.. and as pointed out.. the support hand coming SO close to the shooting hand when the pumping happens to me seems awkward.. again I have never shot a shotgun in that configuration so who knows.. the action just didnt look real smooth..

Paul... I would like to personally request the first one you get. Once it comes to release time if you would please give me the ability to pre-order I would. Just try to use some lube to compensate for my excitement.

On the foregrip... how about a strap handle like on the Mossberg Cruisers?

That magnum looked like it jarred a filling or two loose on that young man.

hmm i dunno. I'm still finding the whole bullpup thing weird. And recoil seems pretty harsh... maybe it was the shooters. I'll reserve judgement till more videos/info is released.

Typical pete, doing his research! Eff that, I want one!

I would give you a +5 if I could. I love that idea. Stops your hand, keeps it safe, and keeps it all much more compact than a VFG.

:icon_mrgreen: It was the first thing I thought of after I decided I must buy this shotgun

BTW heres a few more handstops (different styles and prices)

http://www.gearsector.com/browse/category/mounts/weapon-controls/

http://www.knightarmco.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4201-SS&storeid=1ℑ=surestop.gif&CFID=3967823&CFTOKEN=62772439index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=371

PREVIEW: Kel-Tec Shotgun (KSG)

01-04-2011

"The time for secrecy is nearing its end. This SHOT Show, Kel-Tec will be revealing its next ground-breaking product: the KSG (Kel-Tec Shotgun).

The KSG is our first entry into the shotgun market. The size, shape and design are similar to the currently available Kel-Tec RFB rifle, but the KSG ejects downward, instead of forward. The KSG weighs 6.9lbs and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1" overall length and an 18.5" cylinder bore barrel. Even with this compact size, the internal dual tube magazines hold an impressive 14 rounds of 12 gage 2-3/4" rounds (7 per tube). The simple and reliable pump action feeds from either the left or right tube. The feed side is manually selected by a lever located behind the trigger guard. The lever can be positioned in the center detent in order to easily clear the chamber without feeding another round from either magazine. A cross bolt style safety blocks the sear, and the pump release lever is located in front of the trigger guard.

The pump includes an under Picatinny rail for the mounting of a forward grip, or a light or laser. The included top Picatinny sight rail will accept many types of optics or iron sights. Forward and rear sling loops are built in, and a basic sling is included. The soft rubber butt pad helps to tame recoil.

MSRP has not been officially been set, but we are looking at the $800.00 range."

I wouldn't surprised if its anywhere between $800-1000

I would think that flinching is a way of life with a bullpup design pumpgun. Shooter must overcome it, but that is a hard task when you have an 1/8 stick of dynamite (exageration I know, but not far off) going off about 18" from you nose. I dont care... I want one so bad. I will overcome.

One thing I dont like, in the two vids that have been posted I have seen chambering issues. Whether from short stroking or lifter issues, I can not tell. Plus it appears that when one mag is empty the gun will continue to rack the empty magazine, I wonder if there will be an auto switch to full mag, or a way to lock out the action when a mag is empty. Most likely not, so it will be up to the user to realize... 7rds gone, better flip "da switch"!!!

Ha... I just realized it's gonna have "'Da Switch!". How cool. This is reference to an old intraweb joke going around about 10years ago about gangbangers looking for guns with selective fire, 'Da Switch, and thinking any gun with a safety was the 'da switch.

Hmmmm, I noticed alot of flinching there. It definitly has some thump to it.

What the hell happened there? He's racking the slide, then has to flip something then re-rack? Then the guy in the background says "Save the word". Save the word? Is this like some kind of Police talk for "shoot the dog"? (I'm kidding)

What the hell happened there? He's racking the slide, then has to flip something then re-rack? Then the guy in the background says "Save the word". Save the word? Is this like some kind of Police talk for "shoot the dog"? (I'm kidding)

The gun has two separate magazine tubes, and there is a selector switch for which tube is active. When one tube is empty, you have to switch the selector to the other tube before you'll start feeding rounds again.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but I believe "Save the word" meant they didn't want him to curse while recording.

This thing looks cool but the price would have to come down substantially for me to be interested in it, as well as consumer reports and testing when it initially comes out.

Finally took a look at this after perusing some of the SHOT stuff. I have no further information, but I too am quite intrigued. I've been dependent on my rifle as my go-to HD firearm, but the KSG looks quite intriguing. I'm a shorter guy with shorter arms, so, an 870 or 500 (and 590 more so) is just unwieldy for me to be comfortable with. The 14+1 is a nice touch, as is the ability to switch between shot and slugs, but, for me, the fact that it seems more accommodating for indoor/tight spaces is a definite game changer.

With that said, I too am waiting to see what issue reveal themselves initially... plus, 880 MSRP is just too much for what is otherwise a pump shotgun.

Still, quite intrigued.

Maks and I saw this thing first hand today. It was really cool and can be field stripped with the use of a quarter. Pretty nice, although it was said buck shot would hurt.

Yeah, hurt the perp! It has to have a little more thump since the action is literly in your shoulder and face.