theRU

How to teach a bully a life lesson

glad to see that kid strike back. seems like we're raising a nation of "soft" kids. i remember settling plenty of disputes in the school yard through fights. there were no worries of expulsion or attorneys or parents calling other parents. it's just how it was dealt with. and bullying was just a rite of passage....or is that right?

I'de rather teach my kid to not give anyone a reason to get faceplanted into the concrete

+1

With all the BS in american schools these days, with law suits and expulsions..All that has happened is that the bully is empowered. He doesn't fear the slap on the wrist that a school could give him so he continues his "Crimes"

Does this sound familiar???? Sounds alot like our justice system. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens so that the good people are left powerless. Fighting back is the only way to teach a lesson and change. Imagine if the gangbangers had to fear a possible retaliation from the people they terrorize????

Personally I love it because all they try to teach kids these days is "Go get a parent." You know what thats does, it gives the bully reason now. I caught my wife trying to teach my kids this and I followed up with a lesson in reality. Dont be a target and if you become one, violence of action.

+1 to the no named big kid. He learned that from watching WWE I bet.

I agree with Glenn. Teach kids how to avoid situations in which they might be threatened, defuse/deescalate a situation, and defend themselves without becoming the villain.

As a freshman in highschool a senior in my woods class broke my work everyday, and did the usual shove me into lockers thing. Eventually he broke one of my friends ribs and dislocated my shoulder, so the next day when he came over to our bench I picked up a 2x4 and said I was going to break his jaw with it if he tried to hit me. He laughed and tried to hit me so I swung it into his face and "ruptured his septum" or something like that. I figured I'd be expelled since my school was quite p***yfied, but when I sat down with the principal they pulled out the kids file and it was at least 1.5" thick. I got a slap on the wrist and he got suspended. It worked out surprisingly well, and I'm still shocked I didn't get kicked out.

I agree with Glenn. Teach kids how to avoid situations in which they might be threatened, defuse/deescalate a situation, and defend themselves without becoming the villain.

As a freshman in highschool a senior in my woods class broke my work everyday, and did the usual shove me into lockers thing. Eventually he broke one of my friends ribs and dislocated my shoulder, so the next day when he came over to our bench I picked up a 2x4 and said I was going to break his jaw with it if he tried to hit me. He laughed and tried to hit me so I swung it into his face and "ruptured his septum" or something like that. I figured I'd be expelled since my school was quite p***yfied, but when I sat down with the principal they pulled out the kids file and it was at least 1.5" thick. I got a slap on the wrist and he got suspended. It worked out surprisingly well, and I'm still shocked I didn't get kicked out.

I love it! Unfortunately, if this happened today you would be in jail! lol

Teaching your kids to deescalate a situation is a good idea, but there's a point where that just doesn't cut it anymore. They can run, and tell the teacher/official as much as they want but there comes a point where you just have to settle the situation with a good old fashioned beating.

I've been in that situation from the video. The only way to stop the bully is to show him a reason to stop. In middle school I was constantly harassed about my weight. Calling me fat-a**, fatty, lardo, etc. One day a kid decided he was to sexually harass me. He touched me I told the principal. Nothing happened. Next day kid did it again. I hit him in the face, laid him out cold. Harassment stopped, everything was fine. And like MrP I didn't have a file as thick as my wrist so I got off with a warning while the kid that harassed me got suspended. I'm all for a diplomatic approach to these situations, but sometimes force must be met with force.

Teaching your kids to deescalate a situation is a good idea, but there's a point where that just doesn't cut it anymore. They can run, and tell the teacher/official as much as they want but there comes a point where you just have to settle the situation with a good old fashioned beating.

I've been in that situation from the video. The only way to stop the bully is to show him a reason to stop. In middle school I was constantly harassed about my weight. Calling me fat-a**, fatty, lardo, etc. One day a kid decided he was to sexually harass me. He touched me I told the principal. Nothing happened. Next day kid did it again. I hit him in the face, laid him out cold. Harassment stopped, everything was fine. And like MrP I didn't have a file as thick as my wrist so I got off with a warning while the kid that harassed me got suspended. I'm all for a diplomatic approach to these situations, but sometimes force must be met with force.

Freakin good for you bro. How any bully could think he is cool by sexually touching another man is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard Good for you though!

I'de rather teach my kid to not give anyone a reason to get faceplanted into the concrete

I fear Glenn ever having a kid ;)

With all the BS in american schools these days, with law suits and expulsions..All that has happened is that the bully is empowered. He doesn't fear the slap on the wrist that a school could give him so he continues his "Crimes"

Does this sound familiar???? Sounds alot like our justice system. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens so that the good people are left powerless. Fighting back is the only way to teach a lesson and change. Imagine if the gangbangers had to fear a possible retaliation from the people they terrorize????

Preaching to the Choir, man.

Nicely done.

Agreed. If/when I have kids, I will teach them how to defend themselves in the best way possible. I will not rely on a broken administration to help care for my children.

Any bully deserves to have his asss kicked. I'm glad the kid fought back. Once you get hit in the face, all bets are off. No kid deserves to be bullied in school and I'm not worrying about a lawsuit if my kid is getting harassed like that.

Freakin good for you bro. How any bully could think he is cool by sexually touching another man is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard Good for you though!

And its not like a tried everything in my power to avoid the fight. The system just made it impossible for me to do anything their way. Plus the Middle School I went to was racially biased. The kid I reported for having harassed me (and I made a list of the transgressions) was on a sports team, and African-American. The principal we had at the time came from Camden, and only looked out for the African-Americans in the school. That alone made it hard for me to try and get any head way. And it just came down to handling it myself.

