Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

Why I'm NJ ZED commander-in-chief

downsized_0219112154.jpg

This is done!

Beretta Cx4 9mm rifle (used the Px4 magazines)

Beretta top, side and bottem rails

Burris XTS 135 Red Dot with a Burris low mount allowing true co-witness

Surefire G6 flashlight on a Vikings Tactical rail mount

Ka-Bar/Laserlyte rail mounted knife

Veridian C5 green laser mounted on rail under the barrel shroud

Moerse Lekker barrel shroud

DeSantis dual magazine pouch

Blackhawk! single point sling mount

Blackhawk! single point sling

CAA stubby foregrip with battery compartment

I'll post some better pictures tomorrow from Fort Dix. You can call me a mall ninja or tacticool idiot cause I don't care. When the zombies come don't come knocking on my door!

Nice gun Ray, it will make someone very happy when they pick it up off the ground. :icon_e_smile:

If that's the case, there will be zombie corpses all over the place! And I'll be dead because I ran out of ammo.

You might of already done this but I suggest the Trigger group and guide rode upgrade parts from Sierra Papa. They are easy to install and the benefits are unbelievable, It turns the stock trigger into a work of art.

Here is the Brownells link for the Trigger Group Upgrade and for the Guide Rod Upgrade

I like how it was very popular in the Battlestar Galactica series. They used a bunch of great guns throughout the series. http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Battlestar_Galactica

From Season 2 to the end of the series, the Beretta CX4 Storm is the standard long gun of the Colonial Marines on board the Galactica and the Pegasus. The weapons themselves have various attachments including a rail system with red dot sight, flashlight attachments, and a custom flash hider.

Sighted the Burris red dot this morning with the Ft. Dix crew. The green dot was not visiable. I thought it was the sunlight but Ben (bbk) informed me that green lasers don't work well when it's 40 degrees or below. It worked great the day before and now, since I've gotten home.

As far as running with this setup, it's totally functional (except the ka-bar/laserlyte, which is just a gag) and is easy to use once you learn how the gun is shot. I've had it for a while with a ton of rounds down range so it's very comfortable to me.

Can I request a close-up picture of the Burris sight and mount, maybe even a through-the-scope view? Been looking for a co-witnessing red dot for my CX4 for a while.

I'll send you one on my phone, PM inbound.

Beretta owns Burris optics. So you'll find that a lot of the optics play nice with Beretta firearms. Makes it easier to pick optics. :)

Makes sense, this sight is perfect for a storm rifle.

I like the storm carbines, but if I'm going to carry that kind of weight around it will be something chambered in 5.56.

just got back from shooting and I was making center mass shots on steel with a CX4 at 200 yards standing with the basic "iron" sights.. this gun is an absolute blast to shoot.. there was a SBR AR15 there as well.. and while I have an appreciation for the rifle round VS pistol.. the role of a cx4 is not the same as that of an AR15 or similar gun.. the CX4 would be the first gun I would go to in my dwelling.. tight light carbine.. pistol round.. reduced likely hood of over penetration (with the right ammo)... and accurate.. honestly.. it is difficult to miss with this rifle..

200 yards? Was it a 40? 100 yards is about the max distance I'd attempt to hit something of importance. What was the holdover Vlad?

40S&W 200 yards chest size piece of steel shooting into a light wind.. we would get in a groove.. first shot or two was off.. but after getting into a rhythm that thing would chime over and over again... so maybe 7 out of 11 rounds would hit solid at 200 yards... I had to aim a few inches high to be on target... we also made several Glock 23 and 27 plate hits at 200yards.. they were more like 4or 5 shots to hit once.. the CX4 was a legitimate shot.. as to if it had any energy left to do anything at 200 yards is another thing... but it was definitely on target.. shooting the pistols at that distance was more of a crap shoot.. lol

for some reason with the DPMS 308 I was solid on paper at 100.. and solid on steel at 200 but could not get on paper at 200.. now that the gun is all cleaned up and working properly I gotta get back out there and try again..

I really like the idea of this carbine; plus it shoots pretty darn nice. My only gripe is the ergonomics if the whole system. With enough time on it, I'm sure it's not bad at all. Just seems really, really funky.

Still, good stuff, Ray