darewinder

hello!!! from north jersey

Hey guys.

Looking into buying my first handgun in new jersey. I have not shot in a while 5-6 years but have experience shooting handguns. I will be applying for my permit shortly. if anyone can suggest a store/vendor and a place to shoot near north/central jersey it would be awesome

Welome aboard dude! If your gonna stay local in regards to an FFL then Caso's is the place. If you want to use highly reputable FFLs on this site then PK90 and TJ are tops. Good luck and keep us posted on your process. What town are you from?

The lines between north and central jersey are pretty vague. Shore Shot in Lakewood has a great selection of handguns, both for sale and for rent. (All you need to rent is a DL) You can go there and try many different guns in the same caliber for one price and see what you really like. Nice range to shoot at, very friendly and knowledgeable staff and forum members get half off walk on shooting fees.

Tuesday nights a lot of forum people shoot and most would be happy to let you shoot their stuff.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard from Toms River!

Welcome to the Forums! I am new to the sport also and very interested in protecting my Constitutional second amendment rights. I did some training at Gun for Hire in Belleville and picked up a Gen4 G19. It has been very sweet and I am shooting it a lot. I used a FFL at True Value Hardware in Lincoln Park, NJ. I've been getting to Bullet Hole and Shore Shot at least once a month and I'm in process checking out Somerset County Fish & Game Protective Assn.'s range in Bridgewater. Accessory purchases mostly are coming from The Sportsman's Guide while I check out other online ammo dealers. Next ont the agenda is a G21 and Remington 870 (not very many in stock):

Specs:

Action: Pump

Gauge: 12 GA

Barrel Length: 18 1/2" & 20.5" with breacher tube

Choke: Rem Chokes- Cylinder ported breacher tube

Sights: New out XS rail ghost right sights combo & big white dot front

Capacity: 6 + 1

Chamber: 3"

Length: 39"

Weight: 7 1/2 lbs

Drop: 1 1/2" @ Comb & 2 1/2" @ Heel

Stock: Synthetic

Finish: Black Oxide

*XS Adj GRS & rail combo Big white dot front

*Barrel tapped for choke tubes

*Ported Breacher choke tube

*receiver drilled & tapped

*Factory +2 tube ext kit

*Black Oxide finish

*870 Tactical on the receiver

*SpeedFeed LE forend

*New 870 polymer stock Remington is now putting on their 870 shotguns

extac3.jpg

hey guys thanks alot for the welcoming replies. I live mostly in new brunswick but do visit rutherford (north jersey) often so kinda in between places. I dont have to use FFL if a store has a good selection. Also looking to buy a 9mm or 40 I shot an USP 45 by HK and really liked it. Might consider MP or sig as well.

The lines between north and central jersey are pretty vague. Shore Shot in Lakewood has a great selection of handguns, both for sale and for rent. (All you need to rent is a DL) You can go there and try many different guns in the same caliber for one price and see what you really like. Nice range to shoot at, very friendly and knowledgeable staff and forum members get half off walk on shooting fees.

Tuesday nights a lot of forum people shoot and most would be happy to let you shoot their stuff.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard from Toms River!

thanks I heard of this place from someone. will deff check out. I will be applying for my permits this week, so well see how long it takes

I'm not sure if Rutherford will be any better, but if you want the contacts for New Brunswick, let me know - I'll PM them over to you. I think it's Detective Herbst in the ID dept that deals with FID's. And he only does it on Tuesdays around lunchtime and Thursdays after 5.