Luckily my dad had taught me how to defend myself. If it wasn't for him I would have just laid down and taken it, but he told me that standing up for myself is more important than being harassed almost everyday.

My older son had to be convinced that he could stand up for himself and fight back. He did and it solved the problem. My younger son, on the other hand, punched a kid on the first day of kindergarten because, "it looked like he was going to hit me first." He's never had a problem with bullies lol, and luckily he hasn't become one either thank goodness.

That was his buddy taping him, think they did it for putting it on you tube and it backfired, that big kid probably never bothered anyone and figured they would get away with it..

turned that scrawny kid into a drunk sailor.. :icon_lol:

glad to see that kid strike back. seems like we're raising a nation of "soft" kids. i remember settling plenty of disputes in the school yard through fights. there were no worries of expulsion or attorneys or parents calling other parents. it's just how it was dealt with. and bullying was just a rite of passage....or is that right?

"fighting solves everything"! :aggressive:

unfortunately, nowadays we are raising a bunch of skirts! lawsuits, timeout (wtf), no spanking/belts, etc!

back in the day, ur fists solved problems. no guns in school, etc.

today, kids arent allowed to be disciplined,etc. =here comes DYFS!

i believe the liberals are ruining our country, our way of life and our kids!

until something happens to them (or family), they will change their views!

"fighting solves everything"! :aggressive:

unfortunately, nowadays we are raising a bunch of skirts! lawsuits, timeout (wtf), no spanking/belts, etc!

back in the day, ur fists solved problems. no guns in school, etc.

today, kids arent allowed to be disciplined,etc. =here comes DYFS!

i believe the liberals are ruining our country, our way of life and our kids!

until something happens to them (or family), they will change their views!

Sorry man but I don't agree with putting a belt to my kid.

• Like 1

I read through most of the responses, so I apologize if its already been said... but the big guy, who did the pwning of the bully, was actually suspended (with the bully not facing any type of consequences-- yet). From what I know about this, it happened in Australia, and the clip was indeed filmed by the bully's friend (there are follow up pictures of the bully on crutches that he took himself). Also from what I've read from other sources is that the parents of the victim will be suing the bully and his family.

All things considered, the bully got what he deserved. I do tend to agree with the zero tolerance policy regarding violence in schools, and that even though the actions were in self defense, there should still be consequences. Albeit, if I am the parents of the boy who was bullied, I wouldn't take any further action with him.

I read through most of the responses, so I apologize if its already been said... but the big guy, who did the pwning of the bully, was actually suspended (with the bully not facing any type of consequences-- yet). From what I know about this, it happened in Australia, and the clip was indeed filmed by the bully's friend (there are follow up pictures of the bully on crutches that he took himself). Also from what I've read from other sources is that the parents of the victim will be suing the bully and his family.

All things considered, the bully got what he deserved. I do tend to agree with the zero tolerance policy regarding violence in schools, and that even though the actions were in self defense, there should still be consequences. Albeit, if I am the parents of the boy who was bullied, I wouldn't take any further action with him.

I read that the people in australia were outraged when they heard the fat kid got in trouble and the bully ended up getting 14 days.

I have to disagree. If the kid died, it would have been all his own fault. He provoked a kid 3 times his size. I bet that kid thinks twice now.

Kid could have died. I will teach my kids defensive fighting. Just enough to keep em at bay. No reason to chance going to jail over something stupid. Looks like it hurt a lot!

• Like 2

Growing up, I had this kid who was a year older than I, and about 6 inches shorter, who went out of his way to be a complete piece of crap to me. But he never did it alone. It was always when he had his bigger friend around, even though the bigger friend would just stand there and laugh. Normally I'd just ignore him. Finally, one day he tried to throw me into the pricker bushes. Luckily I just pushed him back, but he still came at me. When I told my parents what happened, they just said to ignore him, because he had a little man's complex. A couple days later, I was walking home, and he stopped me, and spat something like gob stopper juice all over my brand new jacket. That just about sent my Mom through the roof. My Dad said to not let that happen again. Lo and behold, as I was walking home the next day with my friend, sure enough, I get cornered by the pip squeak. I just happened to have one of those old steel lunch boxes in my hand. Well, he starts pushing me, and I tell him to back off. He says: "Whatcha gonna do about it?." I made like I was going to walk away. Instead, I took the lunch box, and smashed him so many times in the face that he fell back and got a bloody nose, and my friend had to pull me off of him, while the bully's friend just stood there, shocked. Ya know what? Neither of them ever bothered me again. And when I got home and told Dad, he shook my hand, and said: "Good job, son." I'd probably serve time for that today, though. Oh well.

• Like 1

Bullies generally quit being bullies (or to an extent) when someone finally stands up for themselves and ends up beating the crap out of them. This is why bullies pick on people they think won't do anything, or can't. I got a fair amount of crap until about half way through my sophomore year of HS.(who would have thought that skinny redheaded kid would be a 2 sport varsity athlete?) I always just ignored them. The one time I didn't, I turned around and punched the kid in the face. Not only did that solve the problem, but he actually had to beg me not to tell my parents what happened because he didn't want to get in trouble from his parents. No problem, you can explain your own black eye.

OK Well, the bully punched the fat kid in the face. If someone did that to you even as an adult, would you go get a cop?? Or your parent if they are still alive, or kick the crap out of him. Me personally, i would drop the guy if he punched me in the face. I have taught my son to defuse the situation, but if it gets to the point of a fist, do it and make it count.