QuePsiPhiSmkr

Anxious and excited!!!

Has anybody gotten a feeling of anxiousness and excitement like waiting for a gift at Christmas while waiting for their FID and P2P?!?!

Damn the waiting is grueling!!!!

Nothin better than checking the mail and BAM! The letter you've been waiting for and almost forgot about is here. Time to pick up your permits and get them bugles, heaters, ghats, or whatever else tickles your pickle!

I thought of this thread when I returned from a trip to Meltzer's yesterday, where I was drooling (figuratively, I hope!) over what I was going to acquire with the three P2P's that I have pending. I got a look at the Glock 19, which I think will be next for me; and got to hold a Beretta 92A1,

which I believe will be next. Still uncertain about what to get with the third one, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Also, got to hold a Mossberg 500, which looks like it would be useful for HD or worse scenarios, although so far I am only familiar with handguns. I'll need to determine how easy it is to learn to use something like that. I'll post a query on another thread, but if anyone wants to give advice

here, that would be fine too.

I KNOW!!! I get all giddy filling out archaic and obsolete paper-work which permits the sate to violate my rights of privacy just so I can beg for permission to exercise my creator-given rights!

It's like the day before a pre-boot-camp medical exam, or the day before going through a TSA checkpoint. My heart is all a-twitter. :threaten:

But, yeah, when you get the call that your permits are approved, you feel relieved, which only pisses me off more. Why do I feel happy and relieved after waiting 2 months to do what should take 15 minutes?!?!?!?!

I had waited for a little over 5 weeks. I just got mine a couple days ago. I got home from putting in applications around town, got home turned my computer on and got a call from the Detective Sergent I could pick my FID up. Not even home 5 minutes I jumped back in the truck to get my card :icon_mrgreen:

Checked the mail everyday hoping I would get a letter or something, and outta no where got a call. It was a good day.

Yes, I agree.....

I turned in all my paperwork a week ago, and I am being realistic and not expecting my FID/2 permits until Mid July or so. The only problem with such a long wait is you are no longer excited about purchase the guns and you

almost forget about it.

Yes, I agree.....

I turned in all my paperwork a week ago, and I am being realistic and not expecting my FID/2 permits until Mid July or so. The only problem with such a long wait is you are no longer excited about purchase the guns and you

almost forget about it.

Very true!

Thankfully I still have Drag Racing and tennis to keep me busy. I could be helping the economy purchasing guns but the state doesn't want me to spend anything yet............

Nothing is as exciting when you get that notice or phone call, your papers are ready for pick up!! The wait can be painful, but it gives you time to really find something you will enjoy, instead of running out and getting the first thing you like.

What ever happened with the pistol permit card that made it through committee. How much money is wasted by police departments doing b.s.redundant backgrounds checks . Hey hears a brite idea allow fid cards to buy firearns including handguns. Why doesnt the fiscal super hero Governor sign an executive order allowing just that? That charlatan.

I feel spoiled. My initial FID and P2P took 2.5 weeks from the time I got finger printed. Haven't gone back for a second P2P yet as I have a couple of long guns on my wish list before I even think of another handgun. Good luck. I can tell you it always seems much longer when you really want it haha.

One suggestion is a humble call to the police station and ask if anything is missing.....I did that and one reference was missing. The detective was cool enough to let me know and said everything is fine. Once he got in touch with my second reference, he said it was going to the Chief's desk for a signature....Hopefully anyday!!!

One suggestion is a humble call to the police station and ask if anything is missing.....I did that and one reference was missing. The detective was cool enough to let me know and said everything is fine. Once he got in touch with my second reference, he said it was going to the Chief's desk for a signature....Hopefully anyday!!!

Good suggestion. As I close in on four weeks, I rush to the mailbox every day to check to see if my notice arrived, then walk away disappointed when I find it's not there. In the meantime, at least I have my Glock 23 to entertain me.

Called my local PD this morning to be sure they had all the necessary documentation. I was told that it's on the chief's desk, along with a bunch of others, and he will get to it before too long. In the meantime, I've contented myself with purchasing lots of ammo. So far, I have about 2500 rounds, 1500 of which is 9mm. Since I don't even own a 9mm handgun yet, if for some reason my P2P is denied, I'll have a lot of useless (to me) ammo on my hands. :icon_cry: