Sign in to follow this  
deviated rationality

The NJ Problem

Something that has been on my mind for a while, and I wanted to see if anyone else has thought of this. If the ZAOD (Zombie Apocalypse of DOOM!) does occur (or something else on the same lines like a disaster or collapse of society) where will you go? Most of NJ is a peninsula, especially in the south. The only evacuation routes are bridges, and you can bet those will be clogged to the point where you probably won't be able to use them.

So a few questions:

1. Where will you go if you have to evac?
  2. If you decide to stay home, why? And what provisions do you have for water, medical, food, and defense?
  3. Do you have routes planned already? What roads/highways? If you pick main arteries over back roads, why?
  4. Have you made a list of medical problems for the people that you would be living and traveling with? Have you started to prepare for their needs?

I really can't believe people actually believe zombies are going to take over.

Now economic collapse, risk of war, and other realistic scenarios seem much more likely.

It is my belief that the "Zombie Apocalypse" is a euphamism. I saw the "Zombie Apocalypse" start in Wisconsin.

As far as preparation... Guns or butter.

I really can't believe people actually believe zombies are going to take over.

Now economic collapse, risk of war, and other realistic scenarios seem much more likely.

I dont think anyone actually believes it will ever happen. Not everything is always completely serious. But, the questions still remain. Have any of you thought of how prepare for these variables?

Personally I dont waste my time. I think you would need to be nearly independantly wealthy to really be prepared. I think for everyone else it will come down to a true eat or be eaten situation (ie the zombie euphamism). So my investment is in equipment that will make me the Lion, not the lamb.

• Like 1

As I explained to my 14 year old daughter who was getting tired of hearing about the "zombie apocalypse", "zombies" are anyone who wants to take our stuff or tries to hurt us once the SHTF. :p

perfect PC definition.

My friend, you are forgetting something that works to South Jerseys advantage..... Boats. The roads will be packed. The bridges will be worthless. The waterways will be open. I'm in Cape May County where there are marinas, ramps, fishing fleets and a Coast Gaurd Base. If things go really bad really fast I may be the proud owner of a USCG Cutter. As long as your not bit you and your family can join my fleet and call me "Admiral Ron".

Side note: do cutters need a key?

• Like 1

My friend, you are forgetting something that works to South Jerseys advantage..... Boats. The roads will be packed. The bridges will be worthless. The waterways will be open. I'm in Cape May County where there are marinas, ramps, fishing fleets and a Coast Gaurd Base. If things go really bad really fast I may be the proud owner of a USCG Cutter. As long as your not bit you and your family can join my fleet and call me "Admiral Ron".

Great thinking Medic!

I agree. Im ocean bound when the zombies come. Not like you have to anchor that far off the shore.

There's a fungus that turns ants into zombies... who's to say it can never happen to humans! My link

For me, there are many "it depends" things to consider. Considering much of the state's roads are impassible on a good weather holiday weekend... trying to go mobile during a panic would be futile IMO. My plan is to hunker down. If there is any possibility of rescue or govt action, I figure 60-90 days would be the sweet spot. If it goes past 90 days, now we're into apocalyptic scenarios. At that point it becomes dog-eat-dog.

Since two of those USCG boats are in AC since the pier was condemmed I will grab one too and meet you at the rips..,I only take single women on mine...kids are fine we will need someone to swab the deck.

Since two of those USCG boats are in AC since the pier was condemmed I will grab one too and meet you at the rips..,I only take single women on mine...kids are fine we will need someone to swab the deck.

and you think the coast guard wont already have taken those boats for themselves.

• Like 2

You guys are krazy! How long you think you will be able to stay out in an open seas??! I'm getting my crew together and heading down to Amish country. They got food and shelter (without use of any modern tech) and we got means to protect that (since they're not really into that) >> fair trade.

And dude I hope you are really joking about not believing that zombies are coming cause that's not funny. It's like saying you don't believe that asteroid will crash into earth at some point......

Tide comes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication!

Stay put, best thing you could do. Let the maniacs run around and they'll kill each other off. If you have a few good "friends" that you can trust and own GUNS then your set. Take what you need from your neighbors and dead people, then bounce when it's quiet.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this