Babaganoosh

TD Bank now charging for non TD ATM's

Banks really SUX. Chase wants to charge a sevice charge unless I keep a 15k balance on one of my checking accounts(business or personal)

or if I get a CD w/ a 15k balance. A CD at like .05-1%... Fuk them! I opened two checking accouts with my broker where I keep real money and get good returns. Surprize , Surprize, when I close my Chase accounts next week.

They're also talking about capping debit transactions from 50 to 100 dollars. That would pretty much end my use of the debit card since if it's under that, I pay cash.

I guess it's back to taking out huge wads of cash every week to pay for everything or using a credit card which can lead to debt accumulation. That's probably what they want.

They're also talking about capping debit transactions from 50 to 100 dollars. That would pretty much end my use of the debit card since if it's under that, I pay cash.

I guess it's back to taking out huge wads of cash every week to pay for everything or using a credit card which can lead to debt accumulation. That's probably what they want.

Mark- I use the credit cards alot and rack up points used for travel. Just have to ave the discipline to keep a zero balance.

Mark- I use the credit cards alot and rack up points used for travel. Just have to ave the discipline to keep a zero balance.

Ditto. Only I use my cash rewards cards more. Nothing like free money!

banks are greedy, anyway they can get money from you they do it.

i switched to td couple years ago from too many charges from bank of america, even moved my credit card machine over to them to save money on charges, those charges have doubled over two year period was just looking into a new merchant.

I rack up points on my credit cards as well but some times when we have some big outlays in a single month we may float some of the balance. It happens, shrug.

I travel for business and it's not unusual for there to be 3-4k on my credit card in travel expenses and it comes due before I get my company reimbursement...so it floats.

It's why I pay for everything on my debit that's not cash but I won't buy things online with a debit card. If your credit card gets compromised, the CC company is worried about losing THEIR money...if the debit card goes...it's your money.

banks are greedy, anyway they can get money from you they do it.

i switched to td couple years ago from too many charges from bank of america, even moved my credit card machine over to them to save money on charges, those charges have doubled over two year period was just looking into a new merchant.

We are in the process of switching our CC machines over to Mercury Pay from BOA, they have a "meet or beat" policy on transaction fees, so they should be able to beat what your currently paying. We will be set up by the end of next week, so I can let you know how it goes, but so far so good a far a paperwork, communication, etc.. they also have mobile apps and swipers as well. our swipers are USB and go thru the internet. nothing stored locally.

I'm sure. I went 2 weeks ago. It was either 3 or 5%, I was busy running my mouth and missed whether he said 3 or 5. I'd rather use Coinstar. It's 9%, but at least they are up front about it.

I googled it and it looks like the fee is for noncustomers. Did they officially change that?

don, do they have cancelation fee's ?

how much do they charge for non use not running a card for the one month billing period ? i am closed jan and feb td use to charge mje 10.00 for the month now they are at 35.00 for the month..

just started reading up on this one. Im headed out to work on race boat be back tonight..

http://merchantwarehouse.com/?cpao=537

don, do they have cancelation fee's ?

how much do they charge for non use not running a card for the one month billing period ? i am closed jan and feb td use to charge mje 10.00 for the month now they are at 35.00 for the month..

just started reading up on this one. Im headed out to work on race boat be back tonight..

http://merchantwarehouse.com/?cpao=537

I'm not sure what your fees will be, it's all based off the volume you do and dollar amounts. They have you send them 2 or 3 months of current statements, so pick your biggest months and send them that, they average it out. We are getting one regular machine for our fuel dock, and that doesn't get used from like Nov - April.. I don't believe there is a fee. Mercury Pay. can't hurt to reach out to them..

I use cards for almost everything. I just pay it off at the end of teh month. I make sure I pay it off so I have zero interest.

Wow I didnt know that. You sure?

It happened to me. Non customers and the sign is very small.

When TD was still Commerce it was an excellent customer oriented bank. Since the merger/acquisition, it's gone back to being a "typical" bank. The party is over and I will shortly be moving my money away from TD.

I'm considering ING - anyone have any experience?

When TD was still Commerce it was an excellent customer oriented bank. Since the merger/acquisition, it's gone back to being a "typical" bank. The party is over and I will shortly be moving my money away from TD.

I have a savings account thru them. The interest rate is many times that of a local bank. I have had no problems with them so far but I don't do a lot of business with them besides transfering money to/from them. I do get occasional email from them about their checking accounts. Something to look into I guess.

I have ING accounts but just linked to my checking to get better intrest rates, that and there CD's at times are pretty good. Have not tried switching over to them totally and not really thinking about it.

It's funny, I have had the same checking account for 28 years but I have been with I think 6 different banks, I think I started off with Howard Banking, and I am now just new with Wells Fargo that was just bought out by Wachovia. :icon_e_confused:

Harry

It's a business, how else do you expect them to make money to pay the employees, bills, and account for any losses due to fraud?

That's why I'm slowly moving my stuff to a credit union. At least it's a non-profit org, so I know they're not out to make money off me.

I have ING accounts but just linked to my checking to get better intrest rates, that and there CD's at times are pretty good. Have not tried switching over to them totally and not really thinking about it.

It's funny, I have had the same checking account for 28 years but I have been with I think 6 different banks, I think I started off with Howard Banking, and I am now just new with Wells Fargo that was just bought out by Wachovia. :icon_e_confused:

Harry

I went through the same thing, last it wa bank of america..

Isn't this how its always been, because I remember when I first got my checking account with Commerce they said I had to keep a minimum about of money in the account forgot the amounnt as i always kept a bunch of mony in it.

Yes, it used to be $100, it's been raised to $200.

As soon as I heard that TD was going to charge a fee I opened an account at PNC Bank. PNC charges ATM fees too, but the only place I really use an ATM is at Wawa, which has PNC ATMs. There's one every 10 feet around me, so I don't have to worry about paying for it.

Guys, try Provident. No atm fees for "free" atms, and if you make 10 credit purchases a month with your debit card, you earn 2.5% on the checking account, and all atm fees charged by the owners of those atms are refunded.