Destinydog

M&P 9

I bought one after shooting two at my local gun club. I'm more of an all steel guy and NEVER thought I would buy a gun like the M&P. It's a great gun and the adjustable backstrap makes it easy to fit any size paw. I'm not giving up my Beretta any time soon, but highly recommend the M&P. Looking to buy a .45 version next.

I have the M&P 40 and love it. the three dot sights are a little easier for me than my Glock 17's rear sight. Note there's a little funky procedure in taking down the gun for cleaning in that you have to reach in and flip a little wire into the mag well before taking the slide off. (easy to forget the first few times) Look at a utube video to see what I'm talking about. best of luck with it-

anyone own one? Im on the verge of purchasing it and want to hear some real user feedback.

thanks.

I live maybe 5 miles from you.... I am off Rt15.... Always more then welcome to try mine...

I love it, and even after trying many other pistols, I have never regretted my choice....

I've got a Pro and it is fast becoming my favorite pistol. I had a compact come through for transfer and my wife held it...now she wants one. I've got a threaded barrel kit on order as well as compacts for both of us. Can't wait for my Ti-RANT 9 to come in so I can start shooting them suppressed (subsonic hearing safe 147s anyone?) One upgrade I suggest is the Apex DCAEK. Much improved trigger pull, very easy to install and less than $100. My Pro trigger is better than any Glock trigger I've ever tried. My carry G19 will be replaced by a full size M&P 9 (not much bigger than the 19) and I've mothballed the plans to buy a G26 secondary for my EDC.

The ergonomics of the M&P are light years beyond the Glocks. The grip is comfortable for small handed folks and large handed folks and everyone in between. The mag release is situated such that dropping the mag requires little to not adjustment of the hand. And it's a small thing but the mags seat better than any of my Glocks.

Ty,

so question, if you are going to replace trigger, why get the Pro over say the 9mm L ?

If you want a 5" and plan on doing trigger and sight work..... just get the L

If you tend to leave things as is.... then get the Pro ( comes with S&W's upgraded sear and FO front sight)

I've got a Pro and it is fast becoming my favorite pistol. I had a compact come through for transfer and my wife held it...now she wants one. I've got a threaded barrel kit on order as well as compacts for both of us. Can't wait for my Ti-RANT 9 to come in so I can start shooting them suppressed (subsonic hearing safe 147s anyone?) One upgrade I suggest is the Apex DCAEK. Much improved trigger pull, very easy to install and less than $100. My Pro trigger is better than any Glock trigger I've ever tried. My carry G19 will be replaced by a full size M&P 9 (not much bigger than the 19) and I've mothballed the plans to buy a G26 secondary for my EDC.

The ergonomics of the M&P are light years beyond the Glocks. The grip is comfortable for small handed folks and large handed folks and everyone in between. The mag release is situated such that dropping the mag requires little to not adjustment of the hand. And it's a small thing but the mags seat better than any of my Glocks.

How is the accuracy with the M&P9. That is something I've read quite a bit about, especially with the 9. Tough to make it group well out of the box. I've also read about teething problems with the 9's, but not the 45 (which I've shot and loved).

My dept switched to the M&P 40 2 years ago , Great gun, easy to shoot, very rugged and reliable. Also switched my offduty from the Ruger LCP to the M&P9c, cant say enough great things about this family of guns. purchased a few X-grip, grip extenders to use the full size mags with my compact, makes a great carry gun on and off duty. because of the interchangable back straps it feels great in in all hands, 700 rounds through my 9C and no teething issues, as for accuracy it gets the job done out to 25 yards no problem ,decent groups. Bill

The M&P 9 was the first gun I bought. It has been a great gun - I've had some minor issues with it because of stiff 10 rnd mags and crappy ammo. But now that I've switched to the 15 rounders (and stoppped using the crappy ammo) it's been rock solid. It is also one of the most comfortable guns to hold and shoot.

I still prefer my Glock 19 largely because I don't think the stock trigger on the M&P 9 is anything to write home about... I find it to be "vague" for lack of a better word. I keep saying I'm gonna do the full Apex treatment on the M&P 9 but never seem to get around to it.

Either way, take Troy up on his offer. I'm sure you'll walk away with a smile on your face followed up with a quick trip to your closest dealer :)

Like Caine my first pistol purchase was a M&P 9mm (Pro). I have shot it a bunch of times and my wife has been there twice. We both love the pistol. It is a blast to shoot.

I shoot at Shore Shot from time to time and wouldn't mind hanging out if you want to try it.

I also agree with the 10round magazines. The 10th round is a pain to load. I have some 15 round mags but haven't tried them yet.

I have used Federal and Sellier and Bellot ammo. They both ran thru the pistol with no problems.

I bought some USA Ammo (new) in 9mm to try in the pistol the next time I head to Shore Shot.

My carry G19 will be replaced by a full size M&P 9

NO! jk Ty, whatever works for you sir.

The M&P's trigger is weird to me. I'm used to the Glock and XD trigger with the safety built in. I still like the M&Ps, but it's behind a Px4 or G19, IMHO.

I have an M&P40 that I picked up used from the Bullet Hole. I've added the Apex sear and polished the internals. Trigger is pretty good now. Accurate pistol and easy to handle. Surprisingly, for me, I can't say any of the backstraps are ideal. I'm considering ordering a couple of extra backstraps to play with. Wouldn't mind taking a spin on an M&P45 of some flavor. I understand you can throw in a stock M&P9 barrel and get some 9mm mags and you have yourself an M&P9. Not bad. Still not giving up my Glocks though!!!

I have an M&P40 that I picked up used from the Bullet Hole. I've added the Apex sear and polished the internals. Trigger is pretty good now. Accurate pistol and easy to handle. Surprisingly, for me, I can't say any of the backstraps are ideal. I'm considering ordering a couple of extra backstraps to play with. Wouldn't mind taking a spin on an M&P45 of some flavor. I understand you can throw in a stock M&P9 barrel and get some 9mm mags and you have yourself an M&P9. Not bad. Still not giving up my Glocks though!!!

No..... an M&P.45 cannot be converted to a 9mm....

a .40 yes.... you can buy .357Sig and 9mm conversion barrels for that pistol