Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

My friend who recently went to pick up his P2P's at the State Police barracks was fingerprinted upon going to pick the permits up(already had FID previously).

They only fingerprinted his index finger on both left and right hands.

I thought this was odd.

Initial FID + 2 P2P

Lacey PD (Ocean)

Records Clerk - Debbie

Morpho prints taken and applications submitted 11/20/12

Additional Mental Health form for prior County of Residence (Somerset) in NJ

Juvenile Records Check Release Form (even though I'm 58 and was never a Juvenile in this state)

Form listing ALL prior residences and Police Dept. Contact Info

My reference letters were sent out and returned within the first week.

When I last checked on 12/21 I was told that my application was with the Detectives, and "Don't call us, we'll call you".

When I checked again on 01/04, I found that Detective Sgt. Chris Cornelius is who reviews the applications. I left a voice mail, without a call-back to date.

I also discovered that the Chief of Police retired on 12/31, with no replacement yet appointed. I'm worried that will affect the approval.

I have another home in VA, and mailed in my application on 01/04 for a non-resident CHP. I wonder which I'll receive first?

I called my DT earlier to drop off my application for PP and was told he can't take me in until the 30th of this month, wow. I thought I was just gonna drop it off and play the wait game, but I guess it's different here in UNION, 07083.

Anybody drop off their PP paperwork recently in 07083?

Same situation here in Livingston. Went to drop off PPs today and there was a note on the Records Dept. window stating that

they will not be able to take any new firearms requests (PP and FIDs) til Feb 1st due to being backlogged. Note further said that State iwait is approx 90 days and that they (LPD) would need an extra 60 days. So, it looks like about a five month wait.

LPD has always been very good in handling firarms requests in the past. Timely and no crazy forms,etc..

P.S. They did take my paperwork and M.O. so I wouldn't have to come back, but its still in the Feb 1st pile.

Applied today for address change and a P2P in Edison.

That was September 19th. Got a call on Tuesday, 1/7/13 (transcribed by Google Voice):

Al, what's going on. It's (name of officer) at Edison Police. Just of the keep you up to speed on your permit/ID. I keep staring at your app front of me. I mean we're done. We're pretty much good to go but it's just matter of complying with what the law states, and your initial was out of Hackensack. (Name of secretary) faxed over a couple of requests. It looks like it's at least 3 times, but we're still waiting. So just let to you know, like I said I just wanna keep you in the loop that we didn't forget about you. We're just for waiting for Hackensack to send us your original file because that's where you came from, so we can finish your package so. Again, I'm just keep you up to date. If you've got any questions, just gimme a shout (phone # repeated twice) alright, I'll talk to you later.

I have to give kudos to Edison PD on this. I never called to follow-up since I'm not in the market for anything at present. I just figured it would take however long it takes and that's that. So this update was unprompted by anything but the officer trying to do his job.

Thanks EPD.

Now to start calling Hackensack...

Application type: FID address change

Police Department: Middlesex Boro

Contact at police department: Detective Dan O'Connor

Time taken to issue FID and/or permit: 89 days. Dropped of on 10/10/12. Got called on 1/7/13. Still have to pick up.

Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form): None.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.): I called every week and they claimed they were still waiting for background checks to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok here's my situation:

-Submitted all paperwork to Willingboro PD Oct 1, 2012.

-Waited until November 2012 to contact the clerk or secretary. No dice.

- Went to PD 1/7/12 no one was available to help.

- Contacted Willingboro PD via phone today (1/10/12) no answer but left a voicemail

-102 days and counting and fed up

When I checked again on 01/04, I found that Detective Sgt. Chris Cornelius is who reviews the applications. I left a voice mail, without a call-back to date.

I also discovered that the Chief of Police retired on 12/31, with no replacement yet appointed. I'm worried that will affect the approval.

I have another home in VA, and mailed in my application on 01/04 for a non-resident CHP. I wonder which I'll receive first?

I left another message for Detective Sgt. Chris Cornelius yesterday, and received a call-back today. He apologized for not getting back to me earlier and stated that my FID and P2P's could be ready as soon as tomorrow, IF the Township Comittee designates an Acting Police Chief during their meeting this evening. I intend to attend the Township meeting.

