silentheaven

Experience at the bullet hole

Hey guys, just wanted to share my first experience at the bullet hole. At first it seemed okay, but it just wasnt as comfortable as shore shot for example. Being my first time there I wasnt sure how they worked. So when the lane right in front of me opened up I walked up and started. after about 5 mins the one guy walked up to me and said we have time for one more mag then we had to go. I was confused and said that we just got on. He continued to say well he didnt even see if i had a receipt which I thought he saw when we talked to him after entering the firing area. he had to have known that we just went on since when we got on line we asked him a question about a box of ammo. A better approach would have been to just tell me that next time i have to wait to be put on a lane instead of making it seem like i was going to be sent out after 5 mins of shooting. overall i dont think i will be going back there. it just seems like the staff is a bit arrogant. for now ill just stick to the long drive to shore shot.

They should have mentioned to you that you need to wait. There is a blackboard on the side that they log you in to track time. It does get crowded there sometimes. I've been shooting there for a while and have no problems. I guess some of the RO's are use to seeing me there. They are very strict about uncasing a firearm outside of the port - big no-no. I've seen guys get scalded for doing it multiple times in one session. As long as you follow the rules it's fine. They do get some "clowns" shooting there, so I cut them some slack.

well, their house, their rules.

i haven't had a problem there

and i'm pretty much in the middle of shore shot and bullethole.

bullethole is cheaper and a little bit closer for me.

i'd say don't let this one time experience deter you from going back.

now that you know the rules you shouldn't have that same issue again and you can just worry about shooting.

the last time i went there was probably the last time i'll go. the range was packed. way too packed for me to feel comfortable. if you took one step back out of your firing port you bumped into two or three people. there easily had to be 50-60 people in that little back room. unfortunately its the only indoor range thats close so im stuck with cherry ridge on weekends only. the people there always seemed nice though. and both pistols i bought from them were fairly priced.

I have been there a few times and have come up with the same conclusion, the RO's there are a bunch of asshats.

I completely disagree. I know four of the RO's and every single one that I've shot with has been comletely professional. Many other times, they've been very friendly, shared advice, tips, pointers or even some targets and even let us shoot their personal weapons in a vacant port.

I know for a fact that they get plenty of clowns in there (for example, the guy in the port next to me that was shooting his 12ga from his hip with bird shot who managed to hit both his target at 5 yards and mine out at 25 yards).

Any time I go to a new range, I make sure to let the RO know that I haven't been there before and I ask how their system works. I'd suggest give BH another shot(pun intended) and see how it goes.

• Like 3

Usually, as soon as you walk in the door, the RO has his hand out for your receipt.

It would be a good business idea to ask each customer coming to shoot at the range whether they have shot at this range before. Other places have computerized systems for lane time, the BH's antiquated low buck black board and chalk approach is <dramatic pause> well, I find it quaint, as well as effective.

I was there sunday and it was PACKED in the range. The staff is always obnoxious and they are never helpful when you want to check out guns and pricing in the store.

I'm really surprised that they were intolerant of you ptbr321. images1.jpg

Funny - I have never, never had a problem with any of the staff at Bullet Hole. Even the one PITA RO doesn't give me a hard time. Perhaps you all need to discard your "gangsta" image and give a little respect to get some respect.

Freaking Generation Y - or as I prefer to call them Generation WHY?? You want everyone to kiss your a$$ and you're surprised when some older folk are a little intolerant of your "damn it I want it now" attitudes.

• Like 2

whoa DAN! Blair, you are a very weird person and I don't understand you. How can anyone help you when you don't even know what you want. For once I'm agreeing with the bullet hole.

I've never really had a problem with the ROs... I think one time I was asked to see my receipt a second time after I had been shooting for about 10-15 minutes.. but I just chalked that one up to old age :p I've seen them make rude/obnoxious comments to people tho, so I can see why many people aren't too fond of them.

The biggest problem with BH is that it's just too damned busy. It sux to pay for an hour, only to walk into the range area and find 10+ people waiting for a lane.

I was there sunday and it was PACKED in the range. The staff is always obnoxious and they are never helpful when you want to check out guns and pricing in the store.

I was there too around 12. Where you there when that guy in the far right port had his cell phone tucked in his hat? Dude was screaming on the phone saying how he's in a shootout and the cops are firing at him while using no eyewear and shooting ammo that wasn't allowed. Total attention whore. Best part was before leaving I noticed he had no case for his gun, only tucked in a holster and split. And no way was he a LEO, or so I'd hope.

Dude was screaming on the phone saying how he's in a shootout and the cops are firing at him while using no eyewear and shooting ammo that wasn't allowed. Total attention whore.

And this is why I can't rag on the ROs at BH too much. If I had to deal with d-bags like that, I'd be an a$s to everyone too :facepalm:

Funny I was there Sunday at about 2, and waited for a port until almost 3. WAY TOO PACKED. Anyway the one RO (old guy who looks like an extra from True Grit) never seems to recognize me and reads me the riot act about "no head shots" with my rifle every time I'm there. He usually doesn't give me problems but will tell me to slow down at least once a session when I'm working my dot drills with 2" shoot-n-sees. The other RO is way cool and happens to be my favorite person at the entire shop. Just like anyone, you have to get to know these people.

You would not believe the amount of asshats they get at the BH. The place is like a failure magnet. I've been muzzle swept more times than I care to count, I've seen idiots shooting everything but the target, and I've seen four dudes in Affliction shirts all sharing the same .45ACP Glock. They should do a study on that place.

They really should be more aware of new shooters, when i went there my first time no one mentioned anything to me, just took my money, said put the muffs on and eye wear and walk through the door. I read the rules, gave the guy my receipt and just waited for 45mins until someone told me what to do since i had no idea. I proceeded to take out my pistol and the guy freaked on me... he said no fire arms out side the port area, i looked at him and basically said im in the port area. I wasn't going to argue with the guy, but if they wanted to be dicks about it i could understand if the rules were more clear. They basically dont want any guns outside your 2x2ft port, which means you have to juggle all your gear on the small shooting table. While i was confused why they made you do this, just look up.... behind the port area where people throw all there gear and crap, there's about 500 holes in the ceiling for what ever reason... they should really get rid of that huge abnoxious table if your not allowed to use it anyway, would free up tons of space in that tiny room. It helped having a friend share a lane with me, we just handed stuff off to keep everything boxed and keep the little...durr tiny a** port table clean.

The rule should state, no fire arms outside your assigned port, not no firearms outside the port area, the port area to me is the entire side of the room which the ports are located, which basically i though was between the table and the ports. Live and learn i guess.

Funny I was there Sunday at about 2, and waited for a port until almost 3. WAY TOO PACKED. Anyway the one RO (old guy who looks like an extra from True Grit) never seems to recognize me and reads me the riot act about "no head shots" with my rifle every time I'm there. He usually doesn't give me problems but will tell me to slow down at least once a session when I'm working my dot drills with 2" shoot-n-sees. The other RO is way cool and happens to be my favorite person at the entire shop. Just like anyone, you have to get to know these people.

You would not believe the amount of asshats they get at the BH. The place is like a failure magnet. I've been muzzle swept more times than I care to count, I've seen idiots shooting everything but the target, and I've seen four dudes in Affliction shirts all sharing the same .45ACP Glock. They should do a study on that place.

Yeah, i dont want to sound racist or anything but a freind was there and saw what he could explain to be 3 thugs sharing a 12g shotty shooting a target at 5 ft... he basically left at that point.

Hey, I have some affliction shirts and I havent muzzle swept or shared a glock with anyone ;)

I use the table for all of my gear. I bring a ton of stuff when I go.

When i went, half the table was occupied by bullet hole inventory. I understand you need a place to put your gear, but it shouldn't second as a bullet hole stock room. Also when i went they closed down two ports, which is why i had to wait 45mins, they said a training group was coming in, which either never showed up or the guy forgot when they were comming. I was there for an hour and 45mins and two ports were open the entire time with people waiting. This was on a Friday at like 3:30pm, i wonder if they shut down the lanes for the entire day for a group coming in at like 6pm.

I would go there again, no question about it, but it seems like they could organize the whole place a little better. When its packed in there, its basically every man for himself, i had to put some guy in his place when i was waiting on line and he just went right to the counter for more ammo. His excuse was he was on lane time, i said if he had asked politely i wouldnt have cared, the problem i had was he felt he was entiled to just go to the front of the line. I had to tell another guy to piss off who walked in behind me who was trying to pay for the range as well, last thing i needed was another person jumping in front of me for lane time, one jerk cutting the line can potentially make me wait an extra hour just to get a lane. On the way out after we were done, i could barely make it out the door the place was so packed. I know the place is small and some of this in unavoidable, but it just makes the experience frustrating.

• Like 1

Ya know, after reading all the responses I think I would give BH another shot. I could understand starting to have little patience for people when you get that busy and get that sort of people in. While it isnt the best way to deal with it, I do understand it.

Definitely not my favorite place to shoot but unfortunately it's about 15 minutes away from my house. Shore Shot is way more pleasant -- it's the kind of place I could spend an entire day at talking with the RO's, employees and fellow shooters. Bullet Hole is hamstrung not only by the staff and the volume of business they seem to get but by the lack of physical space/square footage that seems to create a perfect storm there more often than not.

I'm not in danger of actually buying a membership at Shore Shot yet since it's a full hour's drive, but I have thought about it. I will say this, if another range opened up within 30 minutes I'd abandon BH in a heartbeat and never look back.