david8613

just some pics of the changes of my saiga....

Glenn - let's agree to disagree, because you're close to being stuck in the 19th century with all that useless mil-surp crap in your safe(s) :russian:

Useless? I'll take you on with my mosin vs your mossberg 500 at 500 yards and we'll see which gun is useless

:vinsent:

Useless? I'll take you on with my mosin vs your mossberg 500 at 500 yards and we'll see which gun is useless

:vinsent:

Both guns are useless at that distance, 500 yards with Mosin sights are impossible. Now, 5 yards? Either would be deadly, but buckshot or slugs at close range are exciting.

Its been said that there were couple of Finns that used irons sights only (as they believed it gives them less exposure ) who made kills in 400m to 500m range ( that's against Russians ). Also it's been said that V. Zaytsev / Zaitsev made kills with open irons up to 600m. I will do more research.

Both guns are useless at that distance, 500 yards with Mosin sights are impossible. Now, 5 yards? Either would be deadly, but buckshot or slugs at close range are exciting.

you need more practice Ray. I shoot my milsurp rifles at 600 yards with open sights and do ok. I can hit a siloutte at 600 yards eighty % of the time.

you need more practice Ray. I shoot my milsurp rifles at 600 yards with open sights and do ok. I can hit a siloutte at 600 yards eighty % of the time.

Nope, don't believe it. You might get lucky with 1 out of 5 but not 4 out of 5.

lol are you serious? Even shooting 2moa at 100 yards (thats 2", ray) that is 10" at 500 yards (which it can do better anyways...) and a human center mass is more than 10" across. That means 100% hit rate. I shot my PSL at 600 yards which i can shoot just the same as my mosin (both are stock) and at 600 yards I kept it on a IDPA target.

Just because your fancy new guns cant shoot as good as our old commie crap doesnt mean its not possible :D

We're talkin Mosin sights at 500 yards right? Na, can't even see what your shooting at. 200 yards is tough to see at Fort Dix, 500 would be a stretch. Sorry, aint buyin it.

what do you mean cant see at 200 yards? The mosin sights arent bad actually. People shoot irons at that distance all the time. next time I go to the range in DE im bringing my mosin just for you :) and I will shoot it at 600 yards on an IDPA target.

ray ray... just for you... Lets go 1000 yards.

I invite you to look up John Sedgwick, he was shot in the civil war at 1,000 yards. Irons of course, and with a rifle much more primative than a mosin! I think the bayonet on your cx4 is throwing off barrel harmonics and blurring your reality on rifle shooting :)