papercutninja

Fingerprint ON FID card

So i just got my initial FID from my local PD this week, and i realized that they never inked and printed my index finger for the back of the FID card. Is this an issue? Do i have to go back there to get it printed, or can i do it at home?

So i just got my initial FID from my local PD this week, and i realized that they never inked and printed my index finger for the back of the FID card. Is this an issue? Do i have to go back there to get it printed, or can i do it at home?

Go back ASAP, then go have it laminated at somewhere like Staples.

Go back ASAP, then go have it laminated at somewhere like Staples.

DO NOT fingerprint yourself!!!!!

Even tho the odds of ever getting caught are slim, you are actually creating a forged document.

Go back to the PD and have them do it right.

This is Plainsboro PD, they were great in all other aspects. I guess what happened was they handed off to the dispatch office for me to pick up and never informed them that it needed to get printed. I'm stopping over there tomorrow on my lunch hour.

WOW, that is quite the oops on your local PD's end. Do what everyone else says and have them fingerprint you. What PD are you dealing with?

Heh... when I got my "change of address" FID my PD printed the wrong DOB on the card... It said that I was 11yrs old.

And you know what that fingerprint does on your FPID card?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. :icon_e_surprised:

Use your big toe if you want.

When I moved into my town eight years ago, I did the change of address thing and not only did they not put my print on the new card, they mailed it right to my home address. They've done the same thing with ALL my pistol permits since.

This is Plainsboro PD, they were great in all other aspects. I guess what happened was they handed off to the dispatch office for me to pick up and never informed them that it needed to get printed. I'm stopping over there tomorrow on my lunch hour.

That's funny. I'm from Plainsboro also and I just noticed that too. I'll have to stop by tomorrow and get it done. It's funny because I bought ammo on Friday and didn't have a problem.

Oh and first post ever here. Woo hoo!!!!!!

And you know what that fingerprint does on your FPID card?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. :icon_e_surprised:

Use your big toe if you want.

The clerk in Monroe pressed my finger down so hard it might as well be a big toe....There are no discernible ridges on my FID print just one big smudge. When I mentioned that fact she just waved me off and said it was good enough so I didn't stress it.

That's a tough one. If they are good to you then you don't want to harass them, however, if you are stopped and have to show it, the officer might not consider it valid.

Heck, you have an old ink pad for rubber stamps laing around?? if so, I'd just put my print on the card. It's not like we all don't know how to roll a print on a card, and it's not like anyone is going to say, hey this finger print wasn't put on my an officer..

You want one on a card that doesn't have one, roll your own..

DO NOT fingerprint yourself!!!!! Even tho the odds of ever getting caught are slim, you are actually creating a forged document. Go back to the PD and have them do it right.

How does that make it forged? I do not see anywhere on the card that says it must be fingerprinted or signed in front of a witness. If the PD forgot to have you sign it, would you have to go back and sign in their presence? It is your signature and your fingerprint. As long as you do it right it is not forged. If you used someone else's fingerprint, that would be a forgery.

oh yea... i was told NOT to roll my finger on my card just press straight down and then lift up

Right, for FID card itself its a straight press not a roll. The woman who does the clerical work for FID at my local PD had me do it myself.