I left another message for Detective Sgt. Chris Cornelius yesterday, and received a call-back today. He apologized for not getting back to me earlier and stated that my FID and P2P's could be ready as soon as tomorrow, IF the Township Comittee designates an Acting Police Chief during their meeting this evening. I intend to attend the Township meeting.

Good for you... Show them you mean business... Get up and say something make it short and too the point.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Good for you... Show them you mean business... Get up and say something make it short and too the point.

The Township Council appointed Cpt. Paprota as "Officer in Charge" of the Lacey Township Police Department, which according to the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, and Township Attorney gives him the legal standing to sign permits. I spoke to Cpt. Paprota, who will begin signing permits tomorrow.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial I.D.

2. Police Department where you applied. Bloomfield

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Dealt with 1 detective. He told me it would take 30 days to process.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit:

Returned application and got fingerprinted on Oct. 26, 2012

My payment for background check was cashed on Jan 11, 2013

As of Jan 11, 2013, my references have not received the letter

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).

Called after 30 days and told it was pending. Called after 45 days and told they were waiting to hear back from my references, but my references still have not got the letter.

2.5 months and waiting!!!

The Township Council appointed Cpt. Paprota as "Officer in Charge" of the Lacey Township Police Department, which according to the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, and Township Attorney gives him the legal standing to sign permits. I spoke to Cpt. Paprota, who will begin signing permits tomorrow.

Just got the call, my FID and P2P's are ready for pickup.

11/20 - 1/15

65 days, contacted Linden PD, they said my background check is finally being processed. Detective said "hopefully within the next couple of months, you'll get your FID."

Who knew that filling out paper-work was a multi-season process.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Damn.... Thats crazy!!!!! Drop an email to the NJ2AS get this on there radar

65 days, contacted Linden PD, they said my background check is finally being processed. Detective said "hopefully within the next couple of months, you'll get your FID."

It took 3 months for linden to send the reference letters.

Dropped of paperwork/money to the State Police(Woodbine) for 3x P2P's today(12/20/12) at 1:45PM. And now the wait begins.

I'm guessing 2-3 months. But probably longer due to the fiasco the firearms unit is dealing with the buying frenzy.

Update: References got their calls yesterday(12/28/12).

30 days today. Still waiting. ...I'm impatient.

Submitted my application mid August to the Elizabeth PD and i was not given a time frame. I called this Monday and the person that answered told me that the waiting period was 3 to 6 months at minimum and up to a year. I'm going to wait until next week to call again and see what they say. Considering what a few people in here posted as their wait times i think im doing rather well.

Called the other day. I was told they haven't gotten my finger prints back yet. I got them done early sept. I think it's time to start figuring out who's shuffling their feet.

Called the other day. I was told they haven't gotten my finger prints back yet. I got them done early sept. I think it's time to start figuring out who's shuffling their feet.

Never recived your prints? That is utter nonsense. I'm in Linden, right next to Elizabeth. My PD is super slow with processing applications and permits, but they recived my prints in just a few days.

Contact NJ2AS, your PD's chief, your mayor, and your district's legislator's, in that order. Tell them your story, and hopefully one of them will budge and help you out. Something's gotta give.

I have a similar situation in Bloomfield, applied on Oct. 26. On Jan 11 they cashed my check, so I assume the finger prints are processed, but my references have not got their letters yet. Did your references get their letter before or after your background check got processed?

Never recived your prints? That is utter nonsense. I'm in Linden, right next to Elizabeth. My PD is super slow with processing applications and permits, but they recived my prints in just a few days.

Contact NJ2AS, your PD's chief, your mayor, and your district's legislator's, in that order. Tell them your story, and hopefully one of them will budge and help you out. Something's gotta give.

I will most definitely be contacting those people you mentioned as well as a few others. I am all for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals but Jesus, Mary , and Joseph this is absolutely ridiculous.

Change of address and 2 PP. Paperwork submitted December 11th. Reference letters received within a week and they sent them back x-mas eve. My roomate filled for 2 PP the month before and it took 30 days exactly. I figure with xmas, new years it's going to take a few more days. We'll see....