david8613

why do you have so many guns?

why do you have so many guns? thats the question i get asked alot, i usually say its your right, or jokingly ill say ill be ready when the zombies come! but i wanna know how many have you run into this question and whats your answer to them?

Its like asking "why do you own so many shoes"

Usually the asnwer is "because I want that many" or because "They all fill a different role" or "because I can". This is of course if you are dealing with women. You can of course subsitute shoes for golf clubs, cars, etc

Then you just say, well, thats why I have so many guns.

"I am a deep and complicated man, of many moods, many interests and varied hobbies and skills. Each serves a purpose, and each speaks differently to my soul"

See what they have to say after that.

• Like 2

"I am a deep and complicated man, of many moods, many interests and varied hobbies and skills. Each serves a purpose, and each speaks differently to my soul"

See what they have to say after that.

I may have to steal that :)

Why have so many wrenches or screw drivers? Why collect a whole team of baseball cards? Each gun performs a different task and is suited for a different type of shooting. And because they are cool.

I feel it is the thrill of the "chase." There maybe a gun you have always wanted or a new line of guns from different manufacturers. But it is the thrill of "wanting the gun." I smoke alot of cigars and if you are hardcore cigar smoker, you know there certain hard to find smokes that I try to get my hands on. Once,I get that item...I go on chasing after another item...The thrill of the chase is what I call it....It is a great feeling.

IMHO, the less people know what you have the better off you are......YMMV........

+2

Hardly anyone knows about the one gun that I currently own. (I hope to acquire a few more in the near future.) Seems like there is a stigma attached to being a gun owner, at least in North Jersey, so I don't like to talk about it much. That's why I have you guys.

I feel it is the thrill of the "chase." There maybe a gun you have always wanted or a new line of guns from different manufacturers. But it is the thrill of "wanting the gun." I smoke alot of cigars and if you are hardcore cigar smoker, you know there certain hard to find smokes that I try to get my hands on. Once,I get that item...I go on chasing after another item...The thrill of the chase is what I call it....It is a great feeling.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have the same issue I just never knew how to explain it. :)

I can arm other people in a emergency.

If i use 1 in a self defense sitiuation it may be taken by police.

I like to bury a few in case of a gun grab, hopefully they are not watching me while i bury them with sattelites.

I can't understand why there are people with hundreds of Hummel figures. I know one guy who has...ready for this....about 150 chess sets! My guns are just as dangerous to upstanding citizens as Hummel figures or chess sets. I also have over 100 cameras in my collections and they never hurt anyone.