Col. Mortimer

USPSA Introduction Class at Shongum

If there are enough people interested, I will run another USPSA introduction class. It would be late March. If anyone is interested, please let me know. This is a class for first timers that want to start but are a little intimidated about just jumping in. The class will focus on safety and proper procedures for shooting a match. This class will be your first match without the pressure of a match.

If anyone is even remotely curious about USPSA or other similar shooting sports, you should definitely do yourself a favor and take this intro class. I took this class last year, and it's a great stress free way to get your feet wet in a controlled environment with knowledgeable people watching over you and giving you pointers. Plus, it's a lot of fun :) Highly recommended.

The class has been approved and is on for Saturday, March 26th from 9:00AM until 2:00PM. Here are the details:

Equipment Required:

- Pistol, 9mm or larger

- USPSA or IDPA compliant holster, belt and ammo pouches for at least two

magazines. The holster must prevent access to the trigger when the pistol is

holstered

- At least three magazines

- At least 150 rounds of ammunition

- Eye and ear protection

- A chair is recommended

The fee is $25.00, payment is due at the start of the class, cash only please.

You do not have to be a member of Shongum to attend. The class will be held rain or shine. Bring lunch or snack and

something to drink.

Sweet! I'm excited to get into this. I'm sure I'll probably miss every target, but still love it. I'm going to use a Sig Pro in 9mm, with Blackhawk holster & mag pouches. 2 Questions: 1) Does it matter if I use the paddle or the belt-loop holster? 2) I wear prescription glasses, will they be enough or will I need to find over-glasses safety glasses for these events? Thanks!

Sweet! I'm excited to get into this. I'm sure I'll probably miss every target, but still love it. I'm going to use a Sig Pro in 9mm, with Blackhawk holster & mag pouches. 2 Questions: 1) Does it matter if I use the paddle or the belt-loop holster? 2) I wear prescription glasses, will they be enough or will I need to find over-glasses safety glasses for these events? Thanks!

Great gun. =)

Either will work, but I suggest the belt loop attachment that came with that Serpa. It is much sturdier. I am sure Col Mortimer will go over it.

I shoot with my Rx glasses and have not had issues... as long as they cover your eyes. If they are thin frames, popular with asians, you may want to get over safety glasses.

So Col. Mortimer was generous enough to offer meeting up with me personally on a Sunday since I can't make Saturdays. I plan on taking him up on the offer either way, but suggested that if he is going to offer his time up like that......we should try to get at least a couple more people.

If anyone is interested in doing this on a Sunday, let your voice be heard and we can work out a date that works with Col. Mortimer.

We haven't picked one yet. He PMed me offering to meet me on a Sunday since I couldn't make Saturdays. I work at a bank, so I have off EVERY Sunday, which gives me the ability to go whichever Sunday works well for everybody else. If the 26th works for you, and is okay with Col. Mortimer, that's perfectly fine with me. The sooner I attend this, the sooner I can get to the real matches :icon_twisted:

Chris, it has been brought to my attention that the 26th is a Saturday. Let me know if you meant 27th. I will also be PMing you.

Edit: Okay total misunderstanding on my part. Lunker was referring to Col. Mortimer stating March 26th was the Saturday class. I totally missed that, and thought he was suggesting that we have a Sunday class on the 26th :icon_redface:

Anyway. I am free EVERY Sunday, so if anyone would like to go on a specific Sunday let me know.

Attention Intro Class Alumni & any ROs:

Ron and Ralph are unavailable for the next Intro Class as they will be at matches. If anyone could help out, it would be greatly appreciated. USPSA is a sport that needs volunteers to function. Now is the time to pay back all the hours others have given. Please PM me if you can lend a hand.

Mike, what match is on the 26th?

I can come help out if you need. (RO).

Maks:

I need help with the Introduction Class in March 26th. This way, students are ready for the mathc on April 2nd.

Update:

I am all set with help and we will have plenty of staff on hand. There are only a couple of slots open so let me know if you plan to attend. The weather forecast looks good.