henrym

Giving CCW a bad name

I was killing time on youtube and came across this video. In my opinion this situation could have been handled in a much better way. I understand his response to being roadblocked and met by 2 individuals, one with a bat, but think some of the things towards the end are a little ridiculous.

FYI this is a rather long video at almost 7 minutes and the beginning is a little slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPofRQdREyU&feature=related

This has been posted already. However, I don't think it gives CCW a bad name. They harassed him by following him and some verbal harassment, then when he stopped the one guy got out with a bat. Seems perfectly justifiable to me. I think his only mistake was putting the video up online.....he should have smashed the camera and taken the memory card.

I can guarantee you that if someone is following me around for that long and harassing me.....and then gets out with a bat, I would draw too.....along with any other reasonable person. Literally one hit with a bat can kill you, that's a deadly weapon.

I can understand drawing but thats it. Taking the keys to the end of the road is borderline, and the camera is robbery.

robbery-Robbery is a crime of theft and can be classified as Larceny by force or by threat of force

I can understand drawing but thats it. Taking the keys to the end of the road is borderline, and the camera is robbery.

robbery-Robbery is a crime of theft and can be classified as Larceny by force or by threat of force

You are right. Taking the keys, even if he didn't drop them down the sewer, and the camera was too far. I was simply looking at him drawing. I think he should have taken the camera (so they couldn't alter or destroy the evidence) and held onto it while the police were called. Then let the officers do their jobs.

Nah, it was my fault. I saw the video before reading what you posted. Your post doesn't say anything about just the draw. My bad.

Either way, we are both agreeing on the same thing......that although the draw was justified, the rest was overboard. When you really look at it, he does not act that responsibly in general. When someone follows you around for that long, the cops should have been called way before it escalated to that point anyway.

Taking the camera was necessary in that these idiots documented their harassment of the guy and the fact that they pulled a bat on him. Taking the camera preserved the evidence of what happened. Imagine they didn't take the camera and the assclowns wiped the card, called 911 via a cell phone left in the truck and said they were just held up at gunpoint by a guy and woman in a silver BMW convertible. Now it is his word against theirs. Taking the camera was right and taking the keys was right. If they happened to fall in the sewer well **** happens don't be a douche bag next time...

They could have simply pulled the video and then dropped the camera off at the local PD...

Fakity fake fake.

I think this is amazing, I am the Tundra driver in the video, and when we made this video we had no idea there would be such a positive reception. First, I'd like to let the cat out of the bag....YES ITS A FAKE. Totally staged, not scripted, off the cuff, and the crappy parts were deleted. Second, Hicks drive Imports. Third, Yes it was filmed in Canada. I'd like to thank everybody for their comments, it really made making the film worthwhile, but to reiterate, it definitely was a fake. If you have any further interest, you can look at wittkopp.net, and thanks again.

And on wittkopp.net:

quote: The most popular video of ours is the BMW car chase (aka Hicks vs. Yuppies). It seems to have made its way around the net...

This video was created one afternoon by four friends with nothing better to do. We weren't trying to accomplish anything except to make a home movie that might make people laugh. We wanted to create a short video that surprised the audience at the end.

We had no idea that it would spark numerous debates about its authenticity. Quite a few people have weighed in with their opinion, some believing that it was completely fake, while others made interesting points regarding why they felt that it was real.

We loved reading all the comments, bad, good, and ugly. I can tell you that we did everything in one take, completely unscripted, with about ten minutes of planning. Alot is cut, especially near the end because we were laughing!

Seemed a little made for the internet to me, B acting.

Exactly. This has been around for a couple years and I think that it has been pretty well agreed upon that the whole thing was staged.