completely legal...just as long as you don't use it in a crime. If you do, then it becomes completely illegal.

not only illegal, but completely illegal

Love it!

2C:39-13. Unlawful use of body vests

1.Unlawful use of body vests. A person is guilty of a crime if he uses or wears a body vest while engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit murder, manslaughter, robbery, sexual assault, burglary, kidnaping, criminal escape or assault under N.J.S.2C:12-1b. Use or wearing a body vest while engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit a crime of the first degree is a crime of the second degree. Otherwise it is a crime of the third degree.

As used in this section, "body vest" means bullet-resistant body armor which is intended to provide ballistic and trauma protection.

same thing with hollowpoints. legal until you break the law, then its just another charge they can tack on. ie: brian aiken

Not the same. Possession of hollow points are legal if possessed under the exemption statute no matter if one were to commit a crime or not. A charge for something else is not an automatic qualifier for a hollow point charge. Aitken was charged because he possessed them outside of the exemption.

Nothing shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land, ...

He's probably shooting at the Bullet Hole! :facepalm:

Hey....I was considering picking up a vest for work, I work at a bank. Times are getting desperate....I don't plan on pulling anything stupid or trying to play cowboy....just in case someone does something stupid. It's also not a bad idea to wear one at the range, mistakes do happen....I remember a couple people mentioning they wear one to the range. I'm still considering picking up a concealable 3A vest.

It depends on where you buy it from and what level vest you want. I have seen used level 2 vests up to new 3A vests at PA gun shows, ranging from $125 to $600. If you can find an online dealer that will sell to civilians it will be cheaper.

haha yea it kind of would be smart to wear one at the bullet hole. I was hanging up a target one day when some guy put a bullet through the plastic side piece it was so close to my arm that my sleeve physically moved as the bullet flew by. lets just say i reemed the guy out along with the range master.

Eh - I shoot at BH and feel fine without body armor.

For a place with the tuffest RO's it really isn't the safest place to shoot. There are bullet holes everywhere, which is why they call it the BULLET HOLE!

You know what guys, I went to the bullet hole and had an interesting experience. A guy and his wife/girlfriend was in the next booth. I just finished firing the 40 and decided to put a few rounds through the Mossberg before I left. I guess the girl was never there before and was learning to shoot a pistol. I fired the shotgun adn she dropped the handgun. Guess she was never to a range before. After reading this post, I may try to find a place to buy full body armor before i go back the the BH. LOL

just look @ the Knucklehead shooting next to you, they probably never shot a gun before.

Easy now, we all have to start somewhere. :icon_e_wink:

I did pretty good the first time I went. Never pointed the guns at anything I didn't want to shoot (which were the targets downrange).

When one rifle didn't fire I put it down and told my friend what was wrong. It was his stuff, I had no clue what happened, just didn't fire when I pulled the trigger. Found that a round did not load properly into the chamber, he fixed it, gave it back to me and I emptied the magazine.

I never hit anything but the targets that day but I did get hit with a casing from the guy next to